What's new

Anyone read any good comics recently?

EGGXI

Scary Bat
Also this weeks comic were generally awesome.
Except for JLA... because I'm pretty sure there is some bull shit right there and I'm annoyed that it looks like the guy in the purple suit isn't Michael Desai after all.. just some Joker-related person somehow...

That is all.

EGGXI

Scary Bat
what's the premise? i just know it's connected to batman's apparent death.
Not really... in classic Gaiman style it sort of takes place outside of everything.
It's... like a multiversal funeral for Batman when various incarnations of his friends/foes gives eulogy's about different Batmen... it's weird as hell but in a good way.

Not really... in classic Gaiman style it sort of takes place outside of everything.
It's... like a multiversal funeral for Batman when various incarnations of his friends/foes gives eulogy's about different Batmen... it's weird as hell but in a good way.
sounds pretty interesting.

insomnia_ftw

It's simple.. We normalize the superman.
Me and my gf read Identity Crisis the other day (which probably wasn't a great idea. if you've read it.. you know). Man that shit gets pretty intense!

I loved how Watchmen-ish it was, with the disenchantment of the silver age of comics (or was it the golden age? whatever, old vs new). The only thing that kinda put me off was the ending; it was ok but not what I was anticipating.

Any of you read it?

tazzmission

Banned
Which is weird because Bendis is butchering what the previous Guardians were all about.

its not new that orgins have changed and the only guardian book i read was annilation conquest part 1 because it was free at marvels site

i just dont have the money to go out and buy all the dna graphic novels

Reedoms

Noob
its not new that orgins have changed and the only guardian book i read was annilation conquest part 1 because it was free at marvels site

i just dont have the money to go out and buy all the dna graphic novels
It's not really the origins changing, he's just shitting on everything that came before it. Starlord is a douchebag, Iron-Man has no business being in space, Drax seems like a musclebound Hulk and for some reason Rocket is spouting out "Killed Ya" way to often. He even offhandedly just mentioned that the cancerverse exists and that Pete got out of it, just never mentioned how. I dunno, I just dislike most things Bendis does.

tazzmission

Banned
It's not really the origins changing, he's just shitting on everything that came before it. Starlord is a douchebag, Iron-Man has no business being in space, Drax seems like a musclebound Hulk and for some reason Rocket is spouting out "Killed Ya" way to often. He even offhandedly just mentioned that the cancerverse exists and that Pete got out of it, just never mentioned how. I dunno, I just dislike most things Bendis does.

lets be real though. the last time guardians were even in stores was in 2008 so from then till say now nobody cared about the group. to say bendis is shitting on it is wrong when the series didnt last as long

i dont mind ironman in and hell thats another reason why people who are not familiar with them buy it

its a marketing thing man

me personally i wanna read it just because of the film thats coming so ironman is just one of those thing i can easily ignore

low_kix

Noob
Just read Lazarus 1, and it was one the the best first issues I have ever read. Batman Superman 1 was way better than I thought it would be too

Got caught up on the new 52 Earth 2, this series looks promising and I adore this hawkgirl design. Gonna get caught on swamp thing next, time to see if it lives up to the hype.

low_kix

Noob
Got caught up on the new 52 Earth 2, this series looks promising and I adore this hawkgirl design. Gonna get caught on swamp thing next, time to see if it lives up to the hype.
Snyder's run on Swamp Thing is awesome, especially when read alongside Animal Man. Its actually better suited for a power read through as opposed to month by month, because it's just one big story arc

Sent from my SGH-T699 using Tapatalk 2

Reedoms

Noob
Snyder's run on Swamp Thing is awesome, especially when read alongside Animal Man. Its actually better suited for a power read through as opposed to month by month, because it's just one big story arc

It really dropped in quality once Rotworld started. He just dragged it on for 4 months and literally nothing was accomplished other than Abby dying.

EGGXI

Scary Bat
It really dropped in quality once Rotworld started. He just dragged it on for 4 months and literally nothing was accomplished other than Abby dying.
BOO SPOILERS YOU BUTT!

Also Rotworld was pretty good IMO. I really liked it. :p

Reedoms

Noob
BOO SPOILERS YOU BUTT!

Also Rotworld was pretty good IMO. I really liked it. :p
It ended almost 5 months ago. I didn't think I'd still need to throw spoilers out. The new writer on it is killing it though. Probably the first person in the whole New52 to actually characterize Constantine correctly.

EGGXI

Scary Bat
It ended almost 5 months ago. I didn't think I'd still need to throw spoilers out. The new writer on it is killing it though. Probably the first person in the whole New52 to actually characterize Constantine correctly.

What, basically a bastard? I think the Constantine title is doing an alright job of that too!
It may have ended 5 months ago or whatever but people literally posted in this thread saying they were about to start reading Swamp Thing and you posted what happened, otherwise I wouldn't have bothered.

Reedoms

Noob
What, basically a bastard? I think the Constantine title is doing an alright job of that too!
It may have ended 5 months ago or whatever but people literally posted in this thread saying they were about to start reading Swamp Thing and you posted what happened, otherwise I wouldn't have bothered.
Well if you wanna get technical, she doesn't really die. The only person who did die is already getting set up to be resurrected but that's in another book entirely.

If you haven't been reading Batgirl fro the last few years or Detective Comics you're a fool!
Sincerely hope you don't mean Simone's Batgirl because that book is just awful. 'Tec Comics really picked itself up though last year.

low_kix

Noob
If you haven't been reading Batgirl for the last few years or Detective Comics you're a fool!
I loved the Stephanie Brown as Batgirl run. Babs, not so much

Tony Daniels run on Detective was terrible, as is everything he writes, but it has since become pretty good