What's new

General/Other A Foxy Challenge

Smarrgasm

What's a Smarrgasm?
Foxy just play pig on stream. It will be good matches and you can at least showcase your rain some. There's no other real way to do it unless you are planning to come back to the states for a tournament anytime soon. Just try to show people what you mean when you talk about him.

I personally have played pig with rain a lot and he just knows how to expose rains weaknesses. Even if I come up with something it might work once but he adjusts so quickly cause rains a pretty one minded character overall.

But I seriously am tired of everyone always saying rain is either over or underrated. There's only like 10 true rain players and people can look at the character and talk but until you play him at a decently high level you have no idea how good or bad he can be.

Indeed, it does apply to Raiden's F24 too. However, that is much better at AAing someone attempting to jump yet is easier to whiff punish. That doesn't really have anything to do with what we are talking about though.

As far as the other part, I believe Sonya has the best footsies tool in the game (her d4) and Foxy has said previously that Rains standing 4 is better than it. So, I figured that bringing any other normal into the comparison discussion would be fine.

Expanding on that, I personally don't agree with most people's use of normals in footsies but that is a whole different discussion that is better suited for a different thread.
i love sonya's d4, but i think the thing that can be a counter as the best footsies tool is liu's b3. It's safe, magnificent range, leads to a full combo that sends them to the corner, and is 10 frames and can blow up whiffed d4s/pokes and etc. It also blows up deep jump in kicks as well.

but if standing 4 connects on neutral crouch it means they still have be faster than the 10 frame standing 4 right?

doesnt the same apply to raiden f24? and that is a great move. and you cant compare it to kitana, she is top 2 with character with best normals in the game.
quite true, but d4s have more reach than his standing 4, so he'll have to close the distance first. d1s and d3s will always beat his standing 4 bcuz they are faster( of course d1 is unsafe so use d3 because that isn't combo punishable). Then you have to put into account the ppl who have standing normals with more speed or range like lao and kitana.

OZZYGUITAR

Back-dash Adam
I'm not talking out of my ass
I'm speaking from exp having played foxy rain and others

Using d4 range on hit or whiff d4 at worst makes his 4 whiff which I roll and ex RH or RH whiff as well

I fail to have ever seen the problem or threat here
i have to agree, the lack of range on both his standing 4 and rh really takes away his ability to use them as dangerous footsie tools, expecially against characters like sonya and mileena with ridiculous d4's, he would have to make a good read to even get past max d4 range,but whether or not rain is a viable character all i know is if you and foxy played, that stream would be off the dontay man

quite true, but d4s have more reach than his standing 4, so he'll have to close the distance first. d1s and d3s will always beat his standing 4 bcuz they are faster( of course d1 is unsafe so use d3 because that isn't combo punishable). Then you have to put into account the ppl who have standing normals with more speed or range like lao and kitana.
okay I will go into the lab more with rain since ive only played him for a few days. but what you just described here isnt horrible at all, this is less bs than most characters have to deal with. a 10 frame laucnhing mid will always be an incredible move.

I'm not talking out of my ass
I'm speaking from exp having played foxy rain and others

Using d4 range on hit or whiff d4 at worst makes his 4 whiff which I roll and ex RH or RH whiff as well

I fail to have ever seen the problem or threat here
Well my post was more of a question than a statement, thanks for answering anyway.

Pig Of The Hut

Day 0 Phenomenal Dr. Fate and Darkseid player
okay I will go into the lab more with rain since ive only played him for a few days. but what you just described here isnt horrible at all, this is less bs than most characters have to deal with. a 10 frame laucnhing mid will always be an incredible move.
Rain and Jade - the ultimate theory characters no one can win with in tourneys at high level (Hint: it's not the players fault)

BUT HE'S SOakED w armor

#coolStoryBro

A F0xy Grampa

Problem X Promotions
i have to agree, the lack of range on both his standing 4 and rh really takes away his ability to use them as dangerous footsie tools, expecially against characters like sonya and mileena with ridiculous d4's, he would have to make a good read to even get past max d4 range,but whether or not rain is a viable character all i know is if you and foxy played, that stream would be off the dontay man
Whats this Dontay talk about?

Is it about how awesome THTB is? :D

of course, 10 frame launchers definitely gdlk, look at liu kang haha.

Bildslash

Goro Lives 
First off, up close it is good, nothing wrong with it here. Good mixups involved with it, not much to say.

In footsies though, it has many issues:

1) It's range is severely over exaggerated, it's less than a normal D4 (let alone the extra long ones)

2) Another problem with using it in footsies is if the person jumps, you get blown up by full JIP combo, unlike many other good footsies tools (Kitanas f21, d3/d4, etc)

3) It's significantly more whiff punishable than other footsies tools

RunwayMafia

Shoot them. Shoot them all.
Ugh....Pig why are you so obsessed with these gauntlets? Foxy is too posh for this bully bullshit. :) Love you both

Crathen

Death is my business
The good thing about 4 RH is that's basically a 10 frame ( weirdly airbourne hitbox ) mid safe launcher with no need to hitconfirm to huge damage combos , on block it can also be cancelled with a dash wich is basically to bait them into the RH , it can also be cancelled into 3 wich still is Hc into lighting or bubble and leads to more damage or into another Rh mixup.

The fact that it's not needed to hitconfirm it is stand alone good , how many times players didn't hitconfirm their stuff in a match and that could have changed the round?

This is also why MITDJT is right about Lius b312 being one of the best footsie tools in the game.

However the situation and tools change between Lius and Rains respective b312 and 4 RH strings.

Rain gets major distance and not in a poke war , good spot for anti air too.

Liu always ends close to the opponent and stays in.

Liu has a better projectile game than most of the cast and can hold his own far away in the screen while building meter.

Rain has armor and it's cancellable into anything you want ( seriously guys EX RHc into lighting is a good tool in certain MU where you get outzoned ) , it's basically a flash parry with longer armor wich can get you in / interrupt / punish , seriously this is good.

Liu builds meter fastly and can keep out people to run the clock very well.

Rain gets more damage reward and depending on the MU he can build meter with RHc from afar.

Now here's the downside about 4rh : it can be punished easily by a jump punch into combo ( unlike lius b312 wich moves him forward and avoids crossjumps ) , and it has long duration on whiff with a standing hitbox.

Still it's good isn't it?Not top 10 material for sure but he's looking potential top 15 wich lbsh it's the place of the "may be or not be"top 10 characters TYM have always discussions on and do have chances to win a tournament.

I think Rain as an underused character wich hasn't been able to be seen at full potential yet , his metagame is hard to execute despise all the 4 RH goodness , it would take a very good player maining him and grinding the MUs.
Many prefer to label him as bad for convenience rather than by knowledge.

Pig Of The Hut

Day 0 Phenomenal Dr. Fate and Darkseid player
Doesn't rain do decent against kabal?
lol

No

IAGB 24/7 + High hit box + No way for rain to get in = GGs Bro

Rain is slower than a man on crutches. I should know, Im currently on them and I played Rain and i keep crutching down alleys and hallways thinking to myself "At least Im still faster than the god awful slow ass character Rain"

RunwayMafia

Shoot them. Shoot them all.
lol

No

IAGB 24/7 + High hit box + No way for rain to get in = GGs Bro

Rain is slower than a man on crutches. I should know, Im currently on them and I played Rain and i keep crutching down alleys and hallways thinking to myself "At least Im still faster than the god awful slow ass character Rain"
Is this your injury to your ankle? Hope you feel better...