What's new

An honest look at Scarecrow

EMPRESS_SunFire

Regina George of discord
This is what I keep saying about Cheetah and her ~unwinnable 11-0 matchups, like we don't need to be top 10 to be good y'all.
Cheetah is a high-risk, high-reward character. Those characters are always gonna have some sort of viability IMO and Cheetah is good, I would say!! I don't even think she needs buffs at all like some people say but let's not turn this into a Cheetah thread :p hahaha

The main problems I always had with scarecrow were his lack of wakeups and his teleport being shit.

Obviously one of those got fixed and the whiteboi probably used the teleport like twice in the entire top 8 so its possible to make it work without it.

dribirut

BLAK FELOW
I might get blown up for this but why was no one back dashing his mb wave pressure. Literally no one was doing it or veeeery rarely. Not challenging that pressure makes him very strong

Espio

Kokomo
Lol, once you start back dashing that opens up the meta and when you get punished by his ranged attacks that's gonna stop being cute. He has the range to catch even Cheetah's backdash. Do people think so linearly about games that they think people having to make reads says something as a con to the character? There's so much silly propaganda with this character for no reason lol. He has a great command grab, great range, respectable damage,great anti-air, decent ranged jump normals, good pokes, sustainable offense. I'm sorry you have a meh backdash and have to get in footsie range. Life is hard.

Last edited:

Crusty

Retired forever; don’t ask for games.
Lol, once you start back dashing that opens up the meta and when you get punished by his ranged attacks that's gonna stop be cute. He has the range to catch even Cheetah's backdash. Do people think so linearly about games that they think people having to make reads says something as a con to the character? There's so much silly propaganda with this character for no reason lol.
Kinda reminds me of Doomsday

:eek:

Chongo

Dead Kings Rise
I wish players would back dash after MB Db2 it just let's me use F1 and get massive damage.

Most opponents I play just push block.
I feel you on that, I hate when they spend a bar just to put me in the range where my normals beat everything else

Did whiteboi get away with some things? 100%. Did he completely fraud his way into winning? No lol. I'm sure he's progressed as a player enough to understand what he has to do once they start countering his options.

FrankOceansWaifu

Watch this set up.
How not though? He was conditioning like crazy with tick throws and fear blast, not to mention chain is an option for a full combo. If they're hitting d1 every time they see one that healthbar would've depleted a lot faster lol
Whiteboi was getting predictable at times where as soon had more than 1 bar he would machine gun d1 xx fear blast MB then continue with either raw d1 or d1 tick. I can't think of a time where someone challenged him after, but I'm sure that has to be.

@Chongo

In that vein I'd prefer a back dash since my F13 obviously will catch and lead to more damage than if I were to get push blocked back to 22 or ji2 range. Either is a favourable outcome, just as if they were to try and jump. I just prefer scenario A to B or C

EMPRESS_SunFire

Regina George of discord
Whiteboi was getting predictable at times where as soon had more than 1 bar he would machine gun d1 xx fear blast MB then continue with either raw d1 or d1 tick. I can't think of a time where someone challenged him after, but I'm sure that has to be.
they did challenge that and they got hit because they guessed wrong.
D1 into D1 into D1 is legit because of the Conditioning but LBSH, he only did that like twice....

Props to whiteboi for winning with a bottom 5 character - please stop disrespecting whiteboi's masterful performance by pretending the character is good now. Joker didn't move up the tier list bc sonic beat forever king's batman. Years from now tym will vindicate my scarecrow tier placement but alas as Professor X said himself, "Sometimes the mind needs to discover things for itself."

haketh

Noob
How not though? He was conditioning like crazy with tick throws and fear blast, not to mention chain is an option for a full combo. If they're hitting d1 every time they see one that healthbar would've depleted a lot faster lol
Yeah, D1 is only -2 & he had people scared to press a button after due to Fearferno staggering

Only thing Whiteboi could have done more was D2 ticks when people were in the corner, that shit is so good

kcd117

Noob
Whiteboi was outstanding, his scarecrow play was so hype!
Crow is a very good character, imo he is perfectly balanced, he needed a wake up and he got it, now he is perfect.
Whiteboi outplaying everyone doesn't make the character top 10 tho, he is very very good, no one can deny that, just not as retarded and potato as superman, black adam, aquaman...
Let's not confuse whiteboi putting on a clinic with "people not knowing the matchup" or "scarecrow top 10 free" because he didn't gimmick his way to the 1st place and definitely didn't have an easy path to get there.