What's new

Question - Grandmaster An unusual buff to GM SZ

shura30

Shura
you forgot this...:DOGE
:REO
GM players are just spoiled
to me, the clone should just work as an anti retaliation - quick pressure device, basically a better, safer unbreakable

so it would last 30 or 60 frames tops
and should go away as soon as sub touches the opponent's block too

if sub needs buffs, beside some hitbox known issues, it's not in the clone area that is a dumb tool by design

RVB

twitch.tv/rvblacktail
GM players are just spoiled
to me, the clone should just work as an anti retaliation - quick pressure device, basically a better, safer unbreakable

so it would last 30 or 60 frames tops
and should go away as soon as sub touches the opponent's block too

if sub needs buffs, beside some hitbox known issues, it's not in the clone area that is a dumb tool by design
Spoiled how? GM SZ prolly received the least amount of changes in the entire cast and most of those weren't buffs but glitch fixes.
Ok so the klone goes away when I hit my opponent, that nullifies my corner game and some mid setups and you end up with average damage in both areas.

thlityoursloat

kick kick
Unbreakable: I just want less 3-7 matchups so I can play the game.
Grandmaster: I have so many 7-3 matchups but I want more bec I'm an entitled fuccboi.

RVB

twitch.tv/rvblacktail
No. Sub doesn't need anything but a 7f D1 faster D2 and the female hitbox issue fixed.

EDIT: Oh and the bugs like the ice clone skin and EX ice clone to coming out on hit.
female hitboxes are not gonna suffer any changes, if there was anything to be done about that it would have happened 2 patches ago.
That first glitch we'll prolly see a fix for, EX Klone is gonna stay broken cuz hitboxes are too screwed up in this game, as for the faster d1 and d2 I've got my doubts about those as well.

shura30

Shura
Ok so the klone goes away when I hit my opponent, that nullifies my corner game and some mid setups and you end up with average damage in both areas.
I said on block, on purpose, to not change the shatter combos/setups
but having something that requires the GM user to simply not care about defense while nullifying ANY retaliation is plain dumb
not that 'dumb' is a word that doesn't fit well in mkx but either you ignore the clone or can't do nothing about it

hkriderz

Lin Kuei Scum, yellow robot enthusiast
Too bad what people call the "only matches" are basically 10+ characters.

Sub is the epitome of all the bugs in MKX combined. I don't think GM should get "buffed" either. He needs to be fixed. Get that through your heads, salty TYM haters.

RVB

twitch.tv/rvblacktail
I said on block, on purpose, to not change the shatter combos/setups
but having something that requires the GM user to simply not care about defense while nullifying ANY retaliation is plain dumb
not that 'dumb' is a word that doesn't fit well in mkx but either you ignore the clone or can't do nothing about it
I see your point now, but you know what I really think is the problem here, MKX was built with explosive combat in mind, always on the move, always attacking and no one ever bothers just being patient in this game which is what you need to get through the klone. MK9 was the best teacher when it came to learning patience when playing constant loosing matchups.

RVB

twitch.tv/rvblacktail
I think GM players of all, should have realised long ago that the only matches they lose are hard counterpicks.
I got a challenge for ya... play GM SZ mirror matches with a friend or even with the cpu on very hard and see who wins and most importantly why.
Let me know what you find out, I'm being very serious here!

RVB

twitch.tv/rvblacktail
7-3 since Jax hardly gets to punish unsafe clone cancels and can't really do much when the clone is out.
The problem isn't that Jax can't punish unsafe klone cancels or that Jax can't do much when the klone is out... it's that YOU can't punish unsafe klones and that YOU can't do much when the klone is out.

Ask @karaokelove or @AcMilan91 or any other player that has been a Jax loyalist and they will tell you that the matchup is 6-4 in favor of SuB Zero and like with any other 6-4 losing matchup you need to play a more patient and tight game with emphasis on defense and trip guarding to compensate.
SZ isn't the one putting you in the klone YOU are putting yourself in the klone by either jumping too much, being overly aggressive and not spacing yourself properly.

I'm gonna go on a little rant here for you and the rest of the "OMG the matchup is too hard" possy...

It goes like this... the final patch for MK9 is out and I decide to finally buy MK9 on 360 to see if the game was worth all that high praise that people were giving it.

