What's new

Question 50 Shades of Grey Roleplay Thread

Why isn't Aquaman placing?

• Total voters
So Rico doesn't get any credit for being a great player? I kind of disagree with that.

Rico beat Tom not just due to the matchup, but because of the fact that Tom continued to throw out From the Deep over and over without regard to the fact that it's full-divekick-punishable. Also If I recall, Dizzy had a bout with interactibles at CEO that have since been toned down, KDZ wins against AM consistently, and AM players have lost to KFs, GLs, an Ares, Batman, and other characters.

I just don't see where people get off saying that Black Adam is the SOLE reason that every AM other than Riyo has lost the ability to make Top 8.

After the patch I expect the rest of the Aquaman players to keep getting blown up and find excuses for it, while Riyo continues to stay quiet and play consistently well.

I think part of the ticket to Riyo making Top 8 at SJ was the fact that he grinds it out at locals every week. He plays the best player in the game in tournament on a regular basis instead of running away from him. That has to count for something.

Likewise for Rico; he put in serious work -- we could just as easily start a "what happened to the other Black Adams" thread.

I put in BY FAR the most work of any Aquaman player. my BIGGEST problem was Black Adam. When was the last time I lost to Ares? and I fight the best Ares out there. I do fine against every character other than BA. I lost to GL ONE AND ONLY ONE time out of 99999999999999 successful matches. Batamn.. when was the last time a Batman even came close to beating me? Not only that, I am the ONLY Aquaman to have competitive sets vs Rico and even managed to beat him in one tourney set. Other Aquaman's may struggle vs HG's, NW's, GL's, KF, etc but I do not. There is nothing so irritating as to put so much more work than any other Aquaman, then get blown up by jackass' after losing to Rico again and again, or to FK's BA, or to PL's BA, and every other BA that has beaten me.

You want to say I dont put in work? ok.. yeah.. thats the problem. NO.. the problem is that no matter how much work I put in, it didnt matter. Same bad draw and same losing effort. It literally had me want to quit the game..

EDIT:
Also, ppl leave other AM's alone. I go on a 2 month hiatus and say nothing but still get blown up. Did you ever see me vs RIYO at the break? or vs Flawed in the FT5 at TFC? Should I have lost.. BLOWN THE FUCK UP. and why? isn't RIYO a good player? YES! he is.. yet its ok for him to lose the AM mirror to me and be left alone but god help me if I would have lost. Oher AM players have very little expectations placed on them, so when they lose to HQ, NW, BA, etc.. they dont get blasted for it. I lose to BA almost every tourney and I get blasted as if I just lost a 7-3 in MU in my favor and just cant deliver.

After my losses at CEO, EVO, NL, Yestercades, SJ, the break .. I think I know I fell short of beating my master. I think I know i needed to do better. I do not need ppl that CLAIM they support me to rub my nose in it and then pretend like I dont GRIND and put in serious work.

And why is this thread even here? The game is about to change on Tuesday and everyone is 0-0. None of this is relevant anymore.

I have ground out the BA match like no other and should be fine now. Over the last 2 weeks I have done nothing but done serious work on Superman and Doomsday now that I dont need to devote my life to being able to beat even a pocket BA.

I'm excited for the new patch and cant wait to see how competitive this game becomes.

SaJa

FH_FenriR
Tom Brady : just a question, why do you never dash in while using df1 ? You got punish because of it every single time that I was to a point "tom doesn't know we can dash in while rushing trident". Since the beginning to your last meet with noobe I've seen you doing this mistake.

Why ?

since when does black adam 7-3 aqua? its 6-4... after the patch the lightning hitbox nerf is going to make it even... black adam outchips aqua and outfootsies him.... but aqua has better mixups.... like lets not talk about that fight like its an excruciatingly bad matchup...

