What's new

General/Other - Alien Alien Suggested Fixes & Normalizations

Invincible Salads

Seeker of knowledge
whatever, its all just speculation and wishful thinking anyways. Whatever changes do come, if i don't like em ill just stop using the character, simple as that.

Poshib

The Artman
I agree with all of the changes above, but I would throw these in there also.

- F1 is now a high
- F134 now has less block stun on all hits allowing opponents to armor or attempt to backdash if Alien cancels into a special move
- Tail Flip (B,F+4) now has an slightly elevated hurt box on recovery allowing opponents to punish more consistently

haketh

Noob
then make it more negative then? takign away its armor would leave alien with only pounce or tail snag for armor options , having no armor would make the move pretty useless aside from taking a big risk on a 50/50, i know i'd barely ever use the move if it had no armor.
Making it more negative wouldn't change why that move is REALLY dumb at all. And yeah they would only have Snag & Pounce as armor, which is fine. They're a strong ass character, they shouldn't have it all.

DarksydeDash

You know me as RisingShieldBro online.
I suggest making a gap after f134.

So it would be like f13 gap 4.

Also 1,2 should he high mid.

Lastly u3 in acidic should not be full-screen, but about the range of Shinnoks scepter scoop.

REO

Undead
Rekka shouldn't become safer on delay. The mindgame of delay already exists, why add a layer to it? Make it like Yang or Fei Long where you actually have to hitconfirm it or use the delay as a mind-game.
No, I agree. The added mindgames, chip, meter gain, SUPER EASY HIT CONFIRM INTO FULL COMBO, neutral enhancer, etc. is enough at doing it's job as Rekkas. The only reason I didn't put that nerf is because players would go ape and be like "omg Tarkatan is now ruined and bottom tier because rekkas have been turned into actual rekkas". Really don't feel like dealing with that drama right now, lol. Also can't forget about Tanya's rekkas that are even more advantageous than Tarkatan's with delays.

I know Rekkas in literally every other fighting game do not have variable or changing frame data when they are delayed or not. That would be absurd. Even in Super Smash Bros. games (like Melee) there are Rekka characters like Marth & Roy who have perfectly designed Rekkas that do NOT change frame data when they are delayed.

MKX's unique take on Rekkas is cool but it's a little too much to have it tacked onto something that requires NO meter and NO resources. Maybe have these version of MKX rekkas only added to the EX versions for some extra fluff.

RVB

twitch.tv/rvblacktail
whatever, its all just speculation and wishful thinking anyways. Whatever changes do come, if i don't like em ill just stop using the character, simple as that.
So all that crap you said about SZ's Klone and Alien's limbs was for nothing.

Why do people complain about things on TYM when at the end of the day they couldn't give 2 shits about whatever was being discussed?

E

Eldriken

So all that crap you said about SZ's Klone and Alien's limbs was for nothing.

Why do people complain about things on TYM when at the end of the day they couldn't give 2 shits about whatever was being discussed?
I think he made the conscious decision to stop debating it once fair points were made. =P

Invincible Salads

Seeker of knowledge
I think he made the conscious decision to stop debating it once fair points were made. =P
nope i just got sick of arguing. And its not like im tied down to the character, so whatever, if they nerf him like the way thats being suggested ill be more than happy to not use that character anymore.

E

Eldriken

nope i just got sick of arguing. And its not like im tied down to the character, so whatever, if they nerf him like the way thats being suggested ill be more than happy to not use that character anymore.
I wouldn't even look at it like it was arguing. We were keeping it civil and posting our thoughts on the matter based on what the other person said. *shrug*

So, in light of that, why not DISCUSS what it is about your opinion that differs from my own? Explain why, in fair detail, you think that Alien's tail should ignore the clone in any way. Explain how it makes sense. "It's for balance" or anything like that isn't an explanation of how it makes sense. I just want to know why you feel it's necessary.

Pig Of The Hut

Day 0 Phenomenal Dr. Fate and Darkseid player
Basically his sweep (new B+4) is the long half screen low attack that gives a hard knockdown on hit and can't be special cancelled which is currently his B+3 animation.

His new B+3 = his old sweep normal range (B+4) that has similar range to his F+4 overhead.