I spent the next 3 YEARS playing a SEA of Kabal, Cyrax, Smoke, Kenshi and Kitana with ONLY Sub Zero as my main,there was no " OMG the matchup is too hard' going on in my head ONLY "how do I play to turn the tables in this match".
All this whining about matchups and no one EVER considers the fact that the player is STILL the deciding factor in the match NO MATTER WHAT THE ODDS ARE.

If there's a bad matchup you try and dissect it and see where the problem is and what viable solutions are there and THAT IS WHAT I'M CALLING FOR, OPEN UNBIASED DISCUSSION and what I'm getting in return is snarky posts from frustrated people.
Not to say that all the post here are like that, but some are and they have no purpose other than clutter the thread with nonsense.

Well keep on hating the klone guys... you're doing God's work:DOGE

Last edited:

RoboCop

The future of law enforcement.
Administrator
Premium Supporter
...I do hate that fucking klone... but it's not as bad as a lot of people make it out to be. Really, I hate that fucking b2 infinitely more than the klone. I've got options against the klone, but that b2 takes my options, lights them on fire (ironically enough...), and flushes them down the toilet. At least online, that shit cannot be fuzzied.

Reactions: RVB
oh no yeah mileena doesn't care. I've played that mu countless times, ex roll is not her only option. I was jus throwing out an armored move that would be affected.

Since NRS haven't done anything and won't do anything to actually fix grandmaster sub zero, I guess more distance might not be so bad if that was given. Since everything else he needs (YES HE DOES NEED THINGS TYM) he won't be given.
Good. I'm glad she can get through that stupid Fucking clone.

RVB

twitch.tv/rvblacktail
...I do hate that fucking klone... but it's not as bad as a lot of people make it out to be. Really, I hate that fucking b2 infinitely more than the klone. I've got options against the klone, but that b2 takes my options, lights them on fire (ironically enough...), and flushes them down the toilet. At least online, that shit cannot be fuzzied.
What do you think is the best Jax variation vs GM, my money is on heavy weapons.
One nice thing Paulo could do for Jax is lessen the recovery of the machine gun bursts so you can use it for zoning and getting rid of the Klone in a pinch without worrying for a guaranteed trade with the ice ball.
From what I remember the recovery on that move is kinda slow, correct me if that changed @karaokelove

RoboCop

The future of law enforcement.
Administrator
Premium Supporter
What do you think is the best Jax variation vs GM, my money is on heavy weapons.
One nice thing Paulo could do for Jax is lessen the recovery of the machine gun bursts so you can use it for zoning and getting rid of the Klone in a pinch without worrying for a guaranteed trade with the ice ball.
From what I remember the recovery on that move is kinda slow, correct me if that changed @karaokelove
I don't ever use HW, so I couldn't say. I think the risk/reward of Machine Gun is out of whack, since SZ has all day to punish with a slide or MB.Ice Ball. Best case scenario, Jax deals ~8% damage and resets the neutral, but is still in the corner. Worst case scenario, he gets full-combo punished into more klone setups.

I think Pumped Up still does well against GM. If you can master IA Ground Pounds, then it's as much a guessing game for the SZ player as it is for Jax. And a well-timed MB.Gotcha can punish klone setups for ~20%. @The Slaj Jazz

RVB

twitch.tv/rvblacktail
I don't ever use HW, so I couldn't say. I think the risk/reward of Machine Gun is out of whack, since SZ has all day to punish with a slide or MB.Ice Ball. Best case scenario, Jax deals ~8% damage and resets the neutral, but is still in the corner. Worst case scenario, he gets full-combo punished into more klone setups.

I think Pumped Up still does well against GM. If you can master IA Ground Pounds, then it's as much a guessing game for the SZ player as it is for Jax. And a well-timed MB.Gotcha can punish klone setups for ~20%. @The Slaj Jazz
totally forgot about pumped up, just shows how much time has passed since we buried MKX on PC... RIP
BTW that guide you wrote on streaming is baws dude... lots of good stuff for anyone that's looking to stream as a hobby and beyond

Last edited:

The Slaj Jazz

TIckle my sweet salty nips
I'm not a sub zero main or anything well maybe I am now on PC lol but it does seem the struggle is real sometimes vs Pumped Up Jax ( I main wrestler). Instant air Ground pound and even regular seem to blow me up so much, then I usually get beat out when I try anything vs his F21