What's new

Match-up Discussion Alright, here is my Deathstroke matchup chart, would like to hear the thoughts of the community

Could you please cover the Aquaman and WW mus indepth?
Alright Aquaman: It is a very even battle that both have the tools to deal with each other.
Far distance: Deathstroke will be able to do his guns and Aquaman will not be able to punish guns with his trident. Deathstroke can punish his trident with guns however. Deathstroke has to always be prepared to block because if he lets go at the wrong time, he'll eat a trident combo. Aquaman's parry will help him out to get through projectiles and get closer to deathstroke. Trident toss might work once in a while for aquaman, but not often.

Midscreen: Aquaman can't punish with trident since it starts up too slow, but he can block the guns then dash in to get to a closer distance, so deathstroke has to be careful and aware of this. Aquaman can still use his parry as well to close the distance. If a deathstroke gets impatient/ worried and decides to move forward than jump, Aquaman's d2 will handle that and give him a full combo.

Up close: both have good normal. Deathstroke will be using his b1 low/ his b2 and f3 overheads for 50/50s. He can also use his 7 frame f2,3 string that is plus 9 to get some distance and set up offense. Deathstroke standing 3 can be utilized as well bcuz it is plus 4 on block and has a decent startup. If a deathstroke lands a hard knockdown, he can utilize his jump 3 for ambiguous crossups and etc. for anti airs, deathstroke would be advised to use his sword flip/ use jumping 1/3 to go win the air to air game. On wakeup, his best option versus deathstroke is sword spin. Now for Aquaman: he will be utilizing his b1,2 string a lot since that is his main combo starter and it starts up at 9 frames. If he gets a knockdown, he can use his overhead, but it isn't hard to react to since it is very slow. Low scoop will be good to use as well and if it gets blocked, then aquaman has his trait to save him from getting punished. Aquaman's f1,3 string is plus on block and great to use up close. If either one of them corners each other, they both have good options to maintain corner control. Aquaman can use trait to get out of bad situations/ his parry to blow up deathstrokes wakeups if he times it right.

Rampage254

Ayy Lmao
I always have trouble vs Raven, but maybe that's just me. I get scared to even throw out gunshots unless it's to punish her Soul crush

I always have trouble vs Raven, but maybe that's just me. I get scared to even throw out gunshots unless it's to punish her Soul crush
In this MU, you definitely got to be patient and use your guns wisely. Once you are in, deathstroke has the offensive tools to give her a lot of problems. I watched Slips fight forever king's raven at UFGT, and it was very even for sure.

A F0xy Grampa

Problem X Promotions
A F0xy Grampa, care to explain the Wonder woman MU?
I have a general idea, not an in depth one however:

- Shield stance can punish guns from certain ranges and is probably her best way in because of the dramatically reduced chip
- Stage selection matters
- As against any character, WW dominates the corner
- She can AA his J3 to an extent

I have a general idea, not an in depth one however:

- Shield stance can punish guns from certain ranges and is probably her best way in because of the dramatically reduced chip
- Stage selection matters
- As against any character, WW dominates the corner
- She can AA his J3 to an extent
ah ok, thanks for the input. I will have to run this MU more to see how it goes, I believe I have only seen this match like one time on a stream.

A F0xy Grampa

Problem X Promotions
ah ok, thanks for the input. I will have to run this MU more to see how it goes, I believe I have only seen this match like one time on a stream.
Instant Demigodess would be a good move to use if you can get it out in between gunshots to get close.
Generally she's gonna be spending her time getting him to the corner, while he will be walking himself there. Thats why stage selection matters cause Ferris makes it pretty hard, but Arkham makes it pretty easy

Duck Nation

Dicks with a future
Instant Demigodess would be a good move to use if you can get it out in between gunshots to get close.
Generally she's gonna be spending her time getting him to the corner, while he will be walking himself there. Thats why stage selection matters cause Ferris makes it pretty hard, but Arkham makes it pretty easy
Atlantis is going to be a lot worse. Deathstroke is more than happy being pushed into the corner on that stage. Trying to mess with him? Meter burn water pipe, any time.

A F0xy Grampa

Problem X Promotions
Atlantis is going to be a lot worse. Deathstroke is more than happy being pushed into the corner on that stage. Trying to mess with him? Meter burn water pipe, any time.
Nah, she can punish even MB water pipes by getting out of range and using demigodess.
She's also strong on both sides at the corner. Since she can knockdown into cross over divepunch and MB wall break.

The risk of sitting in the corner against WW is far too high to rely on the water pipe.

indeed, the stage matters a lot and it depends on the position of the characters. Good thing she has an AA to deal with j3, because that is something most characters are forced to deal with. I actually never knew she took less chip in the shield stance until you said that lol, thanks for that info. Deathstroke wants to stay away from getting knocked down because her oki game is good. From far distance, he is will be able to control the matchup. Midscreen it is fairly even. Up close, she is going to the advantage.