I think it's way more balanced this way, IMO.
Yea just making sure

That's way better

If they MUST keep b3 the way it is I had an idea that b3 into any special can be armored

Invincible Salads

Seeker of knowledge
I wouldn't even look at it like it was arguing. We were keeping it civil and posting our thoughts on the matter based on what the other person said. *shrug*

So, in light of that, why not DISCUSS what it is about your opinion that differs from my own? Explain why, in fair detail, you think that Alien's tail should ignore the clone in any way. Explain how it makes sense. "It's for balance" or anything like that isn't an explanation of how it makes sense. I just want to know why you feel it's necessary.
because the clone and moves like it already controls space well enough and even takes a projectile for subzero, whats wrong with characters having moves that are technically limbs but still function as weapons. Forget using the fact that its a part of their body as a reason for the argument, because what if it wasnt and it still did the same thing, people would still say it should have its own hurtbox. And subzero is the main thing that comes to mind why people would be saying this.

im feeling more like i should just avoid threads like this, they give me headaches after a while.

ando1184

Noob
Instead of flip having armor, why not just give his ex crawl armor? It's punishable to all hell on block and is cancel able. At least then he's actually taking a risk at the expense of the bar and he still keeps an armored combo starter like the majority of the cast in this game. I wanna see alien nerfed and fixed too, but not neutered. I just hope he's not gonna receive the "Tanya" treatment......

Marinjuana

Up rock incoming, ETA 5 minutes
He can deal with ice clone like everyone else. He shouldn't be able to use a limb to go through the clone. No character should.
I really don't see why it being a limb really matters. Outside of the quality of the normals and specials it's not really different from a character with a weapon like Bartitsu or Kung Jin. I don't feel that strongly about it either way, but I just don't see why Alien and D'vorah would be singled out over some other characters. Though I do think making hurtboxes all on weapons and long limbs could create some wonkiness, perhaps for the best but I'm not so sure.

The real answer is to just remove GM and Alien from the game :DOGE

omooba

fear the moobs
a lot of this are pointless imo and don't fix the main problem with the character which is safe 50/50 into safe 50/50. the only nerf he needs is remove the low f1,2,3 or make bf4 more unsafe. every other nerf is just an unnecessary luxury. the hitbox thing will really only help in the sub zero match up because the better option will still be to make the tails whiff and punish. and again if you are giving these moves a hurtbox every other move with range especially kung jin's better have a hurtbox

E

Eldriken

because the clone and moves like it already controls space well enough and even takes a projectile for subzero, whats wrong with characters having moves that are technically limbs but still function as weapons. Forget using the fact that its a part of their body as a reason for the argument, because what if it wasnt and it still did the same thing, people would still say it should have its own hurtbox. And subzero is the main thing that comes to mind why people would be saying this.

im feeling more like i should just avoid threads like this, they give me headaches after a while.
What do you mean "whats wrong with characters having moves that are technically limbs but still function as weapons."? It wouldn't be an issue if something like this applied to the majority of the cast. It applies to one specific character at the moment and a second character (D'Vorah) is awfully close to having the same thing if her ovipostors were considered limbs. Alien pretty much doesn't have a rule applying to him that applies to the rest of the cast, barring D'Vorah.

If something that wasn't a part of their body did this, then it wouldn't be an issue BECAUSE IT ISN'T A PART OF THEIR BODY. That's the whole debate here. You can't "forget" using the source of the debate. Weapons clearly shouldn't be affected by the clone because it's an inanimate object. Who cares if it were to get frozen? The person holding said weapon wouldn't be affected by it.

If you take your hand and put it in liquid nitrogen, it's gonna freeze and hurt like hell. If you use the same hand and put a stick in the liquid nitrogen instead, you wouldn't be affected as the stick isn't a part of your body. Using weapons as a counter argument to limbs being affected is asinine. They are not one and the same. Oh, and I know I just used a real life situation to prove my point for a game, but let's not try and single that out when it backs up my point.

Dankster Morgan

It is better this way

You say that like characters without weird no hurtbox attacks are all screwed and stand no chance vs Sub-Zero. Jacqui, Mileena, Ermac, Tremor, and several others can do veeeeerry well vs Sub WITHOUT some fucked up no hurtbox limb.