What's new

General/Other - Alien Alien Suggested Fixes & Normalizations

REO

Undead
Here's my suggested changes for Alien

Alien:

- Blocking hurtbox now adjusted to act more accordingly and consistently against all characters and attacks.
- J+2 now normalized.
- J+3 bug causing whiffed air attacks to have no recovery now fixed.
- All tail based attacks now have hurtboxes.
- All tarkatan blade based attacks now have hurtboxes.
- Armor on EX Overhead Flip is now removed.
- Tail Sang (D,B+3) no longer has any pushback on block.
- B+3 animation has now been replaced with B+4 animation and range, but keeps all the same properties (aside from the range change).
- B+4 (sweep) animation has now been replaced with B+3 animation and range, but keeps all the same properties (aside from the range change).
- Xeno Strike (D,F+3) can now be parried.
- Xeno Pounce (D,F+3+BLK) can now be parried.
- Tail Flip (B,F+4) can now be parried.
- Tail Slam (B,F+4+BLK) can now be parried.

Acidic:
- Any ground based acid attack no longer grants the first hit bonus meter award.
- All acid puddles left from any version of Exo Sting projectile (D,B+2) no longer kills the opponent. (Acid Blood puddle [D,B+4] will still kill and is unchanged)

Tarkatan:
- Tarkatan Rush (B,F+2) final hit with Blade Sweep (4) can no longer be made +3 on block. It can now be made up to -1 with maximum delay.
- Tarkatan Rush (B,F+2) final hit with Painful Slam (2) no longer low crushes or is immune to certain low attacks or reversals.
- EX Tarkatan Fury (B,F+2+BLK) final hits all keep the same properties and remain unchanged.

Post what you guys think should change for Alien if there is another patch or hotfix.

Dankster Morgan

It is better this way
I agree with 95% of these. At first I would have been against the changes to ex flip but the more I have been using Alien recently, I realize how bullshit that move really is. Plus if Acidic players wanted the armor launcher, they could have it in Tarkatan, and give more purpose to the variation system. I do think the rekkas are fine as is though and don't need any further changes.

DarksydeDash

You know me as RisingShieldBro online.
For Konjurer, the only thing that variation here's us to he able to preform egg to egg combos. By that I mean if a combo has a facehugger, you can't end it with another egg summon.

Also 54 startup frames is a little to large for the egg call. I suggest bringing it down to 45.

tafka Djinn

One for three off the roof
For Konjurer, the only thing that variation here's us to he able to preform egg to egg combos. By that I mean if a combo has a facehugger, you can't end it with another egg summon.

Also 54 startup frames is a little to large for the egg call. I suggest bringing it down to 45.
Yeah, I feel it's really stupid that Hunter, and GM get to recycle their trap, but Konjurer doesn't. Klone to klone, snag to snag, egg to egg; I just want move type parity!

MK_Al

Noob
Most important:
Alien can not cancel long ranged pokes into specials (as an alternative to tail hurtboxes; which prob won't happen...)

tatterbug4

Bug of tater's
Every time I see one of the threads by reo I automatically expect to see something like "this poke has a hurt box"

But I would love to see alien nerfed

E

Eldriken

Every time I see one of the threads by reo I automatically expect to see something like "this poke has a hurt box"

But I would love to see alien nerfed
Wouldn't you say it's to be expected? The tail part for sure. The rekkas? Meh, it's whatever. But the tail SHOULD have a hurtbox as it is a part of Alien's body.

But either way, this seems like a reasonable list.

Invincible Salads

Seeker of knowledge
dont' agree with all the tail attacks having a hurt box, maybe some but not all?

exflip should keep its armor

don't get why you replace b3 with b4

hkriderz

Lin Kuei Scum, yellow robot enthusiast

Alien:

- Blocking hurtbox now adjusted to act more accordingly and consistently against all characters and attacks.
- J+2 now normalized.
- B+3 animation has now been replaced with B+4 animation and range, but keeps all the same properties (aside from the range change).
- B+4 (sweep) animation has now been replaced with B+3 animation and range, but keeps all the same properties (aside from the range change).

Acidic:
- Any ground based acid attack no longer grants the first hit bonus meter award.
- All acid puddles left from any version of Exo Sting projectile (D,B+2) no longer kills the opponent. (Acid Blood puddle [D,B+4] will still kill and is unchanged)

Tarkatan:
- Tarkatan Rush (B,F+2) final hit with Blade Sweep (4) can no longer be made +3 on block. It can now be made up to -1 with maximum delay.
- Tarkatan Rush (B,F+2) final hit with Painful Slam (2) no longer low crushes or is immune to certain low attacks or reversals.
- EX Tarkatan Fury (B,F+2+BLK) final hits all keep the same properties and remain unchanged.

Post what you guys think should change for Alien if there is another patch or hotfix.
I agree with 99% of the changes, but EX overhead flip should keep its armor but the air version. I don't see why that should be removed from the ground version. It's not particularly fast, and it's his main launcher in acidic and konjurer needs it more I think.

Other than that, maybe rekkas have less blockstun when delayed more on the second hit, and crawl and pounce have wider window to punish ( seriously it's like he recovers instantly sometimes ).

Love the tail range normalization idea though. Good stuff!

Pig Of The Hut

Day 0 Phenomenal Dr. Fate and Darkseid player

Alien:

- J+2 now normalized.

Acidic:

Tarkatan:

Would the new b4 be special cancellable ?

haketh

Noob
dont' agree with all the tail attacks having a hurt box, maybe some but not all?

exflip should keep its armor

don't get why you replace b3 with b4
EX Flip with armor is WAY to good a tool in neutral, it's quick for how much space it takes up, can be hard to punish when spaced for some characters, leads to good damage

E

Eldriken

and ice clone deserves to be god against every character too right?
Is that even remotely close to what I'm saying? Other characters have to deal with it without using their limbs, so why should Alien get that perk? If any other character's limb touches that thing, they're frozen. Alien's tail is directly connected to his body, thus it is a limb, thus it ought to follow the same rules as every other character's limbs.

D'Vorah shouldn't have this perk either. Some may not consider her ovipostors as limbs, but they still shouldn't function the way they do against the clone.

While not every character should have a universal way to deal with every tool in the game, two characters should not be protected from something that every other character in the game has to deal with due to how the game is supposed to work.

Limb + contact with ice clone = frozen.

Ze Dingo

D4->F2 = unblockable. Ice Clone = unpunishable.
Rekka shouldn't become safer on delay. The mindgame of delay already exists, why add a layer to it? Make it like Yang or Fei Long where you actually have to hitconfirm it or use the delay as a mind-game.

Invincible Salads

Seeker of knowledge
EX Flip with armor is WAY to good a tool in neutral, it's quick for how much space it takes up, can be hard to punish when spaced for some characters, leads to good damage
then make it more negative then? takign away its armor would leave alien with only pounce or tail snag for armor options , having no armor would make the move pretty useless aside from taking a big risk on a 50/50, i know i'd barely ever use the move if it had no armor.