What's new

Question 50 Shades of Grey Roleplay Thread

Why isn't Aquaman placing?

• Total voters

AK L0rdoftheFLY

I hatelove this game
Ask pig...I have said overrated for a long time.

He has a few MU that are very difficult and make his tournament viability less than that of the other top tiers.

I feel that he loses to in the current game:
Hawk Girl
Grundy
Nightwing
Black Adam
Superman
KF

Grundy can beat any character in this game but loses a few 9-1 or 10-0 MU. This makes him a joke for serious tournament players. Aquaman is a lesser version of this.

Riyo

Noob
It's similiar to Vanilla AE Honda. He was rated #1 character out of the roster due to having favorable match-ups towards other characters. He was getting blown up tho cause he would lose to other top tier characters, similiar to what Aquaman is dealing with.

Just saying.

HGTV Soapboxfan

"Always a Pleasure"
I think one problem is, because there are so few Aquaman players, there isnt much info being shared, no one is really helping each other out that much, so Aquaman players may be learning at a slower pace. But he is undoubtedly top tier, and I would expect him to start doing well once he is fleshed out. Also, this patch is awesome for him imo, the death character for most aquamans, Black Adam, got nerfed. So thats awesome.

Pig Of The Hut

Day 0 Phenomenal Dr. Fate and Darkseid player
Would everyone agree w me Riyo is the best aquaman right now?

He consistently does his thing and does it well

WoundCowboy and rico are the best however ive played because they're both outstanding players and fundamentals combined w that fucking character is a nightmare despite any character i choose

Most aquaman i play are f ing free though and im not afraid to hurt feelings because if you play AM and you lose your feelings should be hurt

Pig Of The Hut

Ask pig...I have said overrated for a long time.

He has a few MU that are very difficult and make his tournament viability less than that of the other top tiers.

I feel that he loses to in the current game:
Hawk Girl
Grundy
Nightwing
Black Adam
Superman
KF

Grundy can beat any character in this game but loses a few 9-1 or 10-0 MU. This makes him a joke for serious tournament players. Aquaman is a lesser version of this.

remember when people said kenshi loses to
kabal
freddy
lao
stryker
cyrax
sonya
cage was 5-5
kitana was 5-5
reptile
skarlet
mileena

I do

Pig Of The Hut

I have to admit man.. we all know it..

99% of my tournament disappointments have come at the hands of Black Adam.
i do completely agree w this but you have lost to supermans too and others

Aquaman players just don't deliver. This character is STUPID. He has dominant footsies because of his dash and b1, as well as one of the best jump attacks in the game. He takes free chip everytime he gets in ( with a frickin d1 cancel). Only a handful of characters can punish it and that's assuming that the aqua player positions themselves close to their opponent during the move.
100%

He's always been overrated. In the current version you can just counter pick with Superman, Black Adam or Green Lantern and then all of the sudden it's pretty hard on the Aquaman player.

Top 3 my ass. You know which characters have better dirt, and matchups currently? Superman, Wonder Woman, Black Adam, MMH, and Batman.
you need to play better aquaman players

Do you think it's his worst matchup?
i think his worst MUs are HG and black adam

juicepouch

blink-182 enthusiast
Now I know I'm not a "tournament pro super cereal" player, but I've been kicking this idea around for a while. If a few of the super zoning characters didn't exist, Grundy would skyrocket all the way up the tier list. It makes me sad that they can't be any closer than they are, because I'd love to see more Grundy-swag in tournies

tourney players suck, he has one very manageable bad matchup, and after this patch he rules the game, he's amazingly easy to play, has simply effective mixups, has the cheapest trait, and his uppercut shuts down half the cast alone... he's stupid and people who lose should be ashamed with him if they main him, unless they lose to black adam

-ninja edit, thanks to lordof the fly

nightwing seems like it would be challenging and hawkgirl.... but noone plays them

then again frost might be bad, and i see his point with grundy...

hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

EMPEROR_THEO

I only use characters with wakeup scoops.
I think the best Aquaman is Wonderchef (aka Daigo aka Infiltration aka Reo).

He's creating this troll thread because all you other Ocean Man users are so beneath him.

so.. the best aquaman players are..

