What's new

3D MK without projectiles

Would you play a 3D based MK without projectiles?

• Yes

Votes: 12 21.4%
  • No

Votes: 44 78.6%

• Total voters

ColdBoreMK23

Noob Saibot
Keep MK core mechanics with new characters. You can give the game facelift without giving it a heart transplant.

I broke my back... It's spinal.

zaf got any links?

Do most of you dislike the idea because it strays to far from the norm of what you're used to playing, don't want that change, or something else? Also weren't some specials in Deception too good? Like Dairou's tombstone drop? Granted it wasn't a projectile but it was very fast from what I remember.
Reasons why I respectfully dislike this:

1. Their 3d games in the past were horrendous. Any remote chance of doing 3d again would be looked down upon immediately. I'm pretty sure the MKC suffered from those games as well.

2. MK9 is nothing like the past 3d games, and nothing like the past mk games. They already have a good foundation, why attempt to make a new game entirely (which will come with a ton of new imbalancing issues, new glitches, etc), when instead they can build on what they have? SF4 has done this, and despite past setbacks, and they have had great success with their series. I don't mind innovation in mk10, but I don't see this idea as innovative.

4. As THTB said, iconic moves would be removed because of this. An MK game without "GET OVER HERE", or sub zero's freeze ball is like a SF without a hadoken. It's just an unnecessary drastic change that provides very little reward/benefit if anything.

5. I'm not an original MK fan. I started with tekken, a 3d game. Not being biased, just don't see the logic of trying to take this approach.

SkyratiK

The game session is no longer available.
You mean with a thread that deviates from the norm? That's cool man... I'm glad you don't want change and want to keep playing the same game over and over again.
They've been sticking with the same characters and special moves for the most part and every MK is still different. They obviously need to incorporate some new stuff to make MK10 fun and new to everyone, but that doesn't mean they have to go taking things out too. I'm down for new characters but I feel like the old ones should be there as well. If they were to do this I think it would be an Arcade title or something. That way it could still have the Mortal Kombat name and idea but it wouldn't be representing the next generation of MK games.

STB Shujinkydink

Burning down in flames for kicks
I had a ton of fun with the 3D MKs! id love for them to come back but I doubt they would.

However having said that, built properly they may become more popular than Tekken or SCV because of the draw itself, however eliminating projectiles I dont think is needed

RYX

BIG PUSHER
You mean with a thread that deviates from the norm? That's cool man... I'm glad you don't want change and want to keep playing the same game over and over again.
wanting a consistent experience with a beloved franchise is bad?

What the fuck is a character like Noob gonna do?

Axel_Redd

Vampire Jesus....he wants YOUR blood now!!
Ok Fine, and while were at it, we'll make MK into a tragic love story, with a new theme song to boot!

Jay Rupp

Human Smoke or Riot
zaf got any links?

Do most of you dislike the idea because it strays to far from the norm of what you're used to playing, don't want that change, or something else? Also weren't some specials in Deception too good? Like Dairou's tombstone drop? Granted it wasn't a projectile but it was very fast from what I remember.
If u knew MKs history you would know how bad of an idea this is. Almost every 3d MK has been terrible. Its no coincidence that the best one in over 10 years is 2d. NRS plz dont listen to shit like this.

Sent from my SCH-I510 using Tapatalk 2

This is the only good MKDA video I could find, since REO made his private.

I wouldn't mind playing a 3d MK, but one without projectiles is kind of going too far.
Thanks for this video. I've never seen a 3D MK played as well as in this video. But let me ask you and everyone else something. I'm confused as to... what aspects of the past 3D games are considered broken? I've read infinites are one at least in MK Deception but other than that, why do people say that a new 3D MK wouldn't work and never has?

Joke characters aside (Bo Rai Cho) after looking at that video, projectiles don't look all that bad to be honest presentation wise. I 've always liked a bit more realism than fantasy in a game, but again that's just me. Don't get me wrong gameplay is important to me. I just try to see things from an artistic viewpoint as well, which many people put as something secondary, which I don't agree with.

Yes, I don't know everything about what makes a fighting game balanced, but I would really like some of you to enlighten me. That isn't to say I don't know anything, as I've come to learn many things from most of you. I would have never known what a standing reset is or a whiff punish, until I started playing MK9 and read a bit more about them.

If u knew MKs history you would know how bad of an idea this is. Almost every 3d MK has been terrible. Its no coincidence that the best one in over 10 years is 2d. NRS plz dont listen to shit like this.

Sent from my SCH-I510 using Tapatalk 2
Well considering the poll, I doubt they would mess with success.

wanting a consistent experience with a beloved franchise is bad?

What the fuck is a character like Noob gonna do?
No, you're entitled to like what you want. I just said all that, what you quoted me by that is, because Minh Giang was being disrespectful to me and towards the thread in question with his or her remarks.

Jaku2011

Filled with determination
I would. Given the resources... which is millions of dollars to pay a dev team with a good track record to make a triple A game. Which I don't have unfortunately.
I didn't mean you. I meant what you were describing is not MK it's an entirely different game might as well just make a new franchise.