What's new

Guide - Acidic Acidic Online guide, What Combos to use in what connection!

MadeOfMetal

Kenshi Srubtastic,Cyrax, Special Forces Mains
I wanted to put together an Acidic Online Guide, short and simple. many others iv'e seen online complain about the complexity of some of Aliens Intermediate and above Combos,Setups, and OKI enders being to difficult to pull off online. and from what i herd was the general consesus on youtube was just that, most videos combo videos where to hard to pull off Online.

well hopefully after this the general public mostly casuals will know what Combos is easier to do in a 200ms+ connection and whats ok to do in a 100ms connection and what is ok to use below 100MS connections.

My button key is:

1= X on (XB1) and Square on (PS4)
2= Y on (XB1) and Triangle on (PS4)
3= A on (XB1) and X on (PS4)
4= B on (XB1) and Circle on (PS4)

Notation:

RC= Run Cancel
EX=Enhanced Special
XX=Cancel
D= Down on Dpad
U= Up on Dpad
F= Forward on Dpad
B= Backwards on Dpad

Combo Tier Explination:

• 200ms connection combos
  • 100ms connections combos
  • 99ms and below combos
What these translate to are 3 difficulties i will categorize the combos in 3 tiers:

• Expert
  • Intermediate
  • Easy
  • If you are in a 200ms connection or above use Easy combo's only
  • If you are in 100ms or below use Intermediate and Easy Combos
  • If you are in 99ms or below connection use All 3 Expert,Intermediate and Easy Combos.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

By all means my thread will not have the best damaging combos or all available combos, starters or enders. but will have enough to get those Online Warriors using Acidic Alien Effectively.

Main Gameplan for Alien
the gameplan for Alien is to use many of Her strings to launch them into the corner, and while doing so stack Poision damage on the way, almost every tool in Aliens arsenal is ment for Space control and Launching them to corner.

F4 is a great AA that knocks back, U3 AA's mid range jumpins and Jump range JIP's. F134 string sends them flying, DF3 (Xeno Strike) is also ment for that extra range, and anti jumpin's as well as Anti NJP's and can be used to put them on puddles in corner and keep them there.

once you get them in the corner, your goal is to Mix up and launch them up, so you can, get the Restands going after stacking Acid on them while in juggles. U3, D4, Acid Blood and Exo Sting are great for Stacking.
what you probably don't know is everything is situational, even though it may not be hard to mix them up with aliens plethora of Mixups, it is hard to guess how they are gonna get out in the corner.
F13 xx EX Tail Flip, U3, NJP, U3, 33 xx Acid Blood - 35-45%
is a great Mixup and Stack combo into Restand with Acid blood that leaves you mildly plus. the issue is keeping them in the corner and in that puddle thats the challeng, if you use Her best MID F1 frame perfect after they get caught in Acid Blood restand, they can not Jump over and out. but what they can do is Beat out your 10 Frame mid with an 8 frame Normal or faster poke string or starter,
that means you where only Plus 1 after that Acid Blood maybe Plus 2. but if you use his Low starters like B113 they can low profile poke that first hit with anything faster than 11 frames. and if you use the B3 Tail flip starter than they can Jump over you and out of corner, and out of puddle.

its all in guessing what they will do before you execute but also doing it quickly so they don't have even more options.
but what they always will have the option for is Armoring out of corner with any character with an armor. be ready to bait if you think they will, but essentially its all a guess game.​

Midscreen Meterless

B11U4,rc, B11U4,rc,F23 xx Exo Sting-30ish (Expert)
F134 xx Xeno Strike-20%ish (easy)
214 xx Xeno Strike-18%ish (easy)

B11U4, F13 xx Exo Sting- 24% ish (intermediate)

Midscreen 1bar

F134 xx Ex Crawl, F23 xx Acid Blood -35%ish (Easy)
214, Ex Crawl xx F23 xx Acid Blood-31%ish (Easy)

Ex Tail Flip, rc, 33 xx Acid Blood-23%ish (Intermediate)
F13-EXBF4, Run Cancel - F134-DF3 (Intermediate)
F134 xx Ex Crawl,B11U4, rc , F23 xx Exo Sting-40% (Intermediate)
214 xx Ex Tail Flip, rc, F134 xx Xeno Strike-33% (Intermediate)

Ex Tail Flip,rc, B11U4,rc,F23 xx Xeno Strike-29% (Expert)

Corner Meterless
B11U4,B11U4,F134 xx Xeno String-31% (Intermediate)
214 xx Acid Blood-21% (Easy)
F134 xx Acid Blood-26% (Easy)
B11U4, U3, F134 xx Xeno Strike(DF3)- 33% (Easy)
B11U4, NJP, U3, F134 xx Xeno Strike-34% (Expert)
B11U4, NJP, U3, 33 xx Acid Blood 35-40% (Expert)

Combo below made by:Me All Credit goes to@SkyratiK
since he came up with the D1 to make it easier to NJP ;)

B11U4,D1,NJP,U3,33 xx Acid Blood - 37% Easy Restand its Plus 2 after Acid Blood
B11U4, D1, NJP, U3, 33 xx Tail Snag for HKD ender (Easy) (Female Friendly)

