What's new

Match-up Discussion Alright, here is my Deathstroke matchup chart, would like to hear the thoughts of the community

A F0xy Grampa

Problem X Promotions
yeah they both annoy each other midscreen and yep I am aware of the projectiles she brings to the table as well. One great thing going for her is she has good mobility in her lasso stance, which will help her get in quicker than most. Also if she gains a significant lead, she can go to her sword stance so she takes less chip. Deathstroke will want to keep the lead in this matchup and avoid the corner at all costs. Both don't need meter for combos, so that is something they are even on.
Nah, Deathstrokes combos don't do nearly as much for him as hers do, if she catches you, you're in a deadly guessing game that can be looped over, and she does alot more damage.
Sword stance is good but not for sitting fullscreen cause of his trait.

Nah, Deathstrokes combos don't do nearly as much for him as hers do, if she catches you, you're in a deadly guessing game that can be looped over, and she does alot more damage.
yeah if she catches him, it is going to be annoying for sure. Deathstroke's jumping 3 will be amble to set up ambiguous crossups and etc. if he lands a knockdown. Both actually have 50/50 games as well to use as well, of course WW gets more damage than off hers tho. Does her d2 beat out his j3?

Ermaculate_Slim

We are Many but we didnt make MK11 not one

Imo Deathstrokes trait is only really useful when you are trying to finish the opponent off.To me its the only time it's useful.

Ermaculate_Slim

We are Many but we didnt make MK11 not one
You'll see it be a bit more useful against the shield stance though tbh. Not majorly, but there are times.

Nah I'd just find a alternative solution to deal with sword stance.His trait's start up is too slow and after the time runs out I'm at a disadvantage.Too much risk not enough reward imo.

Duck Nation

Dicks with a future
You're letting people activate trait without dashing in like, three times? Jeez.

Breaker

~AKUMA~
Scorpion is 4-6 once you learn how to use your swords properly. Other than that I agree with the list pretty legit.

Scorpion is 4-6 once you learn how to use your swords properly. Other than that I agree with the list pretty legit.
care to explain why? seems like a difficult matchup, especially considering that he can't zone like he usually can and will have to deal with his great interactables/ air control. But i'd like to hear your perspective on the matchup tho.

I'd say Bane's more like 7-3 in Dstroke's favor, Bane is going to lose half of his life just trying to get in on a competent DS. It is not a fun match up.

Duck Nation

Dicks with a future
No fucking way Scorpion is in Deathstroke's favor. He almost completely shuts down the one thing DS can do better than he can by just being able to avoid it altogether, while up close he has stronger mixup and better/easier combos, particularly with trait.

No fucking way Scorpion is in Deathstroke's favor. He almost completely shuts down the one thing DS can do better than he can by just being able to avoid it altogether, while up close he has stronger mixup and better/easier combos, particularly with trait.
who said DS won it? lol that'd be hilarious.

i'm open to all arguments, care to explain why that matchup is 7 3?
i have better footsies... your chip is now null, meaning i can take my sweet ass time... its an enormous risk for you to zone, you can hit me 5-6 times but 1 time hitting you with a black magik or dive kick (which has to be done very sporadically) does more damage... i do more damage and your backdash makes it very hard to deal with my rushdown and frame traps... and im so much quicker moving backwards and forwards that its extremely difficult for you to really touch me... since the patch your zoning is hardly a threat... you due outzone me but i have enough to counter you with and mix in that its hardly relevant... also the wakeup games really in my favor...

this is my most experienced matchup along with doomsday and i can say confidently that i play black adam at a pretty high level these days and the opposing deathstroke is an extremely intelligent player and its hard for him to pack on any damage at all because my mobility and footsies are so insane... stages might play a really big role

Breaker

~AKUMA~
care to explain why? seems like a difficult matchup, especially considering that he can't zone like he usually can and will have to deal with his great interactables/ air control. But i'd like to hear your perspective on the matchup tho.
The way the hitbox of DS sword is he covers hes entire back when the sword is on screen. No safe teleport what so ever once you settle with this fact. If the best Deathstroke plays the best Scorpion I wholeheartedly believe it will show a 4-6 in Scorpions favor.

