What's new

General/Other - Cyrax 3/29/16 Patch V.13 Discussion

Gengar

Hypnosis > Dreameater (its a reset)
f131~Ex grab on males (or all characters in the corner) into s4~net, does the net not last long enough to throw a bomb and uppercut now?

M.D.

Spammer. Crouch walk hater.
You are just panicked, you can do NJP s4 net df2 f43 df3 111dd3 21db2 d2 s4airgrab for meterless 32% still, so no worries there.

Combos just changed, you need to hit him out of the air net after bomb instead of waiting, and use more ground bombs that's all.

Also you can do the old bnbs from the air net but you have to spend a bar for ex close ground bomb instead of close hover bomb after an air net (because of proximity detonation net ends early but he falls in the ex ground bomb and all old combos work for 1 bar).

MadeOfMetal

Kenshi Srubtastic,Cyrax, Special Forces Mains
cyrax is ruined.... better get buffed.... this is why i hate this whining community. i would play cyrax from time to time, him being one of my favorites.

well not now, he is no fun and blows. no options, had horrible neutral to begin with. so take away all his air options into different cool looking swaggy combos, and i have no use for him.

they could have just left it at net holds them shorter so reset was ruined and did something with bomb timing to stop htb.

but this is the dumbest attempt at balancing ive ever seen NRS do.

quit simply this is just one huge example of how NRS is incapable of balancing characters without hugely effecting the gameplay of a character.

glad i switched to Bo Rai Cho. cuz he is op as fuck, and noone says anything about him. its almost like the top players are purposly downplaying him to use him in upcomming tournaments unpatched, who knows.

but to me he has it all, great mixups, great space control. nice anti zoning tools, vortex city, multiple restands, setups. and more;)

i used to play acidic and well thats kinda ruined.. i had so much fun, strategically planning on stack combos to make them bleed out. welp thats gone.

#Shrapnel Port is Useless (11% knockdown for a bar) when lao, mileena, and many others get launchers for thier armor, and much faster ones i might add.
#bring back Net combos
#just nerf Reset

Last edited:

scarsunseen

Miley Cyrax®
Also, if you catch them with F13-net or F21-net, you don't have time to dash in, then far bomb, F43... etc... due to the reduced time in the net.

M.D.

Spammer. Crouch walk hater.
You can still dash df2 f43 after any ground net but it's very tight, street fighter link style.
But it still works, tested it thoroughly.

Easy combos still working:

(f13/f21/b1) net, dash df2 f43 df2 f43 df3 d2 dd2 f34 4 airthrow
(njp/starter to air bounce) 4 net, df2 f43 df3 111dd3 21 db2 d2 4 airthrow

As I said, you can still do meterless multi bomb combos, just have to work ground bombs in the combo as well. And air net combos still work, as long as after airnet xx bomb you hit them out of the net in the bomb instead of waiting.

The only actual nerfs were damage scaling (getting max 32% now) and net restriction after bomb.

Which means if you do footsie shenanigans into any bomb and you succeed, you can only get no net combos bleah.

Last edited:

JDM

Noob
Tell me why Cyrax is now bottom 5? Lmao. Holy shit I don't even know what they were going for with these changes. NRS are fucking high.

Honestly I cannot think of a more useless character right now. Bottom 5 is generous, he's the worst in the game arguably. Terrible balancing, NRS. I'm ashamed. They were doing fine up until this point with MKX, but this character is done.

IBreakemoffI

Shut Down!
Yeah completely stupid to have a blow out for the cyrax combos which left me dreaming about gettig on Mk again a feeling i haven't felt since Mortal Kombat 9. Also the hard to block was getting bloked consistently from good players. Why Nerf bombs in the combo as it was only like 1 % and IMO a way to get a timeout. The net leavin faster and adding armor but no combo from it... Wow I literally ran a set 9-10 with a dualist Lui kang and I was struggling and it's not like cyrax was op. Thanks for taking the only character I actually liked in MKX and taking everything I loved about him and taking it out.

Not like you were guaranteed the cool combos as well you had to still be on point.

SOULWARRIOR 71K

XBL: SOULWARRIOR 71K PSN: SOULWARRIOR71K
I hate all of the nerfs but I really hate the net timer reduction. I feel like I'm rushing which I don't like at all. They took away the reasons to fear him: getting caught in a net and eating high damage combo into htb.

Krabman

Noob
No you won't because he's garbage now and judging by your avatar you only use top tier characters.
lol what? Because I main tremor who's been nerfed again and again you assume I only play top tier characters? You should check your logic and not be so quick to assume.

TrulyAmiracle

Loud and Klear~
Sigh.. It's been real, folks. I didn't even get to post enough to get to know my Cyrax Cyber-brethrens but fuck this lol.
I had a fuckton of trouble learning all his combos and the million timings to do combos at every spot of the screen and eat shit with no reversals or armor. Thought that was the trade-off for having some nice dirt.
Either way not gonna re-learn everything for less damage and also have no mixup/setups at the end of the line.. Fuck that shit.

I'll still have him as a pocket later on (whenever I do get the time to adjust fuckin everything I used to do from combos, setups, mixups etc) but nothing serious.

Going back to Jin, Jacqui and Kotal. Seems they're so basic that NRS is willing to leave them alone.

Last edited:

MadeOfMetal

Kenshi Srubtastic,Cyrax, Special Forces Mains
i want to cry...cryax
Cyrax is hella lower than he used to be.

on release i felt he was top 10 for sure, he hit close to mid tier now with those nerfs.

Don't get me wrong Cyrax is not Bottom tier, but definitely does not deserve to be left here from that god awful patch.

what he needs is some Launching armor, or option to use Metered Net in combo. (obviously normal net should remain the same)

either way if he got that, even though many place him Low mid. after gaining one of those id be willing to say he would be top 10 and very tournament viable despite his glaring short comings.

just a note:

just use 3-4 bomb combos now. his 6 bomb combos are useless. they all max at 33-35% no matter how many bombs or bars you spend.

but if you wan't to make combos look more swaggy and risk timing issues that leave you negative then by all means use the 5-7 bomb combos. (for the same amount of damage as 4 bombs)

im glad his Dirt was removed, but he is very much lacking in many fronts. and needs his armor to do something more than 11% and waisted bar.
either make Shrapnel Port Launch (which obviously wont do much damage without net setup for bombs, since that has been removed)

or

Make EX Net useable after bomb hit. (if its metered he would have to waist 1 bar for each reset and only get 18%-24% off each bar) this seems fair, and obviously noone would use it for reset, they would use it in combos to extend. and lets remember even before the nerf Net made combos drop 4-8%. so their is great damage reduction already.

and cyrax took a 45% setup combo to 33% with this damage nerf.

thats 12% off that one combo. ive herd people on here rage at much less. like Smokes 2% damage reduction. or jaxs 5% damage reduction.

and there was 55% combos that we can only make 33% now.

so essentially Cyrax got a 22% damage reduction on his best combos.

#RIP Cyrax Damage

# Autistic Nerfs Lowered Cyrax IQ

Dinosaur

Data Collecting
they did to cyrax in one patch what they did to raiden in three patches, atleast now they ruin a character quickly instead of dragging it out like usual. With tremor being an exception, poor guy.