What's new

Match-up Discussion Alright, here is my Deathstroke matchup chart, would like to hear the thoughts of the community

Pre-Patch vs Flash was 5-5 now is 4-6 flash favor
vs Green Arrow was 6-4 now post patch is 5-5.
I got one flash explanation, but i'd like another one if you don't mind. I have not only experience vs flash with DS, but I play flash myself and know what he is capable of.

Duck Nation

Dicks with a future
No offense, but I do not care to provide any evidence because you will believe what you want to believe.
I am fairly certain you are the wrong person to be claiming anyone is unwilling or unable to alter their opinions. Pot, meet kettle. Not to mention that while he doesn't seem to mind, I'm pretty offended by the implication that MIT specifically would not be ready or willing to change his opinion when he has shown a particular receptiveness to new information both here and elsewhere on the forums - much more than most people do. That should be respected, and you're definitely not giving him his due.

Duck Nation

Dicks with a future
Arrow has no reason to try trade projectiles in this match, as it would obviously be dumb to do so.
I agree with this, of course. But it's something he lacks in this match that he can get away with in others that can tip the scales. Being able to freeze someone from the other side of the screen and start a combo off it leading into his pressure game is pretty notable. He has to wade through DS's low shots like a character without a projectile or without a particularly reliable one, at least, and that always puts the ball in DS's court.

Also, there is no need to naked load arrow in most match ups, there are tons of ways to saftely load.
I'm not sure I agree with this part. A lot of Arrow's abilities are contingent on the threat of the loaded freeze arrow, and with having to get a knockdown or a combo first, it puts him at disadvantage. He could get significantly behind just trying to get started, and in my experience often does.

Flash definitely bodies Deathstroke
bodies DS, man you going to have to give me the intellectual breakdown of why he beats DS. idk about you, but DS seems to do just fine in the keep away game, footsies game, and up close game. But i'm open to all opinions of course and am willing to make changes.

Duck Nation

Dicks with a future
I've only fought one good Flash and got bodied by him, but I don't think that means anything. I need to sink time into that matchup for sure, but it's something that much like Superman I've heard go both ways. I've seen both Flash and DS players claiming that matchup is both a win and a loss, which was also happening with Superman for quite a while - and I think that the Superman is one of the matches where DS punches most evenly period. Definitely merits further examination by all parties, I feel.

I've only fought one good Flash and got bodied by him, but I don't think that means anything. I need to sink time into that matchup for sure, but it's something that much like Superman I've heard go both ways. I've seen both Flash and DS players claiming that matchup is both a win and a loss, which was also happening with Superman for quite a while - and I think that the Superman is one of the matches where DS punches most evenly period. Definitely merits further examination by all parties, I feel.
agreed, i'm going to look into these matchups more/ play them to get a better feel on them.

M2Dave

Zoning Master
evidence would help, but hey whatever works for you. Also he is going to stay viable (as long as they don't nerf him again, which I know isn't happening). He has too many matchups he does well in, so he isn't going anywhere. You really shouldn't give up on Deathstroke, but if Zod is your taste, then go for it.
Characters that are better than Deathstroke.

Aquaman
Batgirl
Batman
Black Adam
Green Arrow
Green Lantern
Nightwing
Scorpion
Sinestro
Superman
Wonder Woman

There is no reason to use Deathstroke. He is the most "normalized" character in the game by far. Why limit yourself in tournaments when you can pick better characters?

LEGEND

YES!
bodies DS, man you going to have to give me the intellectual breakdown of why he beats DS. idk about you, but DS seems to do just fine in the keep away game, footsies game, and up close game. But i'm open to all opinions of course and am willing to make changes.
i might have been alittle rash, i entered the thread and saw it say 6-4 in DS's favor and interjected

deathstroke does have options to play keep away for sure, but those options are all at a much greater risk than reward. Though a Good DS can put up a fight if they play smart and make some good reads

probably 6-4 Flash, Flash definitely mops up any Deathstroke that isn't in the hands of a top player though

oh, and fuck jumping 3 lol

Jimmypotato

Mid Tier
I agree with this, of course. But it's something he lacks in this match that he can get away with in others that can tip the scales. Being able to freeze someone from the other side of the screen and start a combo off it leading into his pressure game is pretty notable. He has to wade through DS's low shots like a character without a projectile or without a particularly reliable one, at least, and that always puts the ball in DS's court.

I'm not sure I agree with this part. A lot of Arrow's abilities are contingent on the threat of the loaded freeze arrow, and with having to get a knockdown or a combo first, it puts him at disadvantage. He could get significantly behind just trying to get started, and in my experience often does.

chip on guns is not enough to worry about blocking and dashing in after.

who the hell gets hit by freeze arrow at full screen?? lol

Arrow has options without freeze arrow, he is not a zoning character and should not be played as one, Also if I really needed a freeze arrow that bad, taking the damage off one gun shot to get one loaded isn't that bad.

If your on 360 we can play the match up, I can show you how I play it, you don't have to "Wade" through low gun shots, Arrows forward dash after blocked gun shot covers alot of distance.

it's def harder online, but in a decent connection I can play most deathstrokes the way I want do. Like I said, could maybe be 5.5-4.5

Edit: it sounds like if you do play Arrow, you try to zone with him like Death Stroke, and he is not built to be played that way,

Characters that are better than Deathstroke.

