What's new

7 Things You Need to Know About Gear (Video Reveal)

TheGangstaFace

Psn, Xbox, Twitter: TheGangstaFace
this makes zero sense. If you like doing it and have fun... isn't that the entire point of a game. How dose someone you do not know and have nothing to do with affect your enjoyment of a game?
If you care to read through the thread I explain this

StormGoddess

Your mind tricks won't harm me!!!
Did i hear /understand this correctly-
Derek stated that shaders could change Supergirl to Powergirl?

DDustiNN

MK11 Pocket Guide: Koming Soon to the App Store
Did i hear /understand this correctly-
Derek stated that shaders could change Supergirl to Powergirl?
Yes. That's what they're calling "premier skins" and there are a few that are listed on the main site as pre-order bonuses. Power Girl is one of them.

The way they answer questions about the Gear system really concerns me.
First, why would you put all that effort into making hundreds of pieces for each character and also loot chest and some sort of currency system in the game that you can use to buy chests, etc,... ??
I mean that's like 90% of what a microtransaction system needs, all they have to do is to implement a way for the players to be able to purchase stuff with real money.
I know, they said a couple times that Injustice 2 is not pay to win but.........I don't know.

Now if the Gear system is the The main thing in the game and there's nothing else like Star labs missions (which I really liked back in IGAU) or different towers, etc, only then I can trust what they're saying. because then they won't have anything else to keep players interested.

Last edited:
It's fairly simple to see the problem. Typically micro transactions are shortcuts. If I spend $50 on gear for injustice 2, that probably equals a couple weeks of your time. It's just dumb. Plus some people actually LIKE to WORK for what they have. So if I have fun unlocking things the old fashioned way but Sweatpants Eddie pays $50, my hard work essentially amounts to nothing
Its not like its food or anything though its just virtual clothes lol

Jynks

some heroes are born, some made, some wondrous
There will 100% be a way to pay for gear. Whether it's buying currency than using it on chests or something there will be a way. remember this is a business after all
Haven't they said like a heap of times that it won't be a pay system? LIke he even says it in this video.

Also, I'm not sure it would matter anyway.. While I love the dress up idea, he said standard RANKED is basically competitive mode.. so all gear is disabled anyway.. so how is it EVER going to be pay to win.. as what you pay for (if you are able to at all) will have NO EFFECT in "winning"

Now if the Gear system is the The main thing in the game and there's nothing else like Star labs missions (which I really liked back in IGAU) or different towers, etc, only then I can trust what they're saying. because then they won't have anything else to keep players interested.
I also really liked the Star Labs thing.. but there is no way that there will not be something, most likely exactly the same as that, or similar. It may have no been announced yet but I would put money on it... this kind of thing WILL be in the game.. no doubt.

This gear talk got me even more hype for the game.

This is dress up heaven.
Totally. I love all that stuff. I remember spending ages in CREATE A SOUL in SoulCal.... that is the next step.. making our own heroes.

Undeadjim

Green Lantern Corps.
The above pictures look insane! Crazy to think even DLC will have so much customization as well.