What's new

Anime discussion thread

Gurimmjaw

Earthrealm
Didn't expect to see a thread like this here lol. Anyways...

Favorite animes:

Bleach
One Piece
Naruto Shippuden
Dragonball Z
Big O
Cowboy Bebop
Deathnote
Basilisk(really great anime and if you enjoy killing and gore with ninja clans you would like this anime)
Inuyasha
Tenjou Tenge
Claymore
Sekirei
Highschool of the Dead

Well I do watch more so I'll watch anything that interests me. I have watched some Marvel based anime X Men and Blade and must say it really badass. I like the Seinen Genre and Shounen the most in anime. Shoujo puts me to sleep.

lawlben10
Thank you for suggesting Gargantia.Greatly enjoying it!
Dat "Everything you know is a lie" moment.
Glad you like it. I need to catch up still, see how it's currently going.

Also, how'd you like Red Line? I downloaded because I'd heard a lot about it, but haven't gotten around to watching it yet.

CCVengeance

The one guy hoping for Kai
Glad you like it. I need to catch up still, see how it's currently going.

Also, how'd you like Red Line? I downloaded because I'd heard a lot about it, but haven't gotten around to watching it yet.
Red Line was like Cocaine giving you a BJ.10/10.

DYNA$TY

Edenia lives!
Didn't expect to see a thread like this here lol. Anyways...

Favorite animes:

Bleach
One Piece
Naruto Shippuden
Dragonball Z
Big O
Cowboy Bebop
Deathnote
Basilisk(really great anime and if you enjoy killing and gore with ninja clans you would like this anime)
Inuyasha
Tenjou Tenge
Claymore
Sekirei
Highschool of the Dead

Well I do watch more so I'll watch anything that interests me. I have watched some Marvel based anime X Men and Blade and must say it really badass. I like the Seinen Genre and Shounen the most in anime. Shoujo puts me to sleep.
^Fucking this. Haven't seen Highschool or Tenjou. Also like Blood-C, Blood+, Hell Girl, Rouroni Kenshin, Samurai Champloo, and Outlaw Star.

Gesture Required Ahead

Get on that hook
Yo. Anyone seen Psycho-Pass? I just finished it today. HIGHLY RECOMMENDED 10/10

The 2 biggest qualities to this anime are the character development (Best character development in fiction I've ever seen) and the story.

Not to mention that it's an original anime(not an adaptation of Manga/LN/VN).

Any fan of Sci-Fi , Police , Action , clever story writing or anime in general should see this.

Tiny tidbits I loved about it too: Amazing soundtrack and VAs from multiple big animes as well.

Solo

Shadow Priest
Attack on Titan(Shingeki no Kyojin) is the shit right now.

The most anticipated moment in Naruto history... and they're doing fucking fillers. I pray the next canon episode has FLAWLESS animation.

July 25!! It's going down!

Gesture Required Ahead

Get on that hook
Looking for something new to watch, any suggestions?

http://myanimelist.net/animelist/iKritikal

Based on your list, judging from Bake/Nise , Death Note and Blue Exorcist I would recommend:

Psycho-Pass (See my prev post)
Black Butler/Kuroshitsuji (Detective , Supernatural , Comedy)
Fate series (may want to start with Zero so you don't get spoiled by Stay Night) (Zero is more Action and Stay Night is more Harem)

I should also do a list like this and see if you guys would recommend me some stuff. Will edit or make a new post.

EDIT: Here's my list. Though I feel like it's incomplete and the Manga list is half of what my actual list would be since laziness. http://myanimelist.net/animelist/Zer0Hundr3d recommend me some shizz.

EDIT 2:DJ L Toro Oreimo S2 last ep was today :( to me S2 was so-so but since I've read the LNs I know that there are still 2 novels to cover. Maybe S3 or in a form of an OVA.

