What's new

7 Things You Need to Know About Gear (Video Reveal)

RoboCop

The future of law enforcement.
Administrator
Premium Supporter
i really hope that some kind of gear system makes it's way in MK.
It needs it! There are some variations I refuse to play just because the costume is awful. My Kitana needs her mask, Black needs his hat, and Kano's eye needs to be fucking red! No exceptions!

Azarashi Elder

Fut-SEAS....OF BLOOD!
For the majority of people that will buy this game, story mode, arcade mode and non-competitive player matches will be their IJ2 experience. They do. Not. Care about ranked and will never play it. So player matches have to be fun and in order for that to happen, people can't be allowed to buy gear (or coins to get gear) in order to ptw or game the system. If they back out of that the game dies quickly.

However, if you're allowed to buy characters, skins and shaders ONLY... It could work. Really, it's smart. Casuals are happy competitors are happy and they still get more than the $60.00 average from most of the players.

So... Let's hope!

trufenix

bye felicia
its fucking crazy how for so long NRS has been repellant to shaders and now, jesus 20+ options per character. We shot from the costume stoneage right past tekken goddamned tag 2. This is the kind of improvement you should expect from a legacy title.

Swindle

Philanthropist & Asshole
its fucking crazy how for so long NRS has been repellant to shaders and now, jesus 20+ options per character. We shot from the costume stoneage right past tekken goddamned tag 2. This is the kind of improvement you should expect from a legacy title.
Imagine how pissed everyone will be if they say "Gear, shaders...we feel that should just be an Injustice thing. But don't worry, we will have 'War of 1812' skins for three of your favorite MK fighters!"

WATCHD0G

Noob
yo Aquaman looks hella dope

it's getting harder and harder to say which character imma stick with when the game comes out

trufenix

bye felicia
Imagine how pissed everyone will be if they say "Gear, shaders...we feel that should just be an Injustice thing. But don't worry, we will have 'War of 1812' skins for three of your favorite MK fighters!"
plot twist, they were all guests in injustice 2 with tons of shaders

Pan1cMode

AUS FGC represent!
Can someone explain to me why microtransactions are so bad? I just don't see why having the option of some people buying currency or packs of random gear is a bad thing or how it adversely effects me in a game where gear is entirely optional.

EDIT: I especially don't get it when a steady revenue stream would likely mean a much longer support cycle for I2.
It makes the game pay to win.

I'm not opposed to being able to buy coins (in game currency) with real money which is what Derek seemed to be hinting at anyway.

Can you choose competitive mode in casual though? I mean on the vs screen what if someone wants gear and the other doesn't? I hope I'm wrong but this makes casual play be a free for all crazy "whoever has more gear will likely win", game.

trufenix

bye felicia
Can you choose competitive mode in casual though? I mean on the vs screen what if someone wants gear and the other doesn't? I hope I'm wrong but this makes casual play be a free for all crazy "whoever has more gear will likely win", game.
Having gear isn't going to erase the part where you suck.