What's new

Question - Liu Kang 3 Tiny buffs for liu kang?

Do you agree with bufss

• No

Votes: 39 68.4%
  • Yes (all3)

Votes: 11 19.3%
  • Yes(partially explain in comments)

Votes: 7 12.3%

• Total voters

The Celebrity

Professional Googler
You said kang shouldn't get an 8f d1 for nothing. I'm not sure if you're aware but an 8f d1 doesn't just "enforce his plus frames"; it also stops him from getting poke infinited by Goro and Ferra/Torr. Why should kang be nerfed even further for not getting infinited?
Because its entirely untrue lol. I actually used Lackey as an example in a thread awhile back when Liu Kang's loop infinite was brought up, so I've "known" about this for awhile. Lackey has a 6F D1 thats -3 on block. Liu Kang trades hits with that with both his D1 and B1. Goro has a 6F D3 thats -4 on block. Liu Kang straight up beats that with both B1 and D1.

Please don't use the word infinite like that. As a Liu Kang player you should know that simply throwing around the word "infinite" is not good for anyone. Don't spread false information.

Frenzy

Noob
Because its entirely untrue lol. I actually used Lackey as an example in a thread awhile back when Liu Kang's loop infinite was brought up, so I've "known" about this for awhile. Lackey has a 6F D1 thats -3 on block. Liu Kang trades hits with that with both his D1 and B1. Goro has a 6F D3 thats -4 on block. Liu Kang straight up beats that with both B1 and D1.

Please don't use the word infinite like that. As a Liu Kang player you should know that simply throwing around the word "infinite" is not good for anyone. Don't spread false information.
This is something that I've been told is true, but it seems that you have debunked that. My apologies for using that dirty word (infinite) so loosely. The d1 speed isn't even my biggest gripe out of Kang's issues. I just want less recovery on dd1 in flame fist and dualist to compensate for the f213 nerf and whiffing issues fixed.

Bruno-NeoSpace

They see me zonin', they hatin'
I agree about to increase Dragon's Roar hitbox. I would change the first buff and the 3rd buff with fixing his hitbox issues - 111, f213, f44, Dualist's orbs and Flame Fist's windmill punchs.

Nortnauq

QUAN CHI FOR DLC
I'm complaining about actual problems. Quan's are pissed that they now have to play the wake up game like every other character ever. They can't do unblockable after unblockable anymore. I have respect for people like dink who have already done their best to adjust. Granted I would like to see him get a better wake up to justify the nerfs.
Quan Chi has unblockables?

omooba

fear the moobs
I would like Roar not to be so easily low protiled, but I also think that FK MB should be neutral on block. Other than that we're in a pretty great place with Liu Kangaroo.
plus 1 for liu kang is basically neutral

God Confirm

We're all from Earthrealm. If not, cool pic brah.
9 frame poke?
no character should have a poke as bad as 9 frames
This is the trade offs you make

I could easy no "no character should be without workable armor" but look at Quan, character would be broken with it and needs it to offset his shit

LK is an excellent character without a poke faster than 9f, hes also looking to be even stronger next patch when all his competition gets nerfed much heavier than himself. The last thing he needs is buffs to the holes in his game

Wigy

There it is...
He only needs hitbox adjustments and he is perfect. A faster d1 would prevent any-type of pseudo block infinites, since you know, DF got nerfed for the same reason, plus other characters got their faster d1. Please don't forget that there are other variations that suffer because of this, mostly Dualist.
Any changes should be just for dualist.

His db2 being low profiled makes sense as its armoured and safe. If its guna not get low profiled, should be at least -6 or more.

Bruno-NeoSpace

Do you guys thinks that it's worth to spend 2 bars to do the EX Fireball MB in the Dragon's Fire variation? It does 23% damage but it's so meeehhh... -17 on block and in a close range it has gap :confused:
Most of the times I only do it because the animation is very sick :p

Last edited:

Dankster Morgan

It is better this way
Do you guys thinks that it's worth to spend 2 bars to do the EX Fireball MB in the Dragon's Fire variation? It does 23% damage but it's so meeehhh... -17 on block and in a close range it has gap :confused:
If it's unbreakable and could end a game hell yeah

PapaRegadetho

All hail emperor Liucifer Kang!
Any changes should be just for dualist.

