What's new

SALTY 50/50s man

Trauma_and_Pain

Filthy Casual
It's not rocket science to open people up without mixups.
Not true. Having no mixups means no guessing game.
How do you think the kitanas and Laos do it?
They use mixups, including more throw attempts than most characters. Simply having a teleport is a constant mixup threat with Lao. Telekick sometimes too. Mixups are not strictly Overhead/Lows, they come in many forms including simply pressure/retreat.

This is just semantics. You're talking about Overhead/Lows and I'm talking about mixups in the broadest sense.

Rude

You will serve me in The Netherrealm
50/50s in this game don't bother me. If I'm being hit with one, it means they got in and I fucked up.

That's just me, though.

hkriderz

Lin Kuei Scum, yellow robot enthusiast
This proves my point how you dont see whats going on, Brady, Sonic, Slayer, Dab and Wound all use delays like nobody else, why do you think brady hits everyone with f33?

Why do you think I open people up with just B321 with Lao or just F1 with Mileena?
See Sonic vs PL season 2 kitana, PL got opened up every time by delays, nothing else.

So, its not all 5050s.
Foxy you just proved my point. But that just doesn't remove the fact that so many matches were lost including tournament matches purely on guesses.

All those players you mentioned definitely have legit tactics. Either by delaying or playing mind games. You deserve to get hit there. I hit people with Lao by staggers and delays all the time. It's not the jump in mix that 90% of the cast possess.

All those players sooner or later had to use overhead or low guesses to win. Pure fact. And their opponents guessed wrong and died. That's what the problem is with this game. I shouldn't feel threatened by a jump in I can't stop, coupled with a mixup that has the potential to take half my life that jails, praying that I block right and still won't net me a punish because it's safe. The idiocy in that statement makes me laugh.

I keep mentioning Lao vs kitana because that's one of the most honest matchups in this game.

omooba

fear the moobs
I mean b21 as an ender but essentially yeah.

It's somewhat dependant on how high they hit you in the combo but they can time it so they take away all your options except guess correctly.
by guess correctly if you mean overhead low that's not true and you know it

just_2swift

MK1 is the best MK period.
people like you is the problem with tym

if you're saying she should be nerfed because he was... bull. if you're saying he was fine being plus 12 i actually agree
Bro she had way more going for her compared to him then. What's bull is she is slept on and needs to be normalized. This is worse than defending tekken 4 jin.

Yoaks

A spaceman
Everything else you said in this post I agreed with till this. They're about even. Straight lasers guarantee you a dash in AND f23 (breath//no breath into post breath options), overhead lasers come in handy, and for characters with shitty hurtboxes like grundawg and lex, the supes zoning is brutal.
Tbh. I've made the judgement about Batman's zoning compared to Supermans zoning as a Lobo main. It might just be a matter of opinion but you could be right. I had more trouble with Supermans f23 (like alot of characters) than dealing with his lasers.

Like if you have Shazam trying to deal with Green Lanterns zoning and normals. There just to good for Shazam to deal with. But for Lobo. Lanterns zoning and normals aren't as threatening.

Tbh. I've made the judgement about Batman's zoning compared to Supermans zoning as a Lobo main. It might just be a matter of opinion but you could be right. I had more trouble with Supermans f23 (like alot of characters) than dealing with his lasers.

Like if you have Shazam trying to deal with Green Lanterns zoning and normals. There just to good for Shazam to deal with. But for Lobo. Lanterns zoning and normals aren't as threatening.
It makes sense that as a lobo, Supe's zoning is a trivial threat cuz u get to low profile forward dash his straight lasers lol