CrimsonShadow

Administrator and Community Engineer
Administrator
I put in BY FAR the most work of any Aquaman player. my BIGGEST problem was Black Adam. When was the last time I lost to Ares? and I fight the best Ares out there. I do fine against every character other than BA. I lost to GL ONE AND ONLY ONE time out of 99999999999999 successful matches. Batamn.. when was the last time a Batman even came close to beating me? Not only that, I am the ONLY Aquaman to have competitive sets vs Rico and even managed to beat him in one tourney set. Other Aquaman's may struggle vs HG's, NW's, GL's, KF, etc but I do not. There is nothing so irritating as to put so much more work than any other Aquaman, then get blown up by jackass' after losing to Rico again and again, or to FK's BA, or to PL's BA, and every other BA that has beaten me.

You want to say I dont put in work? ok.. yeah.. thats the problem. NO.. the problem is that no matter how much work I put in, it didnt matter. Same bad draw and same losing effort. It literally had me want to quit the game..
I'm not saying you don't put in work -- what I'm saying is, aside from training with people, Riyo is the only Aquaman who consistently goes to play in local tournaments every single week against the best people on a regular basis. Like Rico, he has been at locals every single week in addition to his regular offline training. That level of practice has made a big difference for him, Rico, and KDZ, and now Arma as well; and you can clearly see the difference between them and people who stay "behind the scenes" more and then show up to majors.

I think people need to ditch the old mentatlity of just training with your friends and popping out to play every once in a while; because most of the people who are doing well now are putting in a LOT of small tourney practice:

Rico
KDZ
Theo
Slayer
previously Chris G
and as far as Aquaman players, Riyo

Literally over half of the EVO top 8 is comprised of guys that have played more tournaments than anyone else. Doesn't seem coincidental.

Tom Brady : just a question, why do you never dash in while using df1 ? You got punish because of it every single time that I was to a point "tom doesn't know we can dash in while rushing trident". Since the beginning to your last meet with noobe I've seen you doing this mistake.

Why ?

I dash.. I have no idea why I didnt dash, god knows I was mashing FF.
Doesnt matter.... woulda lost to Rico before top 8 even if I won my pool.

I'm not saying you don't put in work -- what I'm saying is, aside from training with people, Riyo is the only Aquaman who consistently goes to play in local tournaments against the best people on a regular basis. Like Rico, he has been at locals every single week in addition to his regular offline training. That level of preparation has made a big difference for him, Rico, and KDZ, and now Arma as well; and you can clearly see the difference between them and people who stay "behind the scenes" more and then show up to majors.

I think people need to ditch the old mentatlity of just training with your friends and popping out to play every once in a while; because most of the people who are doing well now are putting in a LOT of small tourney practice:

Rico
KDZ
Theo
previously Chris G
and as far as Aquaman players, Riyo

I travel all the time. I literally went to the CD bros house and stayed there along with REO just to sit and play Rico for days and days. I travel all the time to level up. travel to every major to grind and grind. When you see me play Rico, there is a noticeable difference between my aquaman and others. But, despite trying my absolute best, Rico and every other BA has beaten me.

trustinme

xbl-OBS trustinme
Lmao,when I read some of these threads on Tym I sometimes forget we are talking about a video game that has no level of importance whatsoever.

CrimsonShadow

Administrator
I travel all the time. I literally went to the CD bros house and stayed there along with REO just to sit and play Rico for days and days. I travel all the time to level up. travel to every major to grind and grind. When you see me play Rico, there is a Noticeable difference between my aquaman and others. But, despite trying my absolute best, Rico and every other BA has beaten me.
Yeah -- you train a lot, which is great; but as far as playing in locals, you went to what; 2 NLBCs, one Break. Compare that to Rico, who's been to an incalculable number of NLBCs, KDZ and Riyo who have been at nearly every edition of the Break, and the 3 SoCal players from EVO Top 8 who have made maybe 60-90% of WNFs since Injustice was released.

Meanwhile, a lot of great MK players like you, Jr., Reo, Maxter have mostly been training behind the scenes.

It wasn't a dig at you or any of those players; it's just an observation of how people's constant participation in smaller tournaments seems to prepare them well for competing at the larger events.

SaJa

FH_FenriR
Lmao,when I read some of these threads on Tym I sometimes forget we are talking about a video game that has no level of importance whatsoever.

Video game including money, ego and honnor.

People got pissed off for football games and now look at how big it is :D

Yeah -- you train a lot, which is great; but as far as playing in locals, you went to what; 2 NLBCs, one Break. Compare that to Rico, who's been to an incalculable number of NLBCs, KDZ and Riyo who have been at nearly every edition of the Break, and the 3 SoCal players from EVO Top 8 who have made maybe 60-90% of WNFs since Injustice was released.

Meanwhile, a lot of great MK players like you, Jr., Reo, Maxter have mostly been training behind the scenes.

It wasn't a dig at you or any of those players; it's just an observation of how people's constant participation in smaller tournaments seems to prepare them well for competing at the larger events.

Have you seen the last few times an AM player has played me? You can't notice a diff in the exp level?

This is such a catch 22 subject. Bow out and saw that several AM players are better and "Tom's emo". Say that I am put in th emost work and have the most exp and get the overall best results and its "wow, so disrespectful to the other good aquaman players".

CrimsonShadow

Administrator
Have you seen the last few times an AM player has played me? You can't notice a diff in the exp level?

This is such a catch 22 subject. Bow out and saw that several AM players are better and "Tom's emo". Say that I am put in th emost work and have the most exp and get the overall best results and its "wow, so disrespectful to the other good aquaman players".
I hear you, and I agree; you'd win in a 1v1 vs. any other Aquaman player -- but tournaments are always going to be more about navigating surprises from the other matchups.

In any case, I'm curious to see what happens post-patch. But it doesn't surprise me at all that guys who are playing a ton of locals in addition to their training seem to be gaining an edge in the bigger tournaments.

The proof will be in the pudding. Looking forward to seeing what happens in the weeks ahead.

SaJa

FH_FenriR
money? Lol not in fighters there isn't.

I just take a rdm example : 10 000$ cashprice for SF4 team tournament at canada cup.

How much at EVO12 mk9 ?

LoL is a video game, you'll be surprised how much you can get playing this game. A lot of chineses live from WoW.

In korea, you can get a grant for study if you win tournament with the "Starcraft option" at school. There was reality show about starcraft as well.

I mean, wakeup, esport is growing up as hell and this is just the beginning.

Did you never get pissed off for a chest game ? Football game ? Fighting online game ? Com'on ;)

I hear you, and I agree; you'd win in a 1v1 vs. any other Aquaman player -- but tournaments are always going to be more about navigating surprises from the other matchups.

In any case, I'm curious to see what happens post-patch. But it doesn't surprise me at all that guys who are playing a ton of locals in addition to their training seem to be gaining an edge in the bigger tournaments.

The proof will be in the pudding. Looking forward to seeing what happens in the weeks ahead.

My surprise is always no surprise... BA every pool. I'm the most equipped for surprises, i just wised I actually got some.

trustinme

xbl-OBS trustinme
I just take a rdm example : 10 000$ cashprice for SF4 team tournament at canada cup.

How much at EVO12 mk9 ?

LoL is a video game, you'll be surprised how much you can get playing this game. A lot of chineses live from WoW.

In korea, you can get a grant for study if you win tournament with the "Starcraft option" at school. There was reality show about starcraft as well.

I mean, wakeup, esport is growing up as hell and this is just the beginning.

Did you never get pissed off for a chest game ? Football game ? Fighting online game ? Com'on ;)
compared to other games fighters get pocket change.i didn't mention games in general not having good payouts I was specifically talking about fighting games.

SaJa

FH_FenriR
compared to other games fighters get pocket change.i didn't mention games in general not having good payouts I was specifically talking about fighting games.

And I did answer you. You just know nothing about sponsors, cashprice and ego.

