What's new

General/Other - Ancestral Ancestral Variation Discussion Thread

skater11

The saltiest
I'm a noob so this is my attempt.

Ending a restand in the corner with 11xxload should leave you at +1, making d1 6 frames startup. You could possibly use d1xxlow stun to try to catch counter pokers? If I sound like a complete jackass I apologize.
Yeah that works. It can catch people trying to jump or counter poke, like you mentioned. d1xxlowstun is too risky but yeah it's another option.

RM NoBrows

Supah hawt fiyah
I haven't been playing much ancestral KJ due to putting all my game time lately into transitioning from summoner to sorcerer quan and picking up HQT predator. Midscreen he can get as much damage meterless as his ototterher ones. I get about 30-34% midscreen and 37-40% in the corner. He can take a bar of meter from you in a corner combo or by hitting you with mb arrow with vampire arrow loaded.

I'm meaning to start planning with ancestral again and will list any new findings in here.

Youphemism

Gunslinger since pre patch (sh/out to The Farmer)
Idea taken from @GGA pimpimjim.
Combos range from 33-36% midscreen:
Starter, stun arrow, load fire arrow, ji2xxOHarrow, run34, iaDK, 221xxloadarrow.
Replace 221 with a 34xxlow arrow if you want dmg.
@Bomborge
Does run 34 connect after j2~OH arrow? I'm assuming you have to be really low for it to work?
I'm a noob so this is my attempt.

Ending a restand in the corner with 11xxload should leave you at +1, making d1 6 frames startup. You could possibly use d1xxlow stun to try to catch counter pokers? If I sound like a complete jackass I apologize.
Should it? How so?

Bomborge

Aspiring scrub
So for loading the arrow I've found that 111 at max distance works against a good portion of the cast. Haven't been able to test it out on everyone though.

Bomborge

Aspiring scrub
Eh? 111~reload works on everyone, it's not broken or whiffing...what do you mean?
You can safely load an arrow with 111xxload arrow on block but only when the last hit of 111 is at max range. It can't be punished by anything besides reptiles ex slide.

Youphemism

You can safely load an arrow with 111xxload arrow on block but only when the last hit of 111 is at max range. It can't be punished by anything besides reptiles ex slide.
Oh ok 111~load on block, you didn't say that lol.

7L

Heads up!
Any tips for the ji2, oh fire arrow into 34.

Been trying for hours and maybe got it once. Should I be doing the j2 high up and close to the opponent or leave a little space

Youphemism

Any tips for the ji2, oh fire arrow into 34.

Been trying for hours and maybe got it once. Should I be doing the j2 high up and close to the opponent or leave a little space
Nah I think later is better. I find it hard to land too.

7L

Heads up!
Nah I think later is better. I find it hard to land too.
Ive just been doing starter into stun, load fire arrow. ji2, OHfire arrow, instant divekick run 34 low arrow.

I just needed a secondary and his buttons and spacing are awesome so I've taken a liking to him

skater11

The saltiest
All of his EX air projectiles(arrows) are plus on block if done low enough.
Edit: and his regular air arrows on HIT are even more plus if done low enough.

Last edited: