What's new

General/Other - Cutthroat All these new "Kano" players coming up.....I WONDER WHY

AK L0rdoftheFLY

I hatelove this game
Why do you say Takeda? I feel like its a 5-5 imo.
Maybe its a personal crutch...but his strings into kunai and everything out range and space everything Kano has. I have to get in and stay in. However, if Takeeda gets in first, I'm playing his game without a good option for reversal.

All Kano's reversals struggle against his pushback. ex upball whiffs, ex bf 3 cancel whiffs too. I'd be happy to hear some advice on how to approach it.

JesterSMX

It's too laggy to poke...
I main Shaolin and I just think CT complements the play style. I think Shaolin can be overwhelmed by run cancel characters and CT has the plus frames and fast safe armor to deal with them. I'm not switching. Just adding him to the team.

Red Hood MKX

Mercenary dog
Maybe its a personal crutch...but his strings into kunai and everything out range and space everything Kano has. I have to get in and stay in. However, if Takeeda gets in first, I'm playing his game without a good option for reversal.

All Kano's reversals struggle against his pushback. ex upball whiffs, ex bf 3 cancel whiffs too. I'd be happy to hear some advice on how to approach it.
Im kinda lost for words on the takeda match up too him and shinnok gives kano the most trouble atleast in the grandmaster match up you can pick cybernetic but there is no counter pick for takeda and shinnok

What been doing against takeda is using meter burn straight ball no cancel to just blown through the gaps in his long reaching strings that way i can at least pressure him on knockdown same with shinnok and hell sparks

TyCarter35

Bonafide Jax scrub
I picked up CT only cause I had been looking for a new pocket char for so long. Also he has good footsies which suits me personally and has options to mix up. Although the only thing annoying me is how his throw seems to whiff a lot /: as I do like to establish the throwing game

Still loses to Grandmaster, Still struggles against shinnok (Kano in general i think still struggles). Those are the main two. And I will pick either or.
Played close to 1000 matches against my brothers shinnok and I feel like the match up has extremely improved with the buffs to D3 and D4

Youphemism

Gunslinger since pre patch (sh/out to The Farmer)
Maybe one day NRS will learn not to touch what's not broken.

Twice.
Still loses to Grandmaster, Still struggles against shinnok (Kano in general i think still struggles). Those are the main two. And I will pick either or.
You reckon he loses to Shinnok? Bone Shaper or all of them?
Oh hey look, the downplaying stopped.
The only person downplaying him is that ragnarokz guy, I don't think anyone else has thought he wasn't stupid lol.

AK L0rdoftheFLY

I hatelove this game
I always thought he was the best var and been playing him while most kano mains were still cyber. I picked him because he was underplayed and under utilized. oh well. Good thing I don't like this game.

AK L0rdoftheFLY

I hatelove this game
Im kinda lost for words on the takeda match up too him and shinnok gives kano the most trouble atleast in the grandmaster match up you can pick cybernetic but there is no counter pick for takeda and shinnok

What been doing against takeda is using meter burn straight ball no cancel to just blown through the gaps in his long reaching strings that way i can at least pressure him on knockdown same with shinnok and hell sparks
yea but that is just such an unsafe option. Oh well I guess I can't always get a full combo on an armor interrupt...lol

ArmedCalf

I guess I play Necromancer now.. PSN: ArmedCalf
Man I still need a pie chart shown to me about how he loses to Shinnok. Maybe Bone Shaper but I don't see how he loses to the other variations.

Another stupid hype train, where no one Is going to do shit with him in tourney
I've been a firm believe for a while that if enough of offline crew went in with Kano's, Johnny's and Jax's - we'd see at least one of each make top 8

ando1184

Noob
I always thought he was the best var and been playing him while most kano mains were still cyber. I picked him because he was underplayed and under utilized. oh well. Good thing I don't like this game.
Idk to me Kano in general felt like the perfect outline poster child for this game, or at least how this game was supposed to be. He literally had a variation to compensate the next and vice versa. He is a jack of all trades and was meant to handle any situation based on the opponent. I've always thought each variation was besting in its own right based on how you're supposed to play certain matchups. I'm proud to be a Kano player, especially that now people are actually afraid of him for once.

ando1184

Noob
I kinda don't like short range on his normals though.

Also down pokes aren't that plus on hit:
That's why we (Kano community) don't think he's truly OP, in reference to the top tiers of this game. This is by far nrs' most balanced game hands down

Edit: don't get me wrong he's really good but still can't go on complete autopilot and expect to win. His air ball and Kano ball are still full combo punishable on block and we have to burn a bar to wakeup safely (ex up ball still randomly whiffs sometimes), he takes 15% dot for the entire buff duration, and to top it all off 11 still whiffs vs some crouch blocking hitboxes.

thlityoursloat

kick kick
Because CT definitely deserved to get more significant buffs than Cyber and Commando.
Oh well, I'll still play Commando only because of rib erotica.