What's new

General/Other - Ninjitsu Anyone else feels that Ninjutsu is missing something?

Scoot Magee

But I didn't want to dash
I think it's important to learn to hit confirm b12 into spear. It's a safe alternative to beat neutral crouch up close and leads to good damage into a hard knockdown. It's a lot better than just using raw b121. This is not practical online but offline it works consistently if you buffer the spear motion as you start the string. I don't have the best reactions and I can do it pretty consistently. This can obviously apply to his other variations as well.

JTB123

>>R2 - BF4 = Unblockable.
How about give us back old hellfire so we can have bullshit like the rest of the good characters? That block damage.

I think it's important to learn to hit confirm b12 into spear. It's a safe alternative to beat neutral crouch up close and leads to good damage into a hard knockdown. It's a lot better than just using raw b121. This is not practical online but offline it works consistently if you buffer the spear motion as you start the string. I don't have the best reactions and I can do it pretty consistently. This can obviously apply to his other variations as well.
Agree 100%. I've been trying this lately and online it is extremely hard, I use hellfire more so try to confirm into Aura. I feel the same way about F4 but F4 is even harder.

HuttonMD

ADM Riddles
What's everybody's opinion on 123? I try to use it as a punish since its short range but its -1 on block and if you hit can go into around 35% meterless

Matix218

Get over here!
Im definitely going to work on confirming b12. I didn't think it was hit confirmable before but after seeing Scoot say he is fairly consistent with it offline I am going to practice it more against the random block training dummy.

What combo do you use after a hit b12 spear in ninjutsu?

B12, spear, b2, b2, jk, tele, 212?

JTB123

What's everybody's opinion on 123? I try to use it as a punish since its short range but its -1 on block and if you hit can go into around 35% meterless
It's my preferred armour breaking string and also for Aura links in hellfire as you only loose 1% from S2 options and the opponent is much higher in the air afterwards so follow ups are easier.

Aslo 123-tele-214-ex tele is far more consistent than the other way around and you don't lose any damage.

It's a very under used string in my opinion, only downside is the lack of range the 3 has but you learn not to use it in situations where it might whiff.

HuttonMD

ADM Riddles
I didn't even think about it breaking armor since it is a fast 3 hit string. I like using it after aura as well since I've had an easier time linking it afterwards.

In ninjitsu do you all feel ending combos with hard knockdown is better then the reset?
I just like ending in HKD just so I can use f2 more afterwards it seems more what that variations game plan is about

Ze Dingo

D4->F2 = unblockable. Ice Clone = unpunishable.
Im definitely going to work on confirming b12. I didn't think it was hit confirmable before but after seeing Scoot say he is fairly consistent with it offline I am going to practice it more against the random block training dummy.

What combo do you use after a hit b12 spear in ninjutsu?

B12, spear, b2, b2, jk, tele, 212?
You can walk back slightly bit after spear and use F2, then B2 B2 etc.

If you NJP instead, you can connect 3 B2s, but you do the same damage as F2 B2 B2

Scoot Magee

But I didn't want to dash
I didn't even think about it breaking armor since it is a fast 3 hit string. I like using it after aura as well since I've had an easier time linking it afterwards.

In ninjitsu do you all feel ending combos with hard knockdown is better then the reset?
I just like ending in HKD just so I can use f2 more afterwards it seems more what that variations game plan is about
Well I think the frame advantage from the teleport gives the best possible mixup situation. They lose the option to wake up which is good because f2 isn't fast enough for all wake ups. You also don't have to worry about delayed wake up. After conditioning with grabs people will let go of block during the advantage to try to tech or crouch which opens up pretty much any other option. If they don't do that they'll eat a throw every single time you land a teleport which is also good for us.

In the end you get more options after a teleport than after a hkd. You also don't have to worry about as many options. You can go for st1/st4 into whaterver, a string, f2, throw and etc. You can just make things more ambiguous by constantly switching up the patterns.