His db2 being low profiled makes sense as its armoured and safe. If its guna not get low profiled, should be at least -6 or more.
Its his only mid hitting special and its a bit slow on startup (in DF and Dualist), it shouldn't get low profiled. But that's not his only issue, any string that starts with s1 is bad due to the second hit always whiffing. Now imagine doing the 113 string, a string that has a gap between 11()3, that means the first hit will hit on block and the rest you can armor out easily for free. F44 and F444 have whiffing issues aswell, those things have to get fixed, its an issue since the launch of the game. D1 being 9 frames would't be so bad if the range wasn't so short, which means you cant counter poke against characters that have good range d4's that push back you in the corner and can spam the hell out of it you don;t have meter, it happens alot.

Bruno-NeoSpace

If it's unbreakable and could end a game hell yeah
Yeah, but it is not like Kenshi that you can do EX Rising Karma in a crossover of your oponent, then you do EX tele-flurry to do unbreakable damage because It is very easy to do because EX Rising Karma has armor. To do the unbreakable damage using the EX fireball MB you need to have a very good moment. Like if your oponent it is not blocking, or you do F4,4 into EX fireball MB... but it is very rare...

X-RAY spends 3 bars, it has super armor, it is +6 I think and it does 32% damage on hit I think. It is very useful.
EX fireball MB spends 2 bars, it does not have armor, it is -17 on block but it has pushback but some characters can punish it and it does 23% damage on hit.
EX fireball spends 1 bar, it does no have armor, it is -2 on block, it has pushback and it does 14% damage on hit.

I am not finding out a very good way to explain my point, but I think you understand me...

PapaRegadetho

All hail emperor Liucifer Kang!
Yeah, its cool for ending a match with swag, lol :D

Dankster Morgan

It is better this way
Yeah, but it is not like Kenshi that you can do EX Rising Karma in a crossover of your oponent, then you do EX tele-flurry to do unbreakable damage because It is very easy to do because EX Rising Karma has armor. To do the unbreakable damage using the EX fireball MB you need to have a very good moment. Like if your oponent it is not blocking, or you do F4,4 into EX fireball MB... but it is very rare...

X-RAY spends 3 bars, it has super armor, it is +6 I think and it does 32% damage on hit I think. It is very useful.
EX fireball MB spends 2 bars, it does not have armor, it is -17 on block but it has pushback but some characters can punish it and it does 23% damage on hit.
EX fireball spends 1 bar, it does no have armor, it is -2 on block, it has pushback and it does 14% damage on hit.

I am not finding out a very good way to explain my point, but I think you understand me...
I'm unfamiliar with the move, I meant if it will kill then yeah you probably arnt gonna get another way to kill off of a hit ex fireball.

Wigy

There it is...
Its his only mid hitting special and its a bit slow on startup (in DF and Dualist), it shouldn't get low profiled. But that's not his only issue, any string that starts with s1 is bad due to the second hit always whiffing. Now imagine doing the 113 string, a string that has a gap between 11()3, that means the first hit will hit on block and the rest you can armor out easily for free. F44 and F444 have whiffing issues aswell, those things have to get fixed, its an issue since the launch of the game. D1 being 9 frames would't be so bad if the range wasn't so short, which means you cant counter poke against characters that have good range d4's that push back you in the corner and can spam the hell out of it you don;t have meter, it happens alot.
I'd be fine with his s1etc to be fixed but lot of characters cant reliably break armour which would mean pretty much free wakeups whenever you have a bar vs them

His pokes are slow for a reason, its basically his only weakness in DF along with low profilable wakeups.

He has holes but is he really suffering hard from it.. Bug fixes sure but leave df alone in terms of buffs

Last edited: