What's new

General/Other - Cutthroat All these new "Kano" players coming up.....I WONDER WHY

TheGangstaFace

Psn, Xbox, Twitter: TheGangstaFace
f2 it's a mid
Oh, I know that lol. I was talking about kano in defense. Have you played against alien? EVERY alien player does a tail flip then d1 right afterwards and if you keep blocking expecting the d1 then they just do another string on you. Annoying af. And I don't wanna poke into a safe blade as my retaliation. If they block it then I'm back on defense. I'd prefer having the ball in my court and staying on the offense with staggers. I feel like with cybernetic I have better options. I hit back with a b1 and even if they block it I can stagger the string, throw ex blades for +5 or hit confirm into a full combo. Honestly I don't like kanos wake up options

Phosferrax

Original Liu Kang cop.
It's good but I feel like when I'm on the defense, if I'm playing against someone like alien with an overhead tail flip that's -7 I can't use a 12f move. Because if I'm not PERFECT with the timing he can d1 first and if I use a high then he ducks it and does a d1 lol. So with cybernetic I can do his b1 string and it leads to a combo
CT has s3 which is a 9f mid.

KH Royale

The truth is out..
There's such a sudden interest in Kano, particularly in Cutthroat. He was great before. Wonder why they're just now starting to come up. I wonder why only the cutthroat variation and not the other two that are also good. HMMMMMMMMMM

IN ANY CASE: I still welcome all new Kano players, and I do hope that you at least TRY the other 2 variations because they have a lot to offer although Cutthroat is the most effective one.
LEAVE MY HOMIE KANO ALONE -.-

freerf245

11 11 11 11
It's good but I feel like when I'm on the defense, if I'm playing against someone like alien with an overhead tail flip that's -7 I can't use a 12f move. Because if I'm not PERFECT with the timing he can d1 first and if I use a high then he ducks it and does a d1 lol. So with cybernetic I can do his b1 string and it leads to a combo
You're at an advantage though. Even if your opponent times his poke perfectly, you have 3 frames to hit a button before him. And if you can't do that and they continue to disrespect, then just check them with kanos d4 lol

ArmedCalf

I guess I play Necromancer now.. PSN: ArmedCalf
Also Kano was a beast before I agree, but let's talk about db1 being -5. Let's all form a circle and have an honest discussion about how this was the most unnecessary shit - even more so than Imposter's tele buff which was pretty fucking unnecessary. He now has a pretty safe neutral with this - which might be a reason why a ton of people are hopping on this bandwagon.

TheGangstaFace

You're at an advantage though. Even if your opponent times his poke perfectly, you have 3 frames to hit a button before him. And if you can't do that and they continue to disrespect, then just check them with kanos d4 lol
Actually I have 2f to press a button. He's -7 and his d1 is 7f. So basically that's 14f compared to my 12. Which offline wouldn't be a big deal but remember I'm an online warrior and they still have 2f of delay with the online :/

freerf245

11 11 11 11
Oh, I know that lol. I was talking about kano in defense. Have you played against alien? EVERY alien player does a tail flip then d1 right afterwards and if you keep blocking expecting the d1 then they just do another string on you. Annoying af. And I don't wanna poke into a safe blade as my retaliation. If they block it then I'm back on defense. I'd prefer having the ball in my court and staying on the offense with staggers. I feel like with cybernetic I have better options. I hit back with a b1 and even if they block it I can stagger the string, throw ex blades for +5 or hit confirm into a full combo. Honestly I don't like kanos wake up options
If you're letting someone get away with that, that is your problem, not the character's.

TakeAChance

TYM White Knight
Kano gets to go ham with excellent staggers, stupidly good mix-ups and massive damage with great corner carry. Also safe as fuck.

So fun!!!

TheGangstaFace

You get 30% combo for a bar off of a 9f mid string that is slightly minus on block.

Are you really going to neglect using this string that solves the issue you're talking about because you don't like it for some arbitrary reason?
No I just feel like it's hard to hit confirm off of. Maybe it's just me. You know when you first pick up a character and you're not used to them and you aren't as good at converting or confirming? That might just be the problem. Maybe I'll stick it out a little longer

TheGangstaFace

If you're letting someone get away with that, that is your problem, not the character's.
Did you read my comment about how there's 2 frames for me to do a f2 when there's 2 frames of delay online? Lol not the easiest thing. Plus I know I can check with the d4 then that's all fine and dandy but if they block it I'm -8. That's why I said I'd rather have cybernetic where I retaliate with a 9f mid where I can stagger the string if they block or ex blades that are +5 or hit confirm into a full combo

Somea2V

Thread Referee
Eh, I had a hardcore character crisis and decided to learn someone brand new. Never liked Kano, but liked grenades, knives and throws. So I'm here.

Airvidal

"You play weird" It's called being unorthodox ;)
Everybody can do what they want and play what they want. It's all good. I just wanted to state the facts. Im gunna counterpick every CT I see anyway so no big deal to me :)
Still loses to Grandmaster, Still struggles against shinnok (Kano in general i think still struggles). Those are the main two. And I will pick either or.
And I don't blame them, CT Kano simply got even better after all the patching.

What Shinnok variation would you counter pick them with?

Vigilante24

Beware my power, Red Lantern's Light
Ive always played Cyber and Commando since the beginning and even now I prefer them over Cutthroat. Knives are life, parrying feels good, I love giving hugs, and his tournament skin support my 2 variations. Oh and I need my B1!

FinalBoss_FGC

Day -4MONTHS Dual Jin main
There's such a sudden interest in Kano, particularly in Cutthroat. He was great before. Wonder why they're just now starting to come up. I wonder why only the cutthroat variation and not the other two that are also good. HMMMMMMMMMM

IN ANY CASE: I still welcome all new Kano players, and I do hope that you at least TRY the other 2 variations because they have a lot to offer although Cutthroat is the most effective one.
I've never asked new Shaolin mains to try either of the other variations.

I'd have to be one sick fuck to expect them to play Ancestral

MsMiharo

Kuff Bano
Also Kano was a beast before I agree, but let's talk about db1 being -5. Let's all form a circle and have an honest discussion about how this was the most unnecessary shit - even more so than Imposter's tele buff which was pretty fucking unnecessary. He now has a pretty safe neutral with this - which might be a reason why a ton of people are hopping on this bandwagon.
I'm not gonna argue it was NECESSARY but with the nerf to meter build and how meter intensive CT is I think this buff was............... well deserved.