What's new

An honest look at Scarecrow

haketh

Noob
He needs a wakeup. Any competent player will harass you on knockdown.
Buffs:
They're not gonna give us a extremely plus on block on wakeup when a bar is spent with all the tools we have, best you can hope for if you want a WU option is DB+3

Shaka

Tier Whore.
I'd be nice if they reduced recovery frames of trait, as of now you can not safely activate it, f213 is +34 on hit and if you activate trait wake ups will beat it out.

Sultan

Kitana, Scorpion
I'd be nice if they reduced recovery frames of trait, as of now you can not safely activate it, f213 is +34 on hit and if you activate trait wake ups will beat it out.
You have to end a juggle early to have a safe-ish trait activation. 123 xx trait is great, but it's not foolproof and it sends the opponent fullscreen which is a terrible idea in some matchups. You can do things like juggle f13 or f21 and cancel into train while they're in the air to stay relatively close and have trait activated, but you give up so much damage for that.

It definitely feels like his trait needs to be re-evaluated. It shouldn't be the case that I need to create so much distance to activate a trait that's timed, and only useful upclose. It's nothing like Atrocitus where creating space means activating a trait that allows him to dictate the entire flow of a match, so I don't get the counter-intuitive design

Chongo

Dead Kings Rise
When I really want to get trait out I do my typical combo and end with f21 trait. Depending on what character you're facing it's relatively safe to pressure them with f13 afterwards as they're getting up.

Last edited:

SneakyTortoise

Official Master of Salt
When I really want to get trait out I do my typical combo and end with f21 trait. Depending on what character you're facing it's relatively safe
Who can punish it? I tested it ages ago with Superman super as wakeup with tech roll on, and it was safe, so I assumed it was safe against everything

RM Truth

Unintentional Tier Whore Follow me @TruthRM
F133 seems to make trait activation fairly safe.

Lt. Boxy Angelman

I WILL EAT THIS GAME
Chongo bringing the truth about fear. Love this writeup, man.

Dr. Crane is the most fun I've had in this game thus far free.
Seeing as I didn't even intend on picking a main until Red Hood drops, this was the best surprise.

MadPropz101

"I still got it...but not much of it"
Nah, I think we can name at least 5 characters worse than him, if not 10. Now that he has a wakeup attack (and a pretty good one at that), he's probably around mid tier. Not saying that his trait and teleport aren't problematic, but he's really not that bad now.
His trait is pretty ridiculous honestly, with the trait on he probably has the best chip in the game next to Aquaman.

Marinjuana

Up rock incoming, ETA 5 minutes
Only trait better for low health situations is probably Black Adam's. If you are facing pixel levels of health you just throw trait on and run in or teleport.

This character wasn't even bad before he had wakeups.

His trait is pretty ridiculous honestly, with the trait on he probably has the best chip in the game next to Aquaman.
His normal trait is good, but I was mostly referring to the traumatize aspect of it. The goal/inevitable outcome is to build up traumatize, but when you do it gets put on a relatively short timer that shits on the hard work that you did to build it up, what with trait activation being extremely slow and somewhat risky a lot of the time. Plus, it goes away during any cinematic and then you're back to square one. The DoT is great, but traumatize as a payoff feels lackluster most of the time.

Reactions: jmt

MadPropz101

"I still got it...but not much of it"
His normal trait is good, but I was mostly referring to the traumatize aspect of it. The goal/inevitable outcome is to build up traumatize, but when you do it gets put on a relatively short timer that shits on the hard work that you did to build it up, what with trait activation being extremely slow and somewhat risky a lot of the time. Plus, it goes away during any cinematic and then you're back to square one. The DoT is great, but traumatize as a payoff feels lackluster most of the time.
I agree, that is true. It would also be nice if we had the option to choose between damage over time and Traumatize when trait is full.