B11U4,D1,NJP,U3,33 xx Xeno Strike for HKD ender (Easy) (Female Friendly)

Corner 1 bar
F134 xx Ex Tail Flip, NJP, U3,F134 xx Xeno Strike-43% (Intermediate)
214 xx Ex Tail Flip, NJP, U3,F134 xx Xeno Strike-38% (Intermediate)
F4 xx Ex Tail Flip, NJP,U3,F134 xx Xeno Strike-37% (Intermediate)
B3 xx Ex Tail Flip, NJP,U3,F134 xx Xeno Strike-37% (intermediate)
F134 xx EX Tail Flip, NJP, U3, 33 xx Acid Blood - 36-46% (Intermediate)

F13 xx EX Tail Flip, U3, NJP, U3, 33 xx Acid Blood - 35-45% (Expert) Not Female Friendly

B3 xx EX Tail Flip, U3, 33 xx Acid Blood- 25-35% (Easy)
F4 xx EX Tail Flip, U3, 33 xx Acid Blood- 25-35% (Easy)

214 xx EX Tail Flip, U3, NJP, U3, 33 xx Acid Blood- follow up Throw-55-60% (Expert) Not Female Friendly
B3 xx EX Tail Flip, NJP, U3, D2, EX Quick Dash, F23434 xx Acid Blood- Situational F + Throw (Intermediate) <Uppercut combo>
Any Combos that have U3 two times in them like EX Tail Flip,U3,NJP,U3,33 xx Acid Blood are not Female Friendly, this means they are very difficult to land on Female Characters: Cassie, Mileena, Sonya, D'vorah, Jacqui, Tanya make it Hard to land these combos, and even harder Online.
The trick is to change it up a bit, simply remove the U3 before the neutral jump punch. it makes the Combo 10x easier, and the input timing easy even on 250ms connections.

Many more combos and tech to come, as well as many more simple and complex combos to be added, a work in progress. add a combo, and i will give you your due credit above it. I took some combos from a @lookgirlitsteejay thread:
>Molecular Acid thread click here<

because that thread was awesome, and even though I knew most of those combos. I want those members to get the credit. because they have done so much for the alien community.

Credit to @lookgirlitsteejay , @SkyratiK
these are the users i speak of! i Tip my hat to them!

Now some of you may not have a hard time landing these combos at all, that could be a combination of your TV's Input Delay, Controller/Hitbox Delay, Internet, Skill level, or Muscle Memory. but there are people with any of these working against them as well as Casuals who have a hard time with combos. That's what this guide is, i ask the whole of TYM Alien Acidic Players to contribute so others who are not as good as we are or have other complications working against them can get better with Acidic Alien.

Last edited:

MadeOfMetal

214 xx EX Tail Flip, U3, NJP, U3, 33 xx Acid Blood- follow up Throw-55-60% (Expert) Not Female Friendly
This can be escaped by either Armor, Jump out, or duck/low profiling strings. but since they have to guess what you are following up with or if you are baiting armor it is viable.

Last edited:

MadeOfMetal

First Combo: 39% - 58%

B3 xx EX Tail Flip, NJP, U3, D2, EX Quick Dash, F23434 xx Acid Blood- Situational F + Throw (Intermediate)

Second Combo: 24% - 53%
B11U4, D1, NJP, U3, 33 xx Acid Blood (Easy) (Female Friendly)

Last edited:

ABACABB

End Of Humanity
Idk I have one set of combos and setups and use them all the time,if connection Is so bad that I cant land them I just quit playing this person lol .
But tbh alien combos are easy for me ,rarely I drop anyting., b11u4 rc b11u4 rc f23 can be tricky but its doable.

FuzzyDunlop

AC/DC Bag > Ghost
lol if you have trouble landing any of Alien's strings even in the worst of lag, they are a joke, much like the character

x TeeJay o

Canary Cry Gapless Pressure
Thanks for the tags bro. Honestly, i just use the combos in the acidic guide simply cause they are generally the best and most efficient ones. So nothing to add. You kno @TheGangstaFace ? LOL we play like everyday that's the homie

TheGangstaFace

Psn, Xbox, Twitter: TheGangstaFace
@STB Hellbringer
@Apex Kano
@lookgirlitsteejay (props to your last thread on Alien Acidic, it was awesome and very enlightening. i tip my hat to you, and ask you to join mine)
@ATP2014
@ABACABB
@SkyratiK
@TheGangstaFace (hey bro we gonna play some sets or practice?)
@21122
@Vjeekes
@KHTC Takgillo
@Tweedy
@KHAOTIC True Grave
@Aqueous_Echo

you guys have anything to add.... ?
Nothing to add as I don't play Alien so idk his optimal combos and such. I will say if you plan on entering any tournament at all, you should at the least know how to compete against this character. And if not that at least learn his mixups so you can fuzzy. @Tweedy worked me with Alien a long while back and I had to do my homework.