Riyo, Wound Cowboy, Rico Suave, and Insaynne.

my aquaman is terrible because i lose to black adam. i dont want to hear shit about losing to one superman and DD.. no, i did not take them in the lab.. why bother? its not them i was losing to, it was black adam. even if i 10-0'd EVERY DD and Superman, i'd still lose because its black adam that i kept running into and losing to. At TFC.. even if I won my pool, I get a good Black Adam. If I lose to that Black Adam, then I get Rico Suave and go home. So, no matter what I did in 1.05, in the end I always would have to go through Black Adam to be top 8 or higher.

Now with this new patch, I have SERIOUSLY dissected both Superman and DD now that my master Black Adam has been normalized. You will never understand how frustrating it is to be this good but part of a community that is not smart enough to tell "bad player" from "what shit luck, ALWAYS gets a good Black Adam". That character has frustrated me beyond belief.

In this next patch, maybe you guys will get over it after I again get back into top 3's and get more wins, and then maybe I can actually post some MU knowledge without hearing that i dont know anything and that I should play more like AM players who get 5-0'd by NW, HG, etc...

Lose to HG? NO... I have beaten almost every HG.
Lose to NW? How many times do I have to show why this MU is even or AM wins 6-4?
Lose to GL? Haven't I dispelled this yet?

Bottom line is that there is only one AM that fights the HG's, NW's, etc etc and beats them. But, on this site, that guy is considered second rate next to AM players who don't even use him in 3/4 of his MUs.

whenever I make a return to TYM after a hiatus, I quickly realize why I dont post ant strats or info, and gladly return to my silence.

Immortal

Blind justice....
In this next patch, maybe you guys will get over it after I again get back into top 3's and get more wins, and then maybe I can actually post some MU knowledge without hearing that i dont know anything and that I should play more like AM players who get 5-0'd by NW, HG,
...and if you still dont make top 3 or even top 8 at majors?

Colonel-Gilgamesh

Hates NRS for making me not like Superman
That's cuz Aquamen don't use their meter well. They burn it on foolish things like Trident, instead of reserving it for guaranteed 15%(or so, haven't looked at the numbers recently) chip on block Trident Rushes

...and if you still dont make top 3 or even top 8 at majors?

Is that your prediction?

Without BA, I would have had several major wins. He was my master.

But.. maybe you are all right and I'm just bad. People seem to wish for my failure a lot.

Colonel-Gilgamesh

Hates NRS for making me not like Superman
Is that your prediction?

Without BA, I would have had several major wins. He was my master.

But.. maybe you are all right and I'm just bad. People seem to wish for my failure a lot.

To be fair, Aquaman suffers the same illness all character in IGAU suffer: NotbeingBlackAdamorSuperman-itis. I hear they're developing a cure though

coolwhip

Noob
Aquaman being top 3 or the best came from ppl playing me at the highest level using 95% of the roster. I know 95% of the roster in and out, its mainly 2 matches that i was unfamiliar with and one match up up that I just couldnt seem to win even if an good player used him as a "i just pick him up 4 days ago" character (black adam).

The reason why most other Aqua's are getting mopped up by top HQ players (VERY favorable mu for aqua), one week NW (not saying the specific NW player is bad, but beating a SEASONED aqua player with one week of time spent on a character in a mu that is 5-5 or 6-5 aqua shows the issue is the aqua players knowledge and not the mu), etc.. is because most Aquaman players use a strategy that is made for him to win his default "i win cuz i'm aquaman" match ups. I have a million ways I play this character, each individual to the match ups needed. This takes A LOT of exp at the highest level playing all kind of maniacs playing all kind of characters using all kinds of different styles.

I'll finally say it.. YES.. Aquaman loses to Black Adam in this version. Without Black Adam I would have won several tournaments and have a lot of top 3's. Bad luck of the draw is the MAIN reason why Aqua doesnt have more wins or top 8's PERIOD.

In thei version, Aquaman is top 2-3, but you wont see it if the best version of the character has to play a good player using even a decent Black Adam EVERY TOURNAMENT.

What about Doomsday? Shouldn't Aquaman mop him up because "Doomsday can't get up" (just frame tridents and all)?