What's new

3D MK without projectiles

Would you play a 3D based MK without projectiles?

• Yes

Votes: 12 21.4%
  • No

Votes: 44 78.6%

• Total voters
I didn't mean you. I meant what you were describing is not MK it's an entirely different game might as well just make a new franchise.
I sort of agree with you about it not being MK, but then again that's what this thread is about to begin with. Regardless if it's I or someone else who were to trying to make the game I'm describing, it most likely woud never see the light of day. Not at least for a long while anyways. New IP's I've learned are hard to get put into production as I understand, at big game companies. They pose too much financial risk.

RYX

BIG PUSHER
No, you're entitled to like what you want. I just said all that, what you quoted me by that is, because Minh Giang was being disrespectful to me and towards the thread in question with his or her remarks.
I'm sorry, I didn't mean to come off like a dick. My bad. :(

Rathalos

Play Monster Hunter!
Part of me wants to see them try their hands at a 3D fighting game just to see if they can redeem themselves for all those shitty 3D MK games.
However, they should do it with a new IP, and not MK.

But on the other hand, that would just be a waste of their time, time that could be spent on anything else.

Asking for Mortal Kombat without projectiles is like asking for Street Fighter without projectiles i.e. a ridiculous idea which will never come to fruition.

Element_

The First Element
No , that would be taking too much away from a lot of characters , could you imagine Sub-Zero without his ice ball? Reptile without his spit ? Jade without her boomerangs ? ..I can't .

Jay Rupp

Human Smoke or Riot
You mean with a thread that deviates from the norm? That's cool man... I'm glad you don't want change and want to keep playing the same game over and over again.
Youre retarded as fuck. The game "changed" when it returned to its 2d roots. Get the fuck out of here and go play virtual fighter.

Sent from my SCH-I510 using Tapatalk 2

Youre retarded as fuck. The game "changed" when it returned to its 2d roots. Get the fuck out of here and go play virtual fighter.

Well instead of being an arragont asshole, why don't you tell me what makes MK9 so different from it's 2d predecessors? My point was merely that a game can change to how a designer sees fit. Look at interactables in IGAU. Granted it's a different IP, but it's something NRS hasn't tried since MK4. If you keep an open mind, sometimes things can change for the better in unforeseen ways. But I forgive you, since you don't seem to have any creative vision.

xWildx

What a day. What a lovely day.
You could still have some specials, after all, even current fighters like Tekken, Soul Calibur, and DOA have characters with projectiles, teleports, etc. The MK characters have some very unique and cool designs, and I think it'd be interesting to see how they'd incorporate all of their skills into a fully fledged 3D fighter.

KIllaByte

PSN: playakid700. Local name: BFGC MonkeyBizness
The question was: "Would we play it", not what we'd prefer.
I'd play it.
I may not like it more than MK or IGAU, but I'd play it.

Jay Rupp

Human Smoke or Riot
Well instead of being an arragont asshole, why don't you tell me what makes MK9 so different from it's 2d predecessors? My point was merely that a game can change to how a designer sees fit. Look at interactables in IGAU. Granted it's a different IP, but it's something NRS hasn't tried since MK4. If you keep an open mind, sometimes things can change for the better in unforeseen ways. But I forgive you, since you don't seem to have any creative vision.
There were about 7 or so 3D MKs, all of them failed. Creative vision? You really are simple bro, go google how many MKs were 3D. Now you want to take projectiles out of the mix? Thats not creative, it is lacking. You probably just dont know how to handle zoning. I know I come off as extremely harsh, but Ive loved MK since I was a child.

There were about 7 or so 3D MKs, all of them failed. Creative vision? You really are simple bro, go google how many MKs were 3D. Now you want to take projectiles out of the mix? Thats not creative, it is lacking. You probably just dont know how to handle zoning. I know I come off as extremely harsh, but Ive loved MK since I was a child.

7 or so huh? Well, which ones exactly? I just want to be sure we're on the same page since Google's results don't go into detail. Besides, I recall there being more MK games on a 2D PLANE, which is what I'm referencing. And obviously by everything I've clearly addressed, you still take it that I want an MK without projectiles? When all I initially asked was, if the community would play a 3D MK without projectiles... hahaha.

Now let me make it even more clear in case you don't understand. I DON'T CARE if NRS makes an MK with or without projectiles. THAT'S IT. Don't start assuming things that exist only in your head. You're probably right that I don't know how to handle zoning that well. Everything I've learned about MK9, I've learned on my own with some help from this community. But I still have lot's of question in regards to general mechanics in fighting games.

Also again, just that we're clear, I wasn't specifically talking about leaving out projectiles in terms of having creative vision. What I was implying yet left out was, all ideas that work in favor of balance come from experimentation. Whether that be projectiles or some other idea not yet present in a fighting game. Also, there are way's to express your passion without reducing to insult.

Jay Rupp

Human Smoke or Riot
7 or so huh? Well, which ones exactly? I just want to be sure we're on the same page since Google's results don't go into detail. Besides, I recall there being more MK games on a 2D PLANE, which is what I'm referencing. And obviously by everything I've clearly addressed, you still take it that I want an MK without projectiles? When all I initially asked was, if the community would play a 3D MK without projectiles... hahaha.

Now let me make it even more clear in case you don't understand. I DON'T CARE if NRS makes an MK with or without projectiles. THAT'S IT. Don't start assuming things that exist only in your head. You're probably right that I don't know how to handle zoning that well. Everything I've learned about MK9, I've learned on my own with some help from this community. But I still have lot's of question in regards to general mechanics in fighting games.

Also again, just that we're clear, I wasn't specifically talking about leaving out projectiles in terms of having creative vision. What I was implying yet left out was, all ideas that work in favor of balance come from experimentation. Whether that be projectiles or some other idea not yet present in a fighting game. Also, there are way's to express your passion without reducing to insult.
Every game since MK4 have all been 3D fighters. The 3D games were MK4, MK Gold, MK DA, MK Decept, MK Arma, MKvsDCU and various other ports for different systems like MK unchained for PSP. Part of the reason MK 9 was so popular is because it returned to its 2d roots for the first time in 14 years. They knew the games were not doing MK justice and decided to remake the series. Im sorry, but I find 3D MK titles to be disgusting. Until MK9 came out I was playing UMK3.
Edit: I guess MK4 was ok just for the fact it was the first 3DMK. Only if we coulda seen where that road was taking us.

Projectiles or not, i dont think anybody wants mk back on a 3d plane. The 2d mk games were so much better. Why would i want to go back to trash? Just build on mk9 and dont change it too much.

Jay Rupp

Human Smoke or Riot
Projectiles or not, i dont think anybody wants mk back on a 3d plane. The 2d mk games were so much better. Why would i want to go back to trash? Just build on mk9 and dont change it too much.
Bingo

RM Jonnitti

Hot Dog
3d game with projectiles seems kinda weird to me, and this is coming from a soul calibur player. yeah we have a few projectiles in sc5 but they arent really used as zoning tools, algol bubbles (used for setups instead of zoning), ezio crossbow (more of a whiff punish) and cervantes gunshot (critical edge for combo damage, ringouts and punishment, unblockable meterless for some sort of spacing from far away since it stops them from moving forward but its rarely going to hit). ive never actually played MK after i learned how to play fighting games properly. i wouldnt be opposed to a 3d mk, i would try it.