Last week of ESL I fought cR Dragon and lost 3-2. Big step forward just in labbing against Alien offense and oki options especially against #2/#3 in the world. No complaints from that set. Anyway, that's all I can do is recommend going to the lab and seeing how your character competes against him.

Olcadan13

mkx apologist
My favorite meterless Alien combo is B11U4, SUPER QUICK RC F134 pounce for like 29%. Only works on male characters because hitboxes. Super easy and effective once you get the cancel down

MadeOfMetal

Idk I have one set of combos and setups and use them all the time,if connection Is so bad that I cant land them I just quit playing this person lol .
But tbh alien combos are easy for me ,rarely I drop anyting., b11u4 rc b11u4 rc f23 can be tricky but its doable.
yeah but even i have had trouble on 200ms ping connections at times. with the timing if you go back 3 frames on an already 3 frame delay online, you could miss the link for RC F23 Acid Blood. and not get the restand or EXo Stack, if you know what i mean, and corner combos, involving the U3 into NJP into another U3 are very tight, but super rewarding. forces opponent to use a normal 8 frames or faster if alien follows up with another F134 10 frame mid

Last edited:

MadeOfMetal

Nerf that fucker to death. Meaning u tagged the wrong guy
MAd respect for your playstyle, but i 100% completely disagree with your statement. She has already been Nerfed and B alanced, the character is a very strong top tier, but there is nothing unfair in her arsenal of tools moves and tricks. the ranged has slow startup to compensate for being long range. 2 of the mixups are very negative on block (F34/B34). the tail flip is safe on blkock, but does not launch, so what plenty characters have this in the game, safe oh's/lows are not a new thing in MKXL. The acid is nothing new, neither are the stacks, Venomous, Noxious have this as well. Alien i do admit has better tools to utilize them in corner to make them stack better, but they removed the ability to End game with them, the bleed won't take game point. you have to trade after that to finish it. so thats fair, the Acid Blood which was called OP before, is not anywhere op anymore, first of all its not a vortex anymore, there is a gap to armor and backdash certain startups. in corner you can either armor or jump out and in some circumstances you can normal out,lol. fair and once again nothing new. the mixups like mad that she has off, 214 and B113 and F134, are great but not game breaking, nothing calles for nerfs. many characters have the ability to mix you up in multiple ways. Kano, Reptile, Cassie, Sonya, Kotal, Mileena, Kung Jin shall i go on, i won't. i have covered every single thing they have called cheap and if i haven't ill say this.

other things TYM considers broken, that Alien does not have and others do. She Does not have HTB's, Vortexs, Resets, Cancel pressure, and Acidic does not have Jailing strings or unblockables. now while other characters have all of these tools, and keep them, do not point your finger at Alien Acidic. I am well known for being against Nerfing Characters just because they have a strong tool, or are ok/good at everything. i only wan't a character nerfed when they have something truly broken. like when Cyrax day of release i found a loopable unblockable reset, that could go up to 200%. that was broke and needed to be Nerfed, yes i a cyrax main was part of the nerf, but NRS did there usual dumb shit and nerfed all the wrong things on Triborg, and fucked up almost every version of Triborg beyond repair.

and because of NRS's tract record with nerfs gone wrong, is why we should be carful before casting judgment on others characters. just remember, if you think another character is broken, im 100% certain a good chunk of TYM finds something broken about your character, no matter who it is. this has been prven that The community wants all characters but there own nerfed. and will stop at nothing to throw them under the bus so they will come on top.

Last edited:

MadeOfMetal

Idk what I did lol but ok
anything talking about nerfing her, id like to keep out, other posts is fine, i believe you will contribute great tech and vermuch great knowledge. i thought you where ones that said, you felt he /she should be nerfed and thats all you could say.

the one above was great about needing to know MU knowledge on this character.

like if alien does the F13 xx EX Tail Flip, U3, NJP, U3, 33 xx Acid Blood - 35-45% (Expert) and follows with the F1 10 frame mid, opponent can not jump out, but they can armor, and use a 8 frame starter preferrably a 7 frame starter to interupt and stuff the F13 starter into the same F13 xx EX Tail Flip, U3, NJP, U3, 33 xx Acid Blood - 35-45% (Expert) or if they do a B1 EX Tail Flip starter they can Jump over and out.

shit like that and all is good info.

anything talking about nerfing her, id like to keep out, other posts is fine, i believe you will contribute great tech and vermuch great knowledge. i thought you where ones that said, you felt he /she should be nerfed and thats all you could say.

the one above was great about needing to know MU knowledge on this character.

like if alien does the F13 xx EX Tail Flip, U3, NJP, U3, 33 xx Acid Blood - 35-45% (Expert) and follows with the F1 10 frame mid, opponent can not jump out, but they can armor, and use a 8 frame starter preferrably a 7 frame starter to interupt and stuff the F13 starter into the same F13 xx EX Tail Flip, U3, NJP, U3, 33 xx Acid Blood - 35-45% (Expert) or if they do a B1 EX Tail Flip starter they can Jump over and out.

shit like that and all is good info.
Wasn't me who said to nerf alien lol but yeah u can untag me