What's new

Anime discussion thread

Hi, new to this thread.

I just want to say...

Attack on Titan is freaking Beast Mode.

hands down IMO the best Anime I've seen in my life.

Yeah I've heard some awesome stuff about that show and I'm looking to watch it soon. It looks interesting enough.

I wish I could describe it but it's so good no matter what I say won't do it justice.

You'll get chills, goosebumps, your stomache will churn from creepiness, you'll REALLY feel for the characters, and you'll experience more hype at certain moments than you ever have in you life.

I can almost guarantee that.

Sutter Pain

Your mothers main.
I don't know if many people have watched Monster before but its kinda old now and don't think it ever saw a US release besides the Manga. I heard Guillermo Del toro is gonna be adapting it for a HBO which would be bad fucking ass. Monster is up there with Legend of the galactic heroes for me so I am super excited.

TectonicSuperPlates

Learn to draw the Rob Liefeld way
Been watching Oreimo and Attack on Titan. Enjoying the hell out of them both for very different reasons. Attack on Titan should applea to a lot of people, Oreimo is a more meta anime.
Oreimo made me want to stab my eyes out with just how overly bitchy the sister was, and how pathetic the main character was.

PANDEMlC

El Psy Congroo
Oreimo made me want to stab my eyes out with just how overly bitchy the sister was, and how pathetic the main character was.
That's kinda the whole point, it's a meta tsundere anime. Which means cold and cute I believe. It gets better but yeah they're annoying at first how badly they fit into their archetypes. It's not really an anime meant for casual anime fans.

TectonicSuperPlates

Learn to draw the Rob Liefeld way
That's kinda the whole point, it's a meta tsundere anime. Which means cold and cute I believe. It gets better but yeah they're annoying at first how badly they fit into their archetypes. It's not really an anime meant for casual anime fans.

Lol yeah no wonder I hated it. I hate tsundere anime.

Gruntypants

THE MUFFINS ARE BEEFY
Easily a top 3 fav for me. Sorry I'm replying to everyone who even mentions it but I've been wanting to discuss it, but none of my friends have seen it :( Let me know when you finish it
I finished Melancholy yesterday. The anime was meh, not a lot of substance or plot and there was just a little too much moeshit for me. The ending was a bit unfulfilling and disappointing while leaving some plot holes but I guess it's almost expected from an anime of this genre. I didn't hate it but it wasn't that good either. (and no I'm not salty about the endless eight, I only watched the first 2 and the last one :p).
The movie though, I thought it was excellent and it was really enjoyable.

ShadowBeatz

Dropper of Bass and Bombs
I finished Melancholy yesterday. The anime was meh, not a lot of substance or plot and there was just a little too much moeshit for me. The ending was a bit unfulfilling and disappointing while leaving some plot holes but I guess it's almost expected from an anime of this genre. I didn't hate it but it wasn't that good either. (and no I'm not salty about the endless eight, I only watched the first 2 and the last one :p).
The movie though, I thought it was excellent and it was really enjoyable.
Really. The moe stuff didn't really bother me because Haruhi would acknowledge it for what it was, and so it was making fun of it in a way. I thought it was well done. And the ending wasn't supposed to be the "ending" I don't think. It's just the anime was dropped because it wasn't doing as well as they thought it should have (I think I read that somewhere). But yeah, I do agree the ending definitely left me wanting more. I liked it because 1) the animation was really good and that scores big points with me and 2) it dealt with a really abstract concept that I could really wrap my head around. That and the characters were likable too. But to each their own of course :)

And yeah, the movie was unbelieveable :D

Gesture Required Ahead

Get on that hook
Desperate for more Tsukihime content, I came across the Melty Blood manga series as well as TAKE-MOON , All Around Type-Moon and finally, Carnival Phantasm.

From Carnival Phantasm I discovered the Fate/ series and HO LEE SHIEEEEEET it's fuckin' goooood.

I finished Fate/ Stay Night as well as Fate/SN: Unlimited Blade Works and Fate/Prototype and all I have to say so far is WOW. I'm currently on Episode 5 of Fate/ Zero and still loving it. Man, Type-Moon is making me fall in love with them.They make good stuff.

