What's new

April USA UMK3 Tournament (XBL) - COMPLETED

Juggs

Lose without excuses
Lead Moderator
Premium Supporter
So if I was just messing around did a mercy and he managed to win, would you count that as a loss for me even though technically I've already won?
Of course that's a loss. Don't do a mercy in a tournament match if you don't want it to count as a loss when you lose.

MKB

Forum General Emeritus
So if I was just messing around did a mercy and he managed to win, would you count that as a loss for me even though technically I've already won?
You don't win the match until you have two ticks under your name and it says "(character) wins." When you perform a mercy, you will notice that one of those round wins disappears the second you perform it. You are taking a gamble to perform an animality or give the player a second chance; something you should NEVER do in a match that counts. To quote American Pie... "You don't score until you score!"

Of course that's a loss. Don't do a mercy in a tournament match if you don't want it to count as a loss when you lose.
You don't win the match until you have two ticks under your name and it says "(character) wins." When you perform a mercy, you will notice that one of those round wins disappears the second you perform it. You are taking a gamble to perform an animality or give the player a second chance; something you should NEVER do in a match that counts. To quote American Pie... "You don't score until you score!"
Don't dick around in tournament matches............check

BTW DCI if you decide to run another XBL tourney, do you think you could host it on a Saturday? Some of the players I contacted told me they would have enjoyed participating but Sunday was just a bad day for them. I think I could get more people to register and actually play if its hosted on a more favorable day.

MKB

Forum General Emeritus
BTW DCI if you decide to run another XBL tourney, do you think you could host it on a Saturday? Some of the players I contacted told me they would have enjoyed participating but Sunday was just a bad day for them. I think I could get more people to register and actually play if its hosted on a more favorable day.
I would have done Saturday, but I was running the PSN tourney on that date. I can't run two tournies at the same time so I made it for the next date instead.