What's new

Question - Liu Kang 3 Tiny buffs for liu kang?

Do you agree with bufss

• No

Votes: 39 68.4%
  • Yes (all3)

Votes: 11 19.3%
  • Yes(partially explain in comments)

Votes: 7 12.3%

• Total voters

gam224

The world's least hype player
I'm not going to sit here and say liu kang is a bad character. He has excellent zoning, good pressure (DF), and great chip(FF). This however comes with 3 flaws that I would like to see adressed before KP2 comes out. Here is a last minute wish list.

D1 8 frames: I don't think it is unreasonable to give liu an 8 frame d1. His d1 at 9 frames leads to him getting frame trapped alot. This would not be OP but would give him the power to enforce his + moves a bit more. For example 111 is +2. I find myself constantly being jabbed out of this by anybody with a 7 frame poke.

Better hit-box on dragon's roar: This move constantly get's low profiled. Reptile can completely low profile this move with back 34 and blow you up for it.

Change the motion for bicycle kicks/punches: The motion for this move isn't problematic at the end of strings but it's problematic in flame fist when it's your reversal.

Tell me what you think? feel free to tag anybody interested
@AK L0rdoftheFLY
@GreatKungLao
@cR Xarakamaka

PapaRegadetho

All hail emperor Liucifer Kang!
Yeah, a faster poke would be a godsend, 8 frames would be enough. Dragon's Roar is not the only move that gets low profiled alot, Liu has several strings that get whiffed even though they are mids, that NEEDS to be fixed..

Yeah, a faster poke would be a godsend, 8 frames would be enough. Dragon's Roar is not the only move that gets low profiled alot, Liu has several strings that get whiffed even though they are mids, that NEEDS to be fixed..
I dont know about that a lot of mids get low profile it s nothing new

SylverRye

Official Loop Kang Main
I mean you have to just frame f213 now to jail so its safe to saw hes been toned down. His mb fk is +1 and builds less meter. I could go for an 8f d1 and db2 and 111 to stop whiffing on everything under the sun or doing meterburn fly kick and phasing through the opponent on to the other side of the screen. But yeah the whiffing issue is deff a universal issue for all characters. Sucks lol

Vigilante24

Beware my power, Red Lantern's Light
His d1 should be 10f and +2 on hit in DF only. This variatiom should not be allowed to live.

tafka Djinn

One for three off the roof
I would like Roar not to be so easily low protiled, but I also think that FK MB should be neutral on block. Other than that we're in a pretty great place with Liu Kangaroo.

gam224

The world's least hype player
This guy wants to send Quan to hell but campaigns for Liu Kang buffs?

@General M2Dave probably looking at this rushdown fool like
I'm complaining about actual problems. Quan's are pissed that they now have to play the wake up game like every other character ever. They can't do unblockable after unblockable anymore. I have respect for people like dink who have already done their best to adjust. Granted I would like to see him get a better wake up to justify the nerfs.

PapaRegadetho

All hail emperor Liucifer Kang!
The second hit of 111 (and the third on some female characters) whiffs almost all the time, including all second hits of his strings that start with s1, the second hit of F44 sometimes whiffs aswell. If anything, I just want for these strings to work like intended.

SylverRye

Official Loop Kang Main
Doesn't Kang get poke infinited by Goro and Ferra/Torr? That 8f d1 should be given to him unless they adjust(nerf) the pokes of Goro and Ferra/Torr.
Yeah and also he cant escape his own pressure in a mirror match lol. With his nerfs that would be a small but useful buff especially for ff and dualist who got hurt by his nerfs more than df imo. But watch tym blow this up as if op is asking for the return of release day dragons fire.

Y'all played liu against a good ferra/torr? Ferra/torr(lackey) has a 6 frame d1 that's -3 on block. The highest they get is 6+3 = 9 frames. Liu has a 9 frame poke. Give liu an 8 frame poke or at least make ferra/torr's d1 -4 or -5(same with goro) -> NRS should decide and please fix his moves whiffing. Also Buff dualist and make fix my bugs, at least make my f213 ss +5 or +7 as it used to.

STRYKIE

Are ya' ready for MK11 kids?!
An 8f d1 and fixed inconsistencies is really not big deal...
I'm complaining about actual problems. Quan's are pissed that they now have to play the wake up game like every other character ever. They can't do unblockable after unblockable anymore. I have respect for people like dink who have already done their best to adjust. Granted I would like to see him get a better wake up to justify the nerfs.

Frenzy

Noob
Has anyone ever went for the f44 string and hit f4 but the third hit whiffs, thus allowing a full combo punish by the opponent.