Last edited:

HuttonMD

ADM Riddles
@Scoot Magee

Definitely changed my thought process on how to end the combos. You have more options after the reset thanks for that.

I just started really getting into scorpion about two weeks ago so I'm still learning the best ways to get in and get the most of it. Scorpion's neutral game has been tough for me

HuttonMD

ADM Riddles
Also I'm on Xbox my gt is xXxR1ddleMeTh1s if anyone ever wants to run some sets hit me up. I'd definitely like to see how you all play scorpion so I have something to work from and get my own flow from there

IROC

WP IROC
I know many of you already are aware. To keep from making a new thread. Did you know in ninjistu, the f2 can cancel into specials. Any specials. Its some what useful. It also helps with spear enders that are at a distance that only run can reach. F2-spear, ect

JTB123

I know many of you already are aware. To keep from making a new thread. Did you know in ninjistu, the f2 can cancel into specials. Any specials. Its some what useful. It also helps with spear enders that are at a distance that only run can reach. F2-spear, ect
It also looks super cool.

Fun fact it was actually super useful before GM Sub was nerfed but after the clone was toned down it lost a lot of its utility.

Xzyj

Noob
In hellfire you can actually do b12 fbc into full combo, link is about 4 frames i feel like, but i can do it very consistantly after some training.
B1 fbc is huge advantage on hit, so until you're used to b12 cancels into combo you can try this one to beat out pokes.

HuttonMD

ADM Riddles
In hellfire you can actually do b12 fbc into full combo, link is about 4 frames i feel like, but i can do it very consistantly after some training.
B1 fbc is huge advantage on hit, so until you're used to b12 cancels into combo you can try this one to beat out pokes.
I've been trying to link b12 fbc into combo using 21 after fbc I'm probably doing it to slow because I can't get it to link

HuttonMD

ADM Riddles
I've been learning to hit confirm b12 into aura in hellfire for damage combo since I can't end it in aura I have to end it in b32f2 but with meter its 40% probably a little higher since the aura is adding damage as well.

In ninjitsu after hit confirming b12 into spear what's the best combo to follow up with?

MAN0

DevilApes
They should give helfire's blockstring pressure back, other characters with cancels still have blockstrings why not scorp? I don't get it.

Matix218

Get over here!
I've been learning to hit confirm b12 into aura in hellfire for damage combo since I can't end it in aura I have to end it in b32f2 but with meter its 40% probably a little higher since the aura is adding damage as well.

In ninjitsu after hit confirming b12 into spear what's the best combo to follow up with?
Per one of the replies above I believe the combo is

B12, spear, walk back, f2, b2, b2, jk, tele, 212?

They didn't fully notate it but I think that was the combo

Mitsuownes

Grandmaster of the Shirai-Ryu
They should give helfire's blockstring pressure back, other characters with cancels still have blockstrings why not scorp? I don't get it.
Because he is the most popular character of the game, end of story.

NY-Shadow

TestYourMight SUCKS
Can you point out some flaws in what was happening? maybe that could give the videos some good use.
That would be pointless and would only serve to try and validate something that was never valid to begin with. Its not my fault someone posted a video trying to prove a point that ultimately falls flat. That's what you call jumping the gun just to knee-jerk a response right away.

HuttonMD

ADM Riddles
To many ppl complain about scorpion mostly because they Dont know how to punish teleport so they make it so he only has armor on ex teleport on wake up :confused: but other characters can keep their armored launchers

And I Dont know why they changed his fbc pressure when plenty of other characters can do crazy plus frame pressure and you have a stamina bar so you couldn't just infinite someone. Idk what else they could have done with it tho

Sometimes I just wish they would explain things because why can some characters keep stuff others are not allowed to have maybe it's just a matter of it's not how they intended for character to play but an explanation would be nice sometimes

IROC

WP IROC
Scorpion had his nerf pretty early. People were still clueless as to how good the other characters actually were, until they learned the tech. I just want to choke all them scrubs until they are blue in the face.