i have better footsies... your chip is now null, meaning i can take my sweet ass time... its an enormous risk for you to zone, you can hit me 5-6 times but 1 time hitting you with a black magik or dive kick (which has to be done very sporadically) does more damage... i do more damage and your backdash makes it very hard to deal with my rushdown and frame traps... and im so much quicker moving backwards and forwards that its extremely difficult for you to really touch me... since the patch your zoning is hardly a threat... you due outzone me but i have enough to counter you with and mix in that its hardly relevant... also the wakeup games really in my favor...

this is my most experienced matchup along with doomsday and i can say confidently that i play black adam at a pretty high level these days and the opposing deathstroke is an extremely intelligent player and its hard for him to pack on any damage at all because my mobility and footsies are so insane... stages might play a really big role
interesting points. I have played godspeed's black adam and the matches were fairly close. But if I get the chance to play more black adams, then I definitely will and change the matchup if necessary. Black adam definitely does have the tools to make it annoying for deathstroke, but deathstroke still can hold his own with some patience and good reads.

The way the hitbox of DS sword is he covers hes entire back when the sword is on screen. No safe teleport what so ever once you settle with this fact. If the best Deathstroke plays the best Scorpion I wholeheartedly believe it will show a 4-6 in Scorpions favor.
interesting, i'll see if I can run this match to a greater extent and see how it goes. I believe DS definitely has the tools to fight him, but also that scorpion shuts down some of the things DS likes to do.

M2Dave

Zoning Master
Swords are not very relevant. Deathstroke cannot play footsies and has no way to build meter in this match. Shooting any guns is suicide.
MB teleport is the anti-Deathstroke.

J360 and I fight REO's Scorpion on a regular basis and out of ten games we win one game at best. Even pre-patch Deathstroke would stand no chance.

I see a lot of misinformation in this thread that is based on blind fanaticism. Deathstroke is nowhere near as good as some of you make him out to be.

Swords are not very relevant. Deathstroke cannot play footsies and has no way to build meter in this match. Shooting any guns is suicide.
MB teleport is the anti-Deathstroke.

J360 and I fight REO's Scorpion on a regular basis and out of ten games we win one game at best. Even pre-patch Deathstroke would stand no chance.

I see a lot of misinformation in this thread that is based on blind fanaticism. Deathstroke is nowhere near as good as some of you make him out to be.
oh he is. I guarantee that at evo there will be deathstrokes making noise :). His only terrible MU is scorpion (who might be banned from more than evo if they dnt change him completely), so he is fine.

SatsuiYesHadou

Yung Kneecaps
I agree on the supes match up. Personally it feels like a 7-3 or 8-2 and he just destroys ds but that's just me and how I feel

M2Dave

Zoning Master
oh he is. I guarantee that at evo there will be deathstrokes making noise :). His only terrible MU is scorpion (who might be banned from more than evo if they dnt change him completely), so he is fine.
This game revolves around 50/50 mix ups, footsies, and character power (trait). Let me do the analysis for you.

Deathstroke has a weak 50/50 mix up with poor set ups. The top tier characters of the game (i.e., Batgirl, Killer Frost, and Wonder Woman) not only have more powerful 50/50 mix ups, but they also have resets/loops. For example, Batgirl can do b+2,u+3, b+2,u+3, d+2 xx bola, jump 2, b+2,d+3 (+30 on hit) and get a guaranteed 50/50 mix up. This set up is far more powerful than anything Deathstroke players can dream of in terms of setting up b+1,u+2 / b+2. Killer Frost and Wonder Woman have similar set ups that ignore wake up attacks.

Deathstroke has average footsies. The best aspect of his is footsies is f+3, which is arguably the best f+3 in the game, but f+3 is still an attack that has 30 frames of start up. The top tier characters of the game (i.e., Aquaman, Green Lantern, Superman, etc.) have far superior footsies. They have quick, long-ranged normal attacks that can be hit confirmed into very damaging combos. Aquaman has b+1,2. Green Lantern has b+1,3. Superman has f+2,3. Deathstroke has absolutely nothing in comparison.

Character power (trait) is a bonus addition to gameplay if your character has a great one. Some top tier characters of the game (Batman, Sinestro, etc.) have excellent traits that can change the match up in your favor once you activate them. Deathstroke's trait, on the other hand, is abysmal. It takes a second and a half to start up. Completely useless.

Pre-patch low gunshots helped to compensate some of these weaknesses, but Deathstroke does not currently exceed in a single category that is relevant to the meta game of Injustice. He is mid tier and will indirectly deteriorate when NRS releases top tier DLC characters like Batgirl and Scorpion. General Zod already makes this character look worthless.