What's new

Anime discussion thread

y'know it had so much potential though. like they coulda went super dark with it. Imagine if Mello had like this unhealthy obsession with L and become consequently obsessed with revenge that he went to extreme lengths to make Light suffer. Maybe killing off his little sister or something and then that in turn really turns the morality question on it's head again making Light second guess himself maybe. The audience at least would certainly question it.

Near on the other hand was a character that was just fell flat but Mello certainly had potential I thought. I would never call it "shitty" but it was a little disappointing. The ending certainly gave me chills though despite my gripes.

i mean just listen to that song...
really beautiful ending. you take a character that grew to really hate and then suddenly feel sympathy somehow. powerful stuff with a bit of it being left up to interpretation. One for the ages man.
To be honest your right I wouldn't call it shitty. Its just compared to the first half it really was disappointing. I didn't really mind the ending it was the build to the ending wasn't very good. The second half just didn't have the suspense and as good of a cat and mouse game as the first. They should have just ended the show at episode 25.

I think Death Note is a great anime to get people interested and to get the otaku ball rolling, but other than that it's eh. I realized this the 3rd time i watched it (so i dont dislike it by any means), but it's actually kinda lacking in depth.

Gesture Required Ahead

Get on that hook
finally got around to watching it.
:/ this ending was so shitty. a wasted episode imo. Looks like they will make s3, but still, ugh. at least make a better transition. they didnt even try to make a good end of season episode. I'm not content at all with this :(

ugh, that's 2 endings in a row and 2 uneventful episodes for other shows. If i dont get some good anime or manga in me soon i think i'm going to explode.

:/ i dont even like the sound of any of the descriptions of next season's stuff. maaaan.
at least the new bunny drop manga will be out in august.

Well, I got confirmation from someone and MyAnimeList that the 2 final novels will be in an OVA series like the first season. Anyways, it's kind of meh if you haven't read the novels because they're rushing a lot of the stuff.

To be honest your right I wouldn't call it shitty. Its just compared to the first half it really was disappointing. I didn't really mind the ending it was the build to the ending wasn't very good. The second half just didn't have the suspense and as good of a cat and mouse game as the first. They should have just ended the show at episode 25.
Well while I'd agree that first half was great. I can't imagine it'd be a satisfying ending to see nothing past episode 25. You'd be left wondering what the point of it all was? Stories need to end on a note that allows the author to sort of convey a message to the audience I think. If it ended at 25 it would have felt like something was missing.

If I may ask, what makes someone an Otaku and/or a wiiaboo(sp?)?
very ambiguous question. it's like asking "what makes someone part of the MKC?" there's no definite answer. some would say anyone that watches anime regularly, some would say you have to attend conventions and cosplay (and not bathe, eww). technically it's just japanese for "someone obsessively interested in something," so it really doesnt take anything specific.

Gesture Required Ahead

Get on that hook
LOL Must be my lucky month. Animes that I watch are getting new seasons this month: Rozen Maiden(2013) , Monogatari: The Second Season and Fate/Kaleid Prisma Ilya.

That last one though, not too sure about how it'll go.

Is anyone watching Love Lab? the description doesnt sound terrible, but if anyone's already seen the first episode then i'd like to hear y'all's thoughts.
EDIT: yooooo this show is hilarious, lol.

CCVengeance

The one guy hoping for Kai
Darker than Black Season 3.When?I cant read the manga or see the OVAs/season 2 till I know we will get a conclusion(Season 2 had a cliffhanger).

haketh

Noob
Was at Anime Expo, the tank was hella hype. Kind of pissed at Sentai Filmworks though, during their panel they asked someone to name four of the posters up at their booth, I named Space Pirates, Garden of Words, Girls Und Panzer, and Chuninyoubo, they said Chuni wasn't up there so I missed out on a signed copy of Garden of Words. I'm hella bugged buecause I rember one being up and when I walk by the booth there is one! And when I bring it up all I get is a ****ty notebook and wristband :(

Shoutouts to all the Asuna from SAO cosplayers who didn't know what I meant whenever I saw one and shouted out two years, shout outs to the ones who couldn't help bu laugh when they knew what it meant, and shout outs to the one that got hella mad.

Homeboy in the 9 Ft. Eva 01 costume with working lights was hella hype. Shoutouts to the Lilith cosplayer who looked like she came right out of Darkstalkers, should have got a picure but my Ipod was dead at the time, man she would ahve got the D. The reverse Gender Kirito and Asuna were hella good, even though I hate SAO, the Shingeki No Kyojin group photo was great. The best cosplays were the random ones though as always, the Craig, Deebo *With theme music*, and Smokey from Friday, James Brown, Little Richard, and Richard Nixon.

Best panel I went to was the Hentai: The Good, the Bad, and the WTF. Was pretty educational, hella funny, and it was fun reading out manga pages to the crows. Sucked that I didn't get into a couple panels, mainly the dub premiere of Garden of Words and the Skullgirls panel. Was cool while waiting in line I put all 450 people on blast for being able to go too a panel but enver show up for a tournament, got even better when Ahad was behind me and agreed with me. The cosplayer crew were cool with the Painwheel, Beowulf, Big Band, and Black Dhalia being standouts.

Thank god Anime Expo was actually about Anime unlike Fanime which was basically Internet Memes, Homestuck, and MLP the Con.

Gesture Required Ahead

Get on that hook
Started watching Future Diary. I'm 4 episodes in. A friend says that the series will half-way turn to shit. I find it hard to believe.

EDIT: I'm 21 episodes in. THIS ANIME IS REALLY REALLY GOOD. But about half-way it turns into a huge mindfuck but is still REALLY GOOD. I can't wait 'till I get to the Specials because apparently, more mindfucking.

EDIT: Yea I finished Future Diary. Even Redial. God damn... 9.5/10 REALLY GOOD

Gesture Required Ahead

Get on that hook
I'm going to apologize in advance for the double post but I want to spark up a short Mirai Nikki discussion if someone is nice enough to follow up. It will contain spoilers so for those who haven't seen it, steer clear.

What did you guys feel when they pulled an Injustice with the multi-world plot twist? I haven't read the Injustice prequel comic but apparently it was hated on when the game Story Mode revealed that it was an alt universe storyline. Also, Dat Alan Wake ending. But they all fix it in Redial and everybody gets a happy ever after ending...in the 3rd world lmao.[/SPOILERS]