What's new

ALL YOU DO IS THE SAME MOVE OVER AND OVER!

aldazo

Waiting for Havik
A game where repeating the same move over and over is the best method to win is a boring game with a bad design, period. People can write tons of paragraphs about "playing to win" but it will not change the fact that if you "play to win" a game where you have to use more of your moves arsenal you would get more fun from your victories.

A game where repeating the same move over and over is the best method to win is a boring game with a bad design, period. People can write tons of paragraphs about "playing to win" but it will not change the fact that if you "play to win" a game where you have to use more of your moves arsenal you would get more fun from your victories.
No.

Juggs

Lose without excuses
Lead Moderator
Premium Supporter
Don't blame the game for your own inadequacies. It's only the best method against players who don't know how to beat that "one move". It's not the games fault someone can win with one move, it's your fault that you refuse to learn how to beat, defend, or get around that one move. You can win with one move in every single fighting game. If I don't need to use every move in my arsenal to beat you, there's no reason I should. That's a testament to your lack of skill and knowledge, not a fault within the game.

SunLord5

Dualshock 2 User
Ed Boon saw that people were complaining about "spammers" in MK9 chat nonstop. He decided to make even greater, easier to use projectiles and unblockable ex spirit charges for every character in Atlantis so everyone who picked superman or uses cyborg with a hitbox can be as troublesome to fight as a perfectly played Kitana or a robot played offline Kabal.

A F0xy Grampa

Problem X Promotions
Don't blame the game for your own inadequacies. It's only the best method against players who don't know how to beat that "one move". It's not the games fault someone can win with one move, it's your fault that you refuse to learn how to beat, defend, or get around that one move. You can win with one move in every single fighting game. If I don't need to use every move in my arsenal to beat you, there's no reason I should. That's a testament to your lack of skill and knowledge, not a fault within the game.
Superman, F23

Doesn't need to be one move, you're losing to that one move, how come high level players make it look diverse and only scurbs make it look like the game is one move?

Faded Dreams V

Retired June 2012. Unretired June 2013.
Spamming pre-patch Freddy's projectiles on people, and teabagging them was one of the greatest experiences I've ever had in a video game.

(And if they ever tried to spam me back, the joke was on them cause I mained Smoke)

jaym7018

Noob
I agree that everyone should own their loss. Ill never accuse someone of spam or whatever. But i cannot cosign on the just get better argument especially when it comes to this game and zoning. Zoning someone out in this game is braindead easy in this game zoning someone out is infinitely easier than trying to get in on someone zoning you out. The metagame of zoning vs getting in is far from balanced in this game, and that can lead to frustration.

jaym7018

Noob
Doesn't need to be one move, you're losing to that one move, how come high level players make it look diverse and only scurbs make it look like the game is one move?
This is only kind of true. Im sorry but even pro supermans is a flowchart of f23 did it hit ? Do it again into mb ice breath then combo. Did it get blocked? Ice breath and repeat f23 ice breath till it hits.

dmnc011m

PSN: KomboDrop
Spammers are the easiest to beat, it just takes a small about of learning the game. Patience young padawan. Dash in, block, dash in, punish.

No one on forums like this is complaining about someone doing "the same move over and over." You wrote a whole page addressing people that will never see it. You should be ashamed. People get pissed when they lose. It happens. Move on.

RYX

BIG PUSHER
I agree that everyone should own their loss. Ill never accuse someone of spam or whatever. But i cannot cosign on the just get better argument especially when it comes to this game and zoning. Zoning someone out in this game is braindead easy in this game zoning someone out is infinitely easier than trying to get in on someone zoning you out. The metagame of zoning vs getting in is far from balanced in this game, and that can lead to frustration.
That's generally how it is in the early stages of fighters. :16Bit

Juggs

Lose without excuses
Lead Moderator
Premium Supporter
No one on forums like this is complaining about someone doing "the same move over and over." You wrote a whole page addressing people that will never see it. You should be ashamed. People get pissed when they lose. It happens. Move on.
You must be new.

jaym7018

Noob
That's generally how it is in the early stages of fighters. :16Bit
No it isnt. At least not in the ones i play. And if it was like in the case of sagat in vanilla sf4 or nu13 in vanilla blazblue its cause those characters were OP.

RYX

BIG PUSHER
You should scroll up.