What's new

7 Things You Need to Know About Gear (Video Reveal)

freerf245

11 11 11 11
When I heard of the gear system, I thought it was just a way for NRS to get in on the popularity of microtransactions right now. Glad that's not the case.

AA25Mamba

Batman, Scarecrow, Bane
They are going about the gear system the right way by having options to play with abilities or default characters for the competitive minded folk. They're also doing right by leaving micros out of it. That said, that will only work if the rate of earning in game currency is fair.

supernumian

Triborg Enthusiast
The gear system is a way for people to grind things by playing (and without paying).
This is something that goes farther then the competitive aspect and keep people playing even if they aren't that great like me.
It's rewarding and refreshing, I really like it.

freerf245

11 11 11 11
I'd like to point out that he never said you couldn't buy coins with real money, so I am a bit skeptical.

Otherwise I'm hype af for this system. It was my least favorite part about the game when it was announced but now it might be my favorite.

Lokheit

Noob
That's a cool t-shirt! I might look for it for a friend of mine that loves Harley and Alice.

They didn't rule out microtransactions, only that you wouldn't be able to purchase gear or chests, but it would be understandable if you could buy coins (grinding is hours you invest, which is work which is money so if you don't have the time it's ok).

Also interesting that they mentioned that ranked removes stats but they didn't say anything about abilities, as a member of the #tournamentWithAbilities team I hope you can play without stats but with custom movesets (even if it's just a third option).

Second Saint

A man with too many names.
Can someone explain to me why microtransactions are so bad? I just don't see why having the option of some people buying currency or packs of random gear is a bad thing or how it adversely effects me in a game where gear is entirely optional.

EDIT: I especially don't get it when a steady revenue stream would likely mean a much longer support cycle for I2.

Swindle

Philanthropist & Asshole
A lot of those shaders on the Harley screen were duplicates, but there were 14 unique ones. That's a lot of options.

TheGangstaFace

Psn, Xbox, Twitter: TheGangstaFace
Can someone explain to me why microtransactions are so bad? I just don't see why having the option of some people buying currency or packs of random gear is a bad thing or how it adversely effects me in a game where gear is entirely optional.

EDIT: I especially don't get it when a steady revenue stream would likely mean a much longer support cycle for I2.
It's fairly simple to see the problem. Typically micro transactions are shortcuts. If I spend $50 on gear for injustice 2, that probably equals a couple weeks of your time. It's just dumb. Plus some people actually LIKE to WORK for what they have. So if I have fun unlocking things the old fashioned way but Sweatpants Eddie pays $50, my hard work essentially amounts to nothing

SoundsLikePAUSE

Neptune's Beard!!!
It's fairly simple to see the problem. Typically micro transactions are shortcuts. If I spend $50 on gear for injustice 2, that probably equals a couple weeks of your time. It's just dumb. Plus some people actually LIKE to WORK for what they have. So if I have fun unlocking things the old fashioned way but Sweatpants Eddie pays $50, my hard work essentially amounts to nothing
lol Sweatpants Eddie. I get what you mean, but to be fair, there's also a lot of people out there who (for many different reasons) are simply too busy to grind hours everyday just to get that really cool helmet. Kind of sucks for them to not be able to experience the awesome gear just because of real life responsibilities.

Also, it can also be very useful for TO's who want all costumes unlocked for the competitors to use.