What's new

3D MK without projectiles

Would you play a 3D based MK without projectiles?

• Yes

Votes: 12 21.4%
  • No

Votes: 44 78.6%

• Total voters

zaf

professor
What is this?
Watch some of reo's deadly alliance and deception youtube video tutorials and see why projectiles and sub's ice clone actually worked quite well.

zaf got any links?

Do most of you dislike the idea because it strays to far from the norm of what you're used to playing, don't want that change, or something else? Also weren't some specials in Deception too good? Like Dairou's tombstone drop? Granted it wasn't a projectile but it was very fast from what I remember.

zaf

professor
zaf got any links?

Do most of you dislike the idea because it strays to far from the norm of what you're used to playing, don't want that change, or something else? Also weren't some specials in Deception too good? Like Dairou's tombstone drop? Granted it wasn't a projectile but it was very fast from what I remember.
Gimme a sec to find a link.

Even if some moves might be too good, with today's technology shit can get patched real quick.

Personally though guys, I do wish there was a game like this. I envision something like Soul Calibur but with a dark atmosphere like MK. I've always like the sort of realism and play style of Virtua Fighter which is partly why a game like this should exist.

RunwayMafia

Shoot them. Shoot them all.
Actually, I could really get into an MK game like this. As long as they looked like MK and kept it dark. They could make it incredibly advanced (like Tekken) and it would significantly come down to players knowledge of spacing/footsies/whiff punishing. Yeah...I could dig it.

THTB

Arez | Booya | Riu48 - Rest Easy, Friends
But that sort of ideology is about not wanting change. You would always want Scorpion and Sub Zero in the game? Just curious...
Scorpion and Sub-Zero are the two characters you picture when it comes to Mortal Kombat. As are their special moves. It's like trying to make a Street Fighter, but excluding Ryu and Ken. Some things are just too iconic to exclude.

Actually, I could really get into an MK game like this. As long as they looked like MK and kept it dark. They could make it incredibly advanced (like Tekken) and it would significantly come down to players knowledge of spacing/footsies/whiff punishing. Yeah...I could dig it.
Heh... I've been wanting to make this game all my life! But that's never going to happen, seeing that new IP's are difficult to get made and I don't work for a development company.

Scorpion and Sub-Zero are the two characters you picture when it comes to Mortal Kombat. As are their special moves. It's like trying to make a Street Fighter, but excluding Ryu and Ken. Some things are just too iconic to exclude.
You're definitely right about that. I guess I'm in the minority when I say I would like to see a complete revamping of the characters. It's cool though...