What's new

Match Footage Amazonian Coliseum Wonder Woman Video Thread

Who's b13 are you talking about? GL?
Hmmm that's weird. A lot of posts I hadn't seen before magically appeared out of nowhere. Anyways, I had just finished watching A Foxy Grandpa's matches against PL. And he was doing that a lot with Wonder Woman. B1 stop then 3, like some sort of frame trap. Can you get hit out of 3?

chores

bad at things
Hmmm that's weird. A lot of posts I hadn't seen before magically appeared out of nowhere. Anyways, I had just finished watching A Foxy Grandpa's matches against PL. And he was doing that a lot with Wonder Woman. B1 stop then 3, like some sort of frame trap. Can you get hit out of 3?
its more like a 'confusion' or 'mixup' deal (theres probably a more specific term but idk) due to having +4 advantage, especially if youve conditioned them to block b113. hard to react to because instead of a 10 frame low (3) you could take a 5 frame mid (1) or a 13 frame overhead (b2). all blockable options and could be fuzzy guarded. most likely worked well just because of unfamiliarity. if you fast-forwarded 1000 games PL would probably block any followup 9 out of 10 times.

the reason (im not sure, im an idiot) that b1, 33 is so good is that they are both advantage. a blocked 33 is +2 making either 1 or d1 beat every non-superman'ssuper-or-a-parry move in the game

B1 is +4 on block. 3 is a 14 frame low. So yea they can interrupt it. But they can't interrupt D 1,2.
winterfell i just saw your matches from the break. when you jump air dash (front/crossup mixup) why do you use j3? id rather use j2 into b113... bnb. :(

i know j3 has got a good hitbox (GGs trying to anti air it). but for the air dash mixup i think j2 is a better option.

Lex Luthor II

Lord of Lightning
So if this hasn't already been posted(been MIA for a bit) but foxy ran some sets on the kombat network stream, http://www.twitch.tv/kombatnetwork/b/420300966 he starts at about an 1:16:00ish against brady. I haven't watched it all yet but foxy was running a train on people.

I honestly felt bad for Brady against Foxy, because he's right, online Aquamans combos off of his scoop are VERY hard to hit super consistently with any kind of lag, at least compared to WWs or Supermans. I use WW and Aquaman about equally [and Supes as my guy if i need to win] but I totally feel Bradys pain on Aquaman. WW has her advanced ones that are hard to hit, but you can still hit slightly less advanced ones in lag, ones that are only about 5% less damage... whereas AM has NO choice but to use his scoop and hope for the best.

Edit: Id like to know how foxy can do an air dash so quickly and so low to the ground, pushing up, and then forwards x2 is just super hard that fast, nay?

A F0xy Grampa

Problem X Promotions
I honestly felt bad for Brady against Foxy, because he's right, online Aquamans combos off of his scoop are VERY hard to hit super consistently with any kind of lag, at least compared to WWs or Supermans. I use WW and Aquaman about equally [and Supes as my guy if i need to win] but I totally feel Bradys pain on Aquaman. WW has her advanced ones that are hard to hit, but you can still hit slightly less advanced ones in lag, ones that are only about 5% less damage... whereas AM has NO choice but to use his scoop and hope for the best.

Edit: Id like to know how foxy can do an air dash so quickly and so low to the ground, pushing up, and then forwards x2 is just super hard that fast, nay?
Practice.

Nooooo what are you doing A F0xy Grampa? Stop giving so much exposure to Wonder Woman. NERFS INCOMING. kappa
LOL, it's crossed my mind, but at the same time there's no real reason to nerf her. It's not like there is 1 single thing she has that is OP in any scenario. People complain about her OTG (that is only applicable in the corner, acceptable considering the corner is her thing, just as range is supermans thing) but its not an issue because by doing it, yeah she may be at advantage, but she doesnt actually get a free 5050 from it, people are just inexperienced at the moment.

If she does get nerfed I'll probably stop playing, the AMOUNT of effort it took to become competitive with her is greatly more than it took for anybody else to be competitive with their characters. She's 1 massive puzzle, and you need every piece in the end.

DYNA$TY

Edenia lives!

You can also do u/f,f quickly, pretty much instant airdash.

Winterfell

Zatanna for DLC!
winterfell i just saw your matches from the break. when you jump air dash (front/crossup mixup) why do you use j3? id rather use j2 into b113... bnb. :(

i know j3 has got a good hitbox (GGs trying to anti air it). but for the air dash mixup i think j2 is a better option.

Yea it's been said that about me. I'm using J1 and J2 now. Sometimes now I'll do J3 out of habit. I liked it for it's hitbox. Thanks for the reminder my good sir as I still need it.

NRF CharlieMurphy

Kindergarten Meta
I see lots of people, well some, instead of doing b23, they do b2lassograb, are there any advantages to that other than the +1% damage?

Thanks for the vid :D Was online ey, WWs 33,23, b3 is hard online sometimes ey.
no... its honestly a bad habit, they can duck lasso and punish if you're too close. I typically do it in the corner most... because people always seem to jump there... idk why.

and yeah... online I drop my bnb's often... slightest delay and everything is off. It happens.

Lex Luthor II

Lord of Lightning
no... its honestly a bad habit, they can duck lasso and punish if you're too close. I typically do it in the corner most... because people always seem to jump there... idk why.

and yeah... online I drop my bnb's often... slightest delay and everything is off. It happens.
Thats why I dropped that b3 mid combo, and go with b113, b1, b113, 23 lassograb. Its just SLIGHTLY less damage and I think I drop it once out of 100 times maybe? or 33, b1, b113, 23 lassograb.

I think that the b2lassograb might be good to throw out randomly because it will catch people off guard, as its timing is weird, that slight pause.

Drizzle

Jump and shoot.
Well yeah, if you're just dialing it in. If you confirm b2 hitting I don't see a reason to go for the 3. That's just me though.

AK elitegoomba

http://www.twitch.tv/elitegoomba
yeah GL is rough. his projectile game is so good he forces you to put yourself into b1 range... and then... you have to block a b1... the threat of max range ring grab is a serious issue as well