What's new

Question - Liu Kang 3 Tiny buffs for liu kang?

Do you agree with bufss

• No

Votes: 39 68.4%
  • Yes (all3)

Votes: 11 19.3%
  • Yes(partially explain in comments)

Votes: 7 12.3%

• Total voters

omooba

fear the moobs
Sub, Liu, Tremor. All of whom are considered to be top half to say the least.
sub shouldn't have pokes as bad as 9 frames either. yes grandmaster is fine with it but not the other variations. this is part of why it's so hard to play without ice clone. his buttons aren't made for icecloneless neutral
This is the trade offs you make

I could easy no "no character should be without workable armor" but look at Quan, character would be broken with it and needs it to offset his shit

LK is an excellent character without a poke faster than 9f, hes also looking to be even stronger next patch when all his competition gets nerfed much heavier than himself. The last thing he needs is buffs to the holes in his game
i feel like you guys are just thinking about dragons fire. what about the other variations. ff is mid and dual is damn near ass. them having good pokes would reduce their weaknessess and it's not a huge buff to df.

God Confirm

We're all from Earthrealm. If not, cool pic brah.
i feel like you guys are just thinking about dragons fire. what about the other variations. ff is mid and dual is damn near ass. them having good pokes would reduce their weaknessess and it's not a huge buff to df.
You are right, I am. It's his strongest variation and asking for buffs to his universal mechanics need to come with nerfs requested for DF right next to it, and it is indeed a big buff. It would be like asking for buffs for Grandmaster or Hellfire, and justifying it by pointing at Unbreakable and Scorpion. Ask for buffs to their variation specific tools if they are who you are trying to buff, god knows they could use them

omooba

fear the moobs
You are right, I am. It's his strongest variation and asking for buffs to his universal mechanics need to come with nerfs requested for DF right next to it, and it is indeed a big buff. It would be like asking for buffs for Grandmaster or Hellfire, and justifying it by pointing at Unbreakable and Scorpion. Ask for buffs to their variation specific tools if they are who you are trying to buff, god knows they could use them
do u really think making d1 8 frames will make him OP? if so that's fine, it's your opinion, i don't think he's bad without it just think no one's pokes should be that slow
And Shirai Ryu Takeda has no wake up against Liu johnny etc it s part of the game
again i don't think that should be a thing. just being able to option select a characters wake up options with, of all things, a poke
these are just my opinions. most of these buffs aren't even specifically for liu kang, it's just something i don't think should be in the game's mechanics. and the low profiling wake up mids seems like a glitch

do u really think making d1 8 frames will make him OP? if so that's fine, it's your opinion, i don't think he's bad without it just think no one's pokes should be that slow

again i don't think that should be a thing. just being able to option select a characters wake up options with, of all things, a poke
these are just my opinions. most of these buffs aren't even specifically for liu kang, it's just something i don't think should be in the game's mechanics. and the low profiling wake up mids seems like a glitch
Well it s an opinion having to block from time to times or backdash or delay wake up isn t bad IMO and FF has good wake ups the windmill punch and the parry that variation doesn't really need a faster poke

tafka Djinn

One for three off the roof
plus 1 for liu kang is basically neutral
That's no more accurate than saying +2 isn't far from neutral. Frame advantage is frame advantage. Sure it's not as good as being +2, but it's a damn sight better than being neutral.

Are we really asking for Liu kang buffs -____-
I'm not at the least. I'm just for mids working consistently. It's why I never really took to maining Johnny, and one of the things that made me drop Kano.

PapaRegadetho

All hail emperor Liucifer Kang!
I'd be fine with his s1etc to be fixed but lot of characters cant reliably break armour which would mean pretty much free wakeups whenever you have a bar vs them

His pokes are slow for a reason, its basically his only weakness in DF along with low profilable wakeups.

He has holes but is he really suffering hard from it.. Bug fixes sure but leave df alone in terms of buffs
He has weaknesses in other compartments aswell, but I'm fine with that. I wouldn't call slicing a frame of a bad poke a big buff, just rather a fix for him not being lock down in the corner by characters like himself, all characters who had that problem got their d1 buffed, hell Mileena got her d1 buffed from 9 to 6 frames, thats crazy!

Wigy

There it is...
He has weaknesses in other compartments aswell, but I'm fine with that. I wouldn't call slicing a frame of a bad poke a big buff, just rather a fix for him not being lock down in the corner by characters like himself, all characters who had that problem got their d1 buffed, hell Mileena got her d1 buffed from 9 to 6 frames, thats crazy!
Mileena doesnt have a safe armour or a 6f high or a + on block d3.

