What's new

General/Other - Cyrax 3/29/16 Patch V.13 Discussion

xxFalcon Loverxx

Ignorant slaves, how quickly you forget.
This is considered a discussion?

I call it downplay. The only one NOT downplaying John The Savage, scarsunseen and i could be missing a few more players.

xxFalcon Loverxx

Alright kiddo, when I see him start making tourney impacts and dominating other characters then I'll start buying in. Until then he's mid tier at best to me.
He's right outside top tier aka upper mid....Or top tier imo, the lower characters have lesser tools than him, he still has htb, he still has 33% meterless midscreen, corner is.....Shit, he has nothing in the corner. He's absolute dogshit in the corner, 40% 1 bar whiff punisher, he still has 33% meterless midscreen whiff punisher, he still has armor break.He still has tools.Lab before you blab.

Levaranoia

War God
He's right outside top tier aka upper mid....Or top tier imo, the lower characters have lesser tools than him, he still has htb, he still has 33% meterless midscreen, corner is.....Shit, he has nothing in the corner. He's absolute dogshit in the corner, 40% 1 bar whiff punisher, he still has 33% meterless midscreen whiff punisher, he still has armor break.He still has tools.Lab before you blab.
And like I said when I see someone taking all this theory fighting and implementing it in tourney and winning, I'll buy in. Until then I stand by my previous statement.

Madog32

PSN: ImaGiveItToUBaby
since when does mid-tier === trash??

reading some of this salt really makes me giggle. Justifying it with 'his combos aren't swaggy enough now' or 'I cant run out the clock anymore with 100000 bombs' or 'ive wasted soo much time fleshing him out in the last month and now he's different...IM DONE' are extremely entertaining. 1 months worth of time is nothing in the life of this game, and some characters that have been out since release have also undergone major overhauls over the last year. THOSE ppl are the ones who have actually put a considerable amount of time into learning their character, and yet the cyrax cries ring 100x louder than any of those characters.

Standing armor means we can interrupt gaps now which was one of his biggest weaknesses before.

He still can do 33% meterless that ends with a bomb on the screen. Last I checked that is still good meterless damage.

You can get over 20% trades off of a random bombs full screen without being able to net.

Has 1 bar 50% hard-to-blockable combos. That are safe on block.

Still has all of his corner set ups even without net, just less damage at 27% each rotation meterless into another set up (can spend a bar to get 40% into another corner set up).

Can get 45% meterless off a raw NJP with a htb combo.

Can break armor with ex bomb set ups.

His only problem is his