What's new

Angry Joe Review

Rajhkeem Beck

Mr. Still Getting it Together
Yeah this review was pretty accurate. Pretty much everything I felt about it as well. However, you can still tell he enjoyed the game a lot from a fan perspective and just wanted Netherrealm to improve. A lot of people just crapped over the game for the microtransactins stuff but Joe at least did a fair comparson of the good and the bad together.

Killusion

Stream addict
Personally I don't understand people complaining about easy fatalities. Fatalities are ridiculously easy, and the game even has fatality training for crying out loud. In this case I would say people who buy easy fatalities are the stupid ones, not NRS for selling them.

Unlock everything in krypt is purely optional (but really tempting, I mean over 9000 koins for a single brutality?) so I can't really complain about that. What I would complain about is how annoying it is to get some costumes, to hell with Hot Shot Johnny and that mobile stuff.

Other than those, I liked this review. Joe is pretty fair, he doesn't complain about really small things that much anymore which I like.

D

Deleted member 9158

Furious Fernando is one of the few reviewers that says what they really feel about the game they review.

Rajhkeem Beck

Personally I don't understand people complaining about easy fatalities. Fatalities are ridiculously easy, and the game even has fatality training for crying out loud. In this case I would say people who buy easy fatalities are the stupid ones, not NRS for selling them.

Unlock everything in krypt is purely optional (but really tempting, I mean over 9000 koins for a single brutality?) so I can't really complain about that. What I would complain about is how annoying it is to get some costumes, to hell with Hot Shot Johnny and that mobile stuff.

Other than those, I liked this review. Joe is pretty fair, he doesn't complain about really small things that much anymore which I like.
Yeah its pretty fair. With Joe usually its not the microtransactions themselves. He hates the slow creeping presence of these transactions in fighting games which will only grow if these tactics are successful.The amount of content and low amount of microtransactions in MK9 is also still fresh in a lot of peoples minds as well. People praised Netherrealm for their DLC practices and probably were disappointed to see them take this path with needless DLC.

Raider

Noob
Personally I don't understand people complaining about easy fatalities. Fatalities are ridiculously easy
Exactly why so many ppl think SELLING Easy Fatailities is one of the worst ideas in gaming industry EVER. MK was is and should be about discovering, playing to unlock, searching... stuff! That's how i grew up (thanks god) and not paying money for one button Fatality!
I honestly can't believe Ed Boon and ppl from NRS agreed to do make this possible, it only did harm to them and their reputation, same for the Krypt Unlock for 20$/e and other stuff.

IMO Joe nailed it this time with MKX review.

Alucard

The worst good player ever.
The only part when I facepalmed super hard is when he got upset about the story characters. They obviously aren't finished yet. They have mk9 movesets but don't have any variations. Probably no fatalities or even xrays. Tanya was using Kitana's stance and only had like 2 or 3 special moves.

Tim Static

Adminerator
I hate how the micro-transactions totally ruined the game play. The "speak with your wallet thing" strikes again. Don't like it, don't buy it. (Ninja edit: Hate to break it to people, but MK sells crazy to causal gamers, most of which these easy fatalities etc are aimed at. Games are made to make money. If that bothers you, find a new hobby. The climate of gaming changed a long time ago.)

Also, anyone who "makes a living" as a critic gets no respect from me whatsoever. Everyone has opinions, why some people's are more important says more about the people who really care what their opinions are, than the sad person behind the opinions.

Wetdoba

All too easy...
Everything he said about story is legit, its a huge cluster fuck of ideas where the majority of them are irrelevant in the end and it has terrible terrible story telling and writing. The comics tell a much more interesting story and have their priorities right. The kids are the only new characters given any justice besides maybe Dvorah and some of the unplayable revenants are more important than the playable ones.

Rajhkeem Beck

I hate how the micro-transactions totally ruined the game play. The "speak with your wallet thing" strikes again. Don't like it, don't buy it. (Ninja edit: Hate to break it to people, but MK sells crazy to causal gamers, most of which these easy fatalities etc are aimed at. Games are made to make money. If that bothers you, find a new hobby. The climate of gaming changed a long time ago.)

