What's new

Angry Joe Review

iMileena

"I will cut a hole in you"
Yeah the only thing i agree with is the lack of story mode & logic like i said in another thread, I really don't agree with how they introduce characters & then just don't introduce how they are even in the game (ferra/torr) (erron black)(D'vorah) there just there looking pretty , & logic wise how can kotal , shinnok & omfg mileena can be easily beaten its kinda off to me I understand. Hopefully in MK11 Shao Khan & Shang Tsung rise and fuck some shit up and maybr the story can be a little but better

iMileena

"I will cut a hole in you"
Kinda funny how joe acts all fanboy infront of ed boon.. But says some things are shitty afterwards, I understand you can express your opinion, but tell ed to his face that he is dumb for micro transactions. Maybe next time when he interviews ed he might says it . :DOGE

Pho Cubic

Sérieusement Sabrewulf peut aller en enfer.
Very fair review. Personally i'd give the game 8.5 or 9 out of 10 but he has very valid complaints.

Maybe I'm spoiled because of KI, but even ignoring the less relevant complaints like short story mode & microtransactions, I still have a problem with...

- the terrible netcode
- the underwhelming music
- the lack of character customization
- knowing that NRS likely won't continually improve the game as Iron Galaxy has
- the lack of communication with the community regarding patches & how the game is being changed
- the lesser variety of character archtypes compared to KI

MKX is still an amazing game & they got so many aspects of the game right (variations, combo system, meter usage, character intros, etc.), but I feel KI does these things a bit better. Plz don't kill me =x I still love both games for different reasons.

Here's what I want.

Everything made during development is on a budget based on predicted sales. That is, if you buy the game, you are paying money that retroactively funded the creation of the game that was made.

So if something made using the budget of those predicted sales, is instead held as DLC or a pre-order bonus, this means people are paying $60 dollars for a game, and not getting everything that $60 dollars helped fund.

DLC is alright so long as the making of it was not funded by people who made purchases of just the vanilla game. Basically, DLC creation needs to be funded by predicted returns on the creation of that DLC. It feels weird explaining this, because it's literally how business works in general when the consumer isn't being abused.

If anyone is still confused why there's such huge backlash against DLC that is specifically "on-disc DLC", this is the reason. You are paying for it whether you got it or not.

Movies are made with budgets from projected sales, and any person who was one of those sales gets all the content their money funded. that's how things work.

I actually can't bring myself to even try out Goro. The concept of the character's creation leaves such a bad taste in my mouth.

exyle

Noob
3 complaints from the first 3 minutes.

1. Complaining about the easy fatality purchase option because it's "annoying".
This argument could not be more stupid. There is no reason to be annoyed by this. It is not something you have to buy at all, it is just something there for the casuals who cannot do fatalities if they want them. There really is nothing wrong with this at all, and I can't believe the amount of people agreeing with this point.

2. The krypt unlock purchase
Again, don't want it? Don't buy it. It's not like there's anything you don't get by doing it yourself, it just takes longer. Get over it.

3. Goro is on the disk
"Ermagerrrrd Goro's on the disk? But I bought this disk, I should have him!" NO! It was made very clear from the beginning, he was an incentive for people to pre order. People who have faith in NRS should be rewarded and they were. People who didn't show their faith with a pre order should not get the exact same product as people who did. If you can't get your head around that concept, you probably have too much of a sense of entitlement.

Don't think I can be bothered to watch the rest.

Agree with all 3 points.

Although Joe is right about Quan Chi being beat up too much. Primary villains of MK should not get bitch slapped around by everyone and their mom.