EDIT 3: I'll just leave this here...
For the record, I don't know where this is from but I found it from googling "desu"

Based on your list, judging from Bake/Nise , Death Note and Blue Exorcist I would recommend:

Psycho-Pass (See my prev post)
Black Butler/Kuroshitsuji (Detective , Supernatural , Comedy)
Fate series (may want to start with Zero so you don't get spoiled by Stay Night) (Zero is more Action and Stay Night is more Harem)

I should also do a list like this and see if you guys would recommend me some stuff. Will edit or make a new post.

EDIT: Here's my list. Though I feel like it's incomplete and the Manga list is half of what my actual list would be since laziness. http://myanimelist.net/animelist/Zer0Hundr3d recommend me some shizz.

EDIT 2:DJ L Toro Oreimo S2 last ep was today :( to me S2 was so-so but since I've read the LNs I know that there are still 2 novels to cover. Maybe S3 or in a form of an OVA.

EDIT 3: I'll just leave this here...*snip*
For the record, I don't know where this is from but I found it from googling "desu"
If you haven't seen Hellsing Ultimate it is definitely a must watch or if you feeling like shedding manly tears watch clannad

Havent been able to watch it yet T_T the one downside to not having internet is i can only watch anime when i migrate over to the library or something :/ I'll watch it today when i get out of class though

Disappointed that the Sailor Moon reboot went mute after the initial announcement -_-

I did, however, read that there is a line of figures coming out in August and the assumption is that the show will follow. Hope so, was so pumped for it.

finally got around to watching it.
:/ this ending was so shitty. a wasted episode imo. Looks like they will make s3, but still, ugh. at least make a better transition. they didnt even try to make a good end of season episode. I'm not content at all with this :(

ugh, that's 2 endings in a row and 2 uneventful episodes for other shows. If i dont get some good anime or manga in me soon i think i'm going to explode.

:/ i dont even like the sound of any of the descriptions of next season's stuff. maaaan.
at least the new bunny drop manga will be out in august.

Berserk, Akira, Fist of the North Star, Afro Samurai, Trigun and Ghost in the Shell.

Everything else, makes me feel like I need to have a Waifu and a body pillow...
check out NHK ni youkoso for something you rarely see in anime...realism/believability! (with the exception of one character everyone is just really convincing). they feel like real people and you might find it really relateable too. I was able to draw a lot of parallels to my life so it really hit home in a lot of ways. definitely recommend it! one of my favorite stories in general not just limited to anime ;)

Mmmmmm, Death Note. Best anime ever, everyone in the world who hasn't watched it should.

I'd recommend Samurai Champloo, personally.
death note is 2nd best anime ever ;) since it was published in shounen jump it unfortunately had a few cliche tropes that you see in other shows...but! it was so good that you barely noticed them ^^ I think #1 though has to go to berserk. amazing well written story and very believable characters. death note is super good though when I first saw I was legit convinced it was the greatest thing that had ever graced the earth haha

death note is 2nd best anime ever ;) since it was published in shounen jump it unfortunately had a few cliche tropes that you see in other shows...but! it was so good that you barely noticed them ^^ I think #1 though has to go to berserk. amazing well written story and very believable characters. death note is super good though when I first saw I was legit convinced it was the greatest thing that had ever graced the earth haha
I'd agree with you if the second half wasn't so shitty
edit: Second half of Death Note I haven't seen Berserk

I'd agree with you if the second half wasn't so shitty
y'know it had so much potential though. like they coulda went super dark with it. Imagine if Mello had like this unhealthy obsession with L and become consequently obsessed with revenge that he went to extreme lengths to make Light suffer. Maybe killing off his little sister or something and then that in turn really turns the morality question on it's head again making Light second guess himself maybe. The audience at least would certainly question it.

Near on the other hand was a character that was just fell flat but Mello certainly had potential I thought. I would never call it "shitty" but it was a little disappointing. The ending certainly gave me chills though despite my gripes.

i mean just listen to that song...
really beautiful ending. you take a character that you grew to really hate and then suddenly feel sympathy somehow. powerful stuff with a bit of it being left up to interpretation. One for the ages man.