I also finished Bakemonogatari , Nisemonogatari and Nekomonogatari like a week ago. It's ok but I feel like a prequel of Araragi's vampire days is a must. And apparently the movie Kizumonogatari has been in the works for years and keeps getting delayed. That sucks. But apparently "Monogatari: The 2nd Season" is coming out around June and the movie is to be released in the middle of the Season or after it. I hope it'll be good.

Gesture Required Ahead

Get on that hook
I started re-watching Death Note for nostalgia reasons and a friend recommended me "Psycho Pass" I saw the 1st episode and as usual with modern action animes, they just throw you in the middle of the story without any idea what the actual fuck is going on.

And I actually picked up "Melty Blood Actress Again Current Code" fighting game. It's my first anime fighter so I'm still struggling with fundamentals and such not to mention it's also my first fighter that uses links instead of Dial-In for combos so I'm starting to get used to it as well. Liking it so far...

Recently started watching Hellsing Ultimate and wow, it's pretty good. I love the fact episodes are about an hour long each. There's only ten episodes but Damn it's good. Besides that, Attack on Titan. Its pretty amazing.

I will spit on your tomb!

PPJ

()
Premium Supporter
NetherRealm Studios
i heard shingeki no kyojin or "attack on titan" is good from the current season

Been watching Oreimo and Attack on Titan. Enjoying the hell out of them both for very different reasons. Attack on Titan should applea to a lot of people, Oreimo is a more meta anime.
Honestly, I quite liked Oreimo, but I wasn't expecting it to be anything more than what was presented to me, and I ended up finding the show to be quite hilarious. The ending between S1 and the pilot of S2 threw me off quite a bit, though, because of how vastly different they were, but realized there was an alt ending they used on release, not the televised version.

I still need to catch up on AoT, think I left off around ep 4 or 5. I like it so far.

There have been some pretty decent shows this season all around for the most part, only a few shows that I have outright hated.

Squizz

Corps Speedster
Honestly, I quite liked Oreimo, but I wasn't expecting it to be anything more than what was presented to me, and I ended up finding the show to be quite hilarious. The ending between S1 and the pilot of S2 threw me off quite a bit, though, because of how vastly different they were, but realized there was an alt ending they used on release, not the televised version.

I still need to catch up on AoT, think I left off around ep 4 or 5. I like it so far.

There have been some pretty decent shows this season all around for the most part, only a few shows that I have outright hated.
I agree with your opinions good sir, we should be friends.

Gesture Required Ahead

Get on that hook
Upon further research it's called Valvrave the Liberator.Still no idea if it's good.I like Mecha series but after Star Driver Imma look before I leap.
And why is JJBA on hiatus?

I'm unfamiliar with all of the series you just mentioned so IDK.

And also, more TYPE-MOON stuff! Kara no Kyoukai(Garden of Sinners), the Tsukihime prototype, actually has a movie and it's bad ass!

And check out Shiki Ryougi's theme:

And yet another season without anything to see.sigh.
You could try Suisei no Gargantia [myanimelist]. It pertains to mechs, thought it was quite good. I left off on ep4, so I can't tell you what it's currently like, but I did like what I had seen. I'm pretty behind on all the current seasons shows, though, since I was catching up on some back logged anime, and Initial D Stage 5 just finished, with no hint at whether it would come back to finish or not, since it is currently caught up to the manga.

If you have any particular interests, I could probably try to recommend you something.

CCVengeance

The one guy hoping for Kai
You could try Suisei no Gargantia [myanimelist]. It pertains to mechs, thought it was quite good. I left off on ep4, so I can't tell you what it's currently like, but I did like what I had seen. I'm pretty behind on all the current seasons shows, though, since I was catching up on some back logged anime, and Initial D Stage 5 just finished, with no hint at whether it would come back to finish or not, since it is currently caught up to the manga.

If you have any particular interests, I could probably try to recommend you something.
I usually like anything were the main character isnt a harem mary sue pussy like the guy from Index.I also like Mecha series very much.