Ermaculate_Slim

We are Many but we didnt make MK11 not one
Don't under-estimate Deathstrokes rush down and mix up potential.Just because you get in on him doesn't mean you will dominate him. I've being playing Zyphox alot lately and flash does have the advantage in the MU but in no way bodies him.I'd say 6-4 flash only because of lc.

Death

Noob
I don't really play the game anymore but does superman really beat DS? Why if he does. I remember this being one of supermans hardest

A F0xy Grampa

Problem X Promotions
indeed, the stage matters a lot and it depends on the position of the characters. Good thing she has an AA to deal with j3, because that is something most characters are forced to deal with. I actually never knew she took less chip in the shield stance until you said that lol, thanks for that info. Deathstroke wants to stay away from getting knocked down because her oki game is good. From far distance, he is will be able to control the matchup. Midscreen it is fairly even. Up close, she is going to the advantage.
Well, if she's 1 dash in from full screen she can use her shield toss as a threat, its -2 on block, but a high, so he's either got to do low guns, or just duck.
It's a pretty good projectile for a high, kinda reminds me of Kenshis shoulder to an extent.

Both of them can annoy eachother midscreen.

I don't really play the game anymore but does superman really beat DS? Why if he does. I remember this being one of supermans hardest
I can explain since I have played supermans/ have used superman vs deathstrokes:
In the zoning game, both are going to have to pick their spots. Whoever gets their projectile out at the right position and time will win the zoning battle. But Deathstrok's zoning is still more efficient and he'll be on top of that for sure. superman wants to get close however. Once he is close, it can become difficult for deathstroke. he does have the tools up close to fight superman, but superman does it better. Deathstroke can't back dash out of f2,3 pressure because his backdash is too damn stubby and slow. He can use his d1/f2/ sweep to deal with it, but all are at risk of getting whiff punished for a full combo. The damage favors superman of course because of his trait and his corner damage/control make it hard for deathstroke to get away. A great thing going for deathstroke tho is his j3. Superman doesn't have a legit AA to deal with it, so he has to make it whiff if he wants to be able to punish his d3. deathstroke would be advised to keep the meter advantage so he can win a clash if he needs to clash in a situation. The footsies game if going to favor superman because of his f2 alone, but deathstroke has good options such as his standing 3 to use in footsies. Overall, it is supermans good rushdown/ mobility that help him be able to get in on deathstroke better than most and it gives him the slight advantage.

Don't under-estimate Deathstrokes rush down and mix up potential.Just because you get in on him doesn't mean you will dominate him. I've being playing Zyphox alot lately and flash does have the advantage in the MU but in no way bodies him.I'd say 6-4 flash only because of lc.
I might have to play zyphox some if I get a chance, if he is on the ps3. I believe it is even, but like I said: i'll play some flashes offline and get some more xp in the matchup.

Duck Nation

Dicks with a future
I can explain since I have played supermans/ have used superman vs deathstrokes:
In the zoning game, both are going to have to pick their spots. Whoever gets their projectile out at the right position and time will win the zoning battle. But Deathstrok's zoning is still more efficient and he'll be on top of that for sure. superman wants to get close however. Once he is close, it can become difficult for deathstroke. he does have the tools up close to fight superman, but superman does it better. Deathstroke can't back dash out of f2,3 pressure because his backdash is too damn stubby and slow. He can use his d1/f2/ sweep to deal with it, but all are at risk of getting whiff punished for a full combo. The damage favors superman of course because of his trait and his corner damage/control make it hard for deathstroke to get away. A great thing going for deathstroke tho is his j3. Superman doesn't have a legit AA to deal with it, so he has to make it whiff if he wants to be able to punish his d3. deathstroke would be advised to keep the meter advantage so he can win a clash if he needs to clash in a situation. The footsies game if going to favor superman because of his f2 alone, but deathstroke has good options such as his standing 3 to use in footsies. Overall, it is supermans good rushdown/ mobility that help him be able to get in on deathstroke better than most and it gives him the slight advantage.
You missed an important one - f23 breath loop can be punished for full combo via back jump 2. Superman is also free as fuck to the flying ninja.

Well, if she's 1 dash in from full screen she can use her shield toss as a threat, its -2 on block, but a high, so he's either got to do low guns, or just duck.
It's a pretty good projectile for a high, kinda reminds me of Kenshis shoulder to an extent.

Both of them can annoy eachother midscreen.
yeah they both annoy each other midscreen and yep I am aware of the projectiles she brings to the table as well. One great thing going for her is she has good mobility in her lasso stance, which will help her get in quicker than most. Also if she gains a significant lead, she can go to her sword stance so she takes less chip. Deathstroke will want to keep the lead in this matchup and avoid the corner at all costs. Both don't need meter for combos, so that is something they are even on.