Also, anyone who "makes a living" as a critic gets no respect from me whatsoever. Everyone has opinions, why some people's are more important says more about the people who really care what their opinions are, than the sad person behind the opinions.
Well with gaming critics there is a little more to it though. The hours of editing, trying to make the show entertaining, interviews, articles, footage of events, one on one time directly with devs, community events, website giveaways etc. I'd agree with you if he just did these types of videos but this dude has put in a lot of work over a few years. Plus he's funny sometimes and is good to laugh at.

Killusion

Stream addict
People who buy easy fatalities are probably the same people who buy level ups and game money for single player RPG's. I mean, do people REALLY pay for stuff like this? I can't believe it lol.

John Grizzly

The axe that clears the forest

All my friends are casual players. They fucking love MKX but do NOT like to sit there grinding for Koins or trying to do what seems like an "impossible" fatality to them. They want easy mode shit, and MKX offers that in some aspects. I don't understand why people don't get that.

People need to understand that we (hardcore MK players who actually play to improve and learn) make up maybe 5% of the fanbase, and that's being generous. Just look at your standard masher you get hatemail from online - that's your normal MK customer. That is who NRS is trying to appeal to. The game plays and looks amazing, that's what is most important. The only complaint anyone should have about MKX is the piece of shit netcode.

Alucard

The worst good player ever.
The only problem people should be complaining about for easy fatalities are the fact you don't get an unlimited number of them for paying money.

The Krypt thing is bullshit tho. They done fucked it up there.

I thought the easy fatality intro was pretty funny. I understand his complaints, it really was kind of a spot on review. The only thing he's wrong about is the NPC's getting screentime. That's one of the best parts of the story imo.

Slymind

Noob
Wait, i just started watching this and i'm already seeing him complaining about the supposedly patch to reduce the koin earning, wasn't that debunked already?

Tim Static

Adminerator
All my friends are casual players. They fucking love MKX but do NOT like to sit there grinding for Koins or trying to do what seems like an "impossible" fatality to them. They want easy mode shit, and MKX offers that in some aspects. I don't understand why people don't get that.

People need to understand that we (hardcore MK players who actually play to improve and learn) make up maybe 5% of the fanbase, and that's being generous. Just look at your standard masher you get hatemail from online - that's your normal MK customer. That is who NRS is trying to appeal to. The game plays and looks amazing, that's what is most important. The only complaint anyone should have about MKX is the piece of shit netcode.
Yup, exactly.

That's why we the competitive community are the absolute minority. We worked, fought, clawed, scratched to be heard for a long while and even now, we're just a small part of the fanbase.

John Grizzly

The axe that clears the forest
Yup, exactly.

That's why we the competitive community are the absolute minority. We worked, fought, clawed, scratched to be heard for a long while and even now, we're just a small part of the fanbase.
And to be fair (aside from the netcode), NRS has listened to us and catered to us in many ways. Shit, if the ONLY people they cared about were casuals, we would have entire combos being executed with one button and more fatalities per character than special moves.

MKX requires high execution in most cases. That shit is in there for us. When I do a 40% or so meterless midscreen combo on a buddy of mine they always tell me "that shit is cheap" and "no I don't care to learn it because it's gay and I'll never be able to do it". If there was an easy way to do those combos, you can be damned sure that's what they'd be doing.

I am thankful they haven't completely gone off the rails as far as catering to the masses goes. If they stick to just offering quick unlocks and easy fatalities as micro-transactions, I see zero issue with that. As it stands now (again, aside from the horrific online) casuals and serious players are both enjoying the game immensely.

Rajhkeem Beck

And to be fair (aside from the netcode), NRS has listened to us and catered to us in many ways. Shit, if the ONLY people they cared about were casuals, we would have entire combos being executed with one button and more fatalities per character than special moves.

MKX requires high execution in most cases. That shit is in there for us. When I do a 40% or so meterless midscreen combo on a buddy of mine they always tell me "that shit is cheap" and "no I don't care to learn it because it's gay and I'll never be able to do it". If there was an easy way to do those combos, you can be damned sure that's what they'd be doing.

I am thankful they haven't completely gone off the rails as far as catering to the masses goes. If they stick to just offering quick unlocks and easy fatalities as micro-transactions, I see zero issue with that. As it stands now (again, aside from the horrific online) casuals and serious players are both enjoying the game immensely.
I can agree with that. I think the issue is more with what the future for microtransactions can be. Its small now but hopefully it won't get too ridiculous. Also the netcode has been so hit and miss for me, one day I have 13 lagless matches online in a row, another I can't even press a button cus the lag is so bad. Its so weird.