What's new

Anime discussion thread

I was able to watch the first two episodes and they were subbed. I didn't know that it was only going to be a four episode series though =(. There's so much more they could have done with it! Will we ever get the Pokemon show we deserve?
Ah, yeah people usually sub up real quick. I saw it like right after it came out in japan. I thought it was alright, but naruto sorta ruins how i perceive Red. He was always supposed to be a badass, but now he's fucking naruto.

http://static.zerochan.net/Red.(Pokémon).full.75294.jpg

Iron Angel

“I WILL PROTECT THE INNOCENT.”
Ah, yeah people usually sub up real quick. I saw it like right after it came out in japan. I thought it was alright, but naruto sorta ruins how i perceive Red. He was always supposed to be a badass, but now he's fucking naruto.

http://static.zerochan.net/Red.(Pokémon).full.75294.jpg
Meh, didn't bother me, course I never watched Naruto and I typically watch my anime in English anyways lol...but, you got to admit, he was a much better character than Ash Ketchup lol

Yea all these new animes are impressing me. I picked up Kyoukai no Kanata, Coppelion, Golden Time, Kill la Kill, Log Horizon, Pupa and Kyousou Giga. I'm still welcome for more.
Just watched Coppelion. The art is really stunning, and just when i thought it would be pretty straitforward, a touch of action and some psychological horror gets dosed in. That's a really good way to start a series. I'm hooked for at least 5 episodes :D

Gesture Required Ahead

Get on that hook
Just watched Coppelion. The art is really stunning, and just when i thought it would be pretty straitforward, a touch of action and some psychological horror gets dosed in. That's a really good way to start a series. I'm hooked for at least 5 episodes :D

I actually disliked the art style but if the story and the rest are good enough to compensate I'll keep watching it. It was the case with Bakemonogatari for me so I'm giving this the same chance.

I actually disliked the art style but if the story and the rest are good enough to compensate I'll keep watching it. It was the case with Bakemonogatari for me so I'm giving this the same chance.
Fair enough. What sealed it for me was the touch of psychological horror. that terrifying moment when you realize they're not just engineered superhumans, and then it shows the blood :O

Is Bakemonogatari by the same people that did Katanagatari? one of the tons of dialogue manga/anime?

-Deadman-

Getting better with age
Finished the Fairy Tail that netflix had, so Im jumping headfirst into Titan... and all Ive got right now is holy damn...

Gesture Required Ahead

Get on that hook
Fair enough. What sealed it for me was the touch of psychological horror. that terrifying moment when you realize they're not just engineered superhumans, and then it shows the blood :O

Is Bakemonogatari by the same people that did Katanagatari? one of the tons of dialogue manga/anime?

Katanagatari is not part of the Monogatari series. Though it is very misleading.

Monogatari series would be: Bakemonogatari, Nisemonogatari, Nekomonogatari: Kuro, Monogatari Series Second Season, and the unreleased Kizumonogatari movie.

3 more new animes dropped again: Nagi no Asukara (Atlanteans lol), Strike the Blood(Vamps, Demons, etc), Yusibu(Typical Light Novel ecchi stuff but mixing the fantasy and realism genre)

EDIT: And another one! Outbreak Company, another Fantasy themed one. But it's funny as hell!

EDIT 2: LOG HORIZON DROPPED YES!

Katanagatari is not part of the Monogatari series. Though it is very misleading.

Monogatari series would be: Bakemonogatari, Nisemonogatari, Nekomonogatari: Kuro, Monogatari Series Second Season, and the unreleased Kizumonogatari movie.

3 more new animes dropped again: Nagi no Asukara (Atlanteans lol), Strike the Blood(Vamps, Demons, etc), Yusibu(Typical Light Novel ecchi stuff but mixing the fantasy and realism genre)

EDIT: And another one! Outbreak Company, another Fantasy themed one. But it's funny as hell!

EDIT 2: LOG HORIZON DROPPED YES!
i was just asking if it's the same type of pacing and style of tons of dialogue with a little actual plot movement every once in a while. i looked it up and it's made by the same person.

Fred Marvel

It's actually Freddy Marvel
So since we're in here talking about anime. Anyone know when the Pokemon Origin movie/series (not sure which) comes to the US?
the entire 4 part series is out subbed but episode 3 sub isnt localized so the names of pokemon/cities etc are all foreign so im still waiting fora better sub :(

So I just finished watching Blazblue Alter Memory. Dat Rebellion. Dat Awakening The Chaos. Dat Lust Sin. Dat Hazama. DAT NU-13.

in other words, i think this is the best thing ever, 10/10 watching again.

Gesture Required Ahead

Get on that hook
Ah! Danganronpa is one of the best works of detective fiction. Soundtrack is amazing too. I love how you just don't see shit coming. Considering playing the game now.

Finished Beelzebub yesterday. Warning to anyone considering watching it: skip the episodes starting from the new years journey to the west special and pick back up with episode 58. they're all just boring filler.

The show itself starts off amazingly and even later on has great points, but gets progressively worse as it goes on. just a heads up.

Mikemetroid

Who hired this guy, WTF?
I don't really watch anime. I like some series though
Hajime No Ippo
Dragonballand mother fuckin'
HOKUTO NO KEN

haketh

Noob
Goddamn the BB anime is so fucking bad. Dat low budget ass animation. Whiffed Hell's Fang into 6A was hype though.