Aquaman
Batgirl
Batman
Black Adam
Green Arrow
Green Lantern
Nightwing
Scorpion
Sinestro
Superman
Wonder Woman

There is no reason to use Deathstroke. He is the most "normalized" character in the game by far. Why limit yourself in tournaments when you can pick better characters?
Of that list, the ones most would actually consider better than DS are :superman, WW, GL, Scorpion, BA, batgirl, AM, and batman. NW, sinestro, and green arrow aren't any better than DS for sure, but I can respect your opinion. I dnt see how he will limit anyone when his only 7 3/ 8 2(scorpion) is going to be banned/ nerfed and won't even be allowed at evo with how the poll went. Overall, he is one of the more viable characters in this game. Still think you should stick to Deathstroke, and yeah i'm still salty about the low shot nerfs lol.

i might have been alittle rash, i entered the thread and saw it say 6-4 in DS's favor and interjected

deathstroke does have options to play keep away for sure, but those options are all at a much greater risk than reward. Though a Good DS can put up a fight if they play smart and make some good reads

probably 6-4 Flash, Flash definitely mops up any Deathstroke that isn't in the hands of a top player though

oh, and fuck jumping 3 lol
lol fair enough, i'd like to run this match with you at evo/ the next vindication. I want to really get an idea of this matchup. It is an interesting one for sure.

Eddy Wang

Skarlet scientist
I got one flash explanation, but i'd like another one if you don't mind. I have not only experience vs flash with DS, but I play flash myself and know what he is capable of.
With the recent flash buffs, and the DS nerf it becamed more of flash favor.

MB LC was such a huge buff for flash in this Matchup, before he could only LC to get his damage on low gun shots and sword flip, but now he gets a full combo from it.

The DS normalization also helped it, DS can no longer use low Gunshots from nearly midscreen without being punished with MB LC now, or Sword flip without being punished by MB LC as well.

And those are also the best DS tools with great range, but aren't safe against LC or MB LC, and flash is a extremely good backdasher and dasher as too.

I'm about to go to sleep, but pls keep discussing matchups and going over them. I'd like to have a legit MU chart that doesn't include a bunch of name calling and trash talking lol, I just want to discuss matchups and learn stuff.

With the recent flash buffs, and the DS nerf it becamed more of flash favor.

MB LC was such a huge buff for flash in this Matchup, before he could only LC to get his damage on low gun shots and sword flip, but now he gets a full combo from it.

The DS normalization also helped it, DS can no longer use low Gunshots from nearly midscreen without being punished with MB LC now, or Sword flip without being punished by MB LC as well.

And those are also the best DS tools with great range, but aren't safe against LC or MB LC, and flash is a extremely good backdasher and dasher as too.
Interesting, seems like a good amount of ppl have this flash favor, i'm accounting for all this info. Will study and learn more about the MU and see how it is to a better extent.

Duck Nation

Dicks with a future
chip on guns is not enough to worry about blocking and dashing in after.

who the hell gets hit by freeze arrow at full screen?? lol

Arrow has options without freeze arrow, he is not a zoning character and should not be played as one, Also if I really needed a freeze arrow that bad, taking the damage off one gun shot to get one loaded isn't that bad.

If your on 360 we can play the match up, I can show you how I play it, you don't have to "Wade" through low gun shots, Arrows forward dash after blocked gun shot covers alot of distance.

it's def harder online, but in a decent connection I can play most deathstrokes the way I want do. Like I said, could maybe be 5.5-4.5

Edit: it sounds like if you do play Arrow, you try to zone with him like Death Stroke, and he is not built to be played that way,
I play Arrow, but really badly, haha. I don't try and zone with him, I just get fucking confused when I'm in and do everything wrong.

I'm not trying to say that people actually do get hit by freeze arrow from across the screen more than once in a blue moon, but it's important to consider as a threat in that match. It does take away options when it's available as a threat because there's certain stuff that's just going to be a bad idea, but DS just doesn't care what you have loaded.

Also, while you can dash after DS shoots, he's still got the ability to stop you. I usually catch people mid-dash or get them trying to move too early with MB guns. It's an oversimplification to say block and dash. :p

Jimmypotato

Mid Tier
I play Arrow, but really badly, haha. I don't try and zone with him, I just get fucking confused when I'm in and do everything wrong.

I'm not trying to say that people actually do get hit by freeze arrow from across the screen more than once in a blue moon, but it's important to consider as a threat in that match. It does take away options when it's available as a threat because there's certain stuff that's just going to be a bad idea, but DS just doesn't care what you have loaded.

Also, while you can dash after DS shoots, he's still got the ability to stop you. I usually catch people mid-dash or get them trying to move too early with MB guns. It's an oversimplification to say block and dash. :p

not really, do it from that wrong distance and I will be in with a d1 and if your not blocking then you have to deal with my upclose bullshit. we should play sometime.

Could you please cover the Aquaman and WW mus indepth?
i'm going to need a WW to cover that matchup in depth, I can explain it but I put a start by it because I don't know it that well. As far as aquaman goes, I can definitely explain that, play a high lvl aquaman in vegas and we've ran that match for a while.