When you have a big kommunity behind you, you have fans if you play well. No one spit on people that lick your ass because they call you "skilled man".
Cashprice is still money. I recently won a tournament, that was enough to pay my rent this month, still better than nothing.
Sponsor pay you to travel and pay you tools (headset, etc) to play if you have results. They stop once you don't do results anymore.

If this is your passion, no matter what it is, you can be pissed off for not doing your best or whatever. Again, when you love something, you won't like doing bad stuffs or losing because human kind actually don't like to lose in something they know they can do better imo.

And as I said, esport on fighting games is just beginning, and I think it will grow up because of people like Tom Brady, not you. That's what happened for LoL/starcraft/etc btw.

juicepouch

blink-182 enthusiast
My surprise is always no surprise... BA every pool. I'm the most equipped for surprises, i just wised I actually got some.

This is just an observation, and bare in mind that I'm far from knowledgeable on the subject, but if BA gives Aqua so many problems, and in the process gives you so many problems, have you ever considered picking up another character to solely fight Black Adam? I'm not sure if you're 100% character loyal or what have you, but if you could get by Adam with another character and then beat the rest of the field with AM, wouldn't it solve the majority of your problems?

SaJa

FH_FenriR
This is just an observation, and bare in mind that I'm far from knowledgeable on the subject, but if BA gives Aqua so many problems, and in the process gives you so many problems, have you ever considered picking up another character to solely fight Black Adam? I'm not sure if you're 100% character loyal or what have you, but if you could get by Adam with another character and then beat the rest of the field with AM, wouldn't it solve the majority of your problems?

just like Chris G vs superman/BA. He will go for BA instead of GA.

trustinme

xbl-OBS trustinme

When you have a big kommunity behind you, you have fans if you play well. No one spit on people that lick your ass because they call you "skilled man".
Cashprice is still money. I recently won a tournament, that was enough to pay my rent this month, still better than nothing.
Sponsor pay you to travel and pay you tools (headset, etc) to play if you have results. They stop once you don't do results anymore.

If this is your passion, no matter what it is, you can be pissed off for not doing your best or whatever. Again, when you love something, you won't like doing bad stuffs or losing because human kind actually don't like to lose in something they know they can do better imo.

And as I said, esport on fighting games is just beginning, and I think it will grow up because of people like Tom Brady, not you. That's what happened for LoL/starcraft/etc btw.

i know nothing about sponsorship,cash prizes and ego? that's clearly alot more than u know then if u think the exports thing is going to take off anytime soon. the community won't grow because of people like me? Wow! you don't know anything about me or the amount of money I've shelled out to help players all over the world get to tournaments so that's a very ignorant statement.i didn't attack you in anyway,I just stated a fact.

SaJa

FH_FenriR
i know nothing about sponsorship,cash prizes and ego? that's clearly alot more than u know then if u think the exports thing is going to take off anytime soon. the community won't grow because of people like me? Wow! you don't know anything about me or the amount of money I've shelled out to help players all over the world get to tournaments so that's a very ignorant statement.i didn't attack you in anyway,I just stated a fact.

That's even funnier. You saying to people taking this game seriously "it's just a video game" but you do give your own money for seeing players in action in a video game instead of yourself.
Such irony T_T

Anyway, I know your opinion, you know mine. ;)

Bildslash

Goro Lives 
Aquaman needs a new move: From the Above (FTA):

-Targets the opponent's location.
-Is overhead of course.
-Can be directed front or back, creating a 50/50.
-4% chip damage on block.
-+8f advantage on block.
-MB version is multihit (6 hits).
-MB version gives +16f advantage.
-MB version pops up for a combo.
-Each use of MB FTA reduces trait cooldown by 1/3 of a second.

jaym7018

Noob

You are confused. Going to locals isnt why those guys are placing at majors. Superman and black adam is what those guys have in common the fact the go to locals is a coincidence. There are tons of equally skilled players who also go to locals constantly but they dont play superman or black adam so they dont place at majors. I mean KDZs batgirl isnt winning any tournaments Ricos aquaman or doomsday isnt winning either.