PapaRegadetho

Mileena doesnt have a safe armour or a 6f high or a + on block d3.
I'm not comparing them mate, its not supposed to be compared, totally different properties with pros and con on both sides, but her poke was bad and it was buffed, a bit too much imo, is it going to stay, I don't know and I don;t care. I'm not asking 3 frames off Liu's d1, I'm asking for 1 frame off, just so I can counter poke if I get cornered. Btw, Takeda has a 8f d1 and a d3 that's + on block, but again, both characters with different pros and cons to their gameplans.

HazeXIII

Smoke Is Back Yes Yes Yes
Everyone always hate on liu kang cause they lack patience and core fundamentals to deal with him its sad because every time they nerf liu dualist gets hurt really bad he is suppose to be advertised as the fastest character but has the second slowest poke -_- ill be happy with 8F poke #StopHurting liu

PapaRegadetho

Everyone always hate on liu kang cause they lack patience and core fundamentals to deal with him its sad because every time they nerf liu dualist gets hurt really bad he is suppose to be advertised as the fastest character but has the second slowest poke -_- ill be happy with 8F poke #StopHurting liu
Yeah, Jeet Kune Do is a martial art that is know for speed and mobility, ironically , Liu is far from being the fastest character in the game.

Wigy

There it is...
I'm not comparing them mate, its not supposed to be compared, totally different properties with pros and con on both sides, but her poke was bad and it was buffed, a bit too much imo, is it going to stay, I don't know and I don;t care. I'm not asking 3 frames off Liu's d1, I'm asking for 1 frame off, just so I can counter poke if I get cornered. Btw, Takeda has a 8f d1 and a d3 that's + on block, but again, both characters with different pros and cons to their gameplans.
What im saying is he has a way out of getting poked for days and thats armour. He doesnt need faster pokes thats part of his design

PapaRegadetho

What im saying is he has a way out of getting poked for days and thats armour. He doesnt need faster pokes thats part of his design
Ok, I armor through, you know what happens? My opponent just low profiles the armor and its back to square 1. What if I don't have meter? Why can other people counter poke but my character can't?

omooba

fear the moobs
That's no more accurate than saying +2 isn't far from neutral. Frame advantage is frame advantage. Sure it's not as good as being +2, but it's a damn sight better than being neutral.

I'm not at the least. I'm just for mids working consistently. It's why I never really took to maining Johnny, and one of the things that made me drop Kano.
really don't think it is damn better than neutral but that's my opinion.

Wigy

There it is...
Ok, I armor through, you know what happens? My opponent just low profiles the armor and its back to square 1. What if I don't have meter? Why can other people counter poke but my character can't?
You can. Block their poke and go for your offence. If you don't think they'll poke f1 or ex dragon roar.

You have options. Thats the way hes designed. I rarely see liu kangs getting locked down by any character except jc and be locks down everyone.

fundamentally we have a difference on option on how good liu is, i dont think in terms of balance he needs a poke buff, it would just be nice.

Last edited:

PapaRegadetho

You can. Block their poke and go for your offence. If you don't think they'll poke f1 or ex dragon roar.

You have options. Thats the way hes designed. I rarely see liu kangs getting locked down by any character except jc and be locks down everyone.

fundamentally we have a difference on option on how good liu is, i dont think in terms of balance he needs a poke buff, it would just be nice.
Alrighty then. Alot of other characters with zoning capabilities were desgined with a slow poke in mind, but now some of them got their slow pokes buffed. Quan Chi and Shinnok got their d1 buffed to 6f, Mileena got one aswell. Now I realize why some of them got their d1 buffed, why can't you guys realize that Liu needs one aswell? Not a 6f, but an 8f. Its literally the only buff that he needs along with the fixes, it wouldn't magically sky rock Liu Kang to s+++, rather than just ensure that he doesn;t get locked down by certain characters.

Last edited:

Wigy

There it is...
Alrighty then. Alot of other characters with zoning capabilities were desgined with a slow poke in mind, but now some of them got their slow pokes buffed. Quan Chi and Shinnok got their d1 buffed to 6f, Mileena got one aswell. Now I realize why some of them got their d1 buffed, why can't you guys realize that Liu needs one aswell? Not a 6f, but an 8f. Its literally the only buff that he needs along with the fixes, it wouldn't magically sky rock Liu Kang to s+++, rather than just ensure that he doesn;t get locked down by certain characters.
Is df liu underpowered. Does he actually need a buff? Or would it be nice?

I would like jcs d3 to have any sort of utility but i realise he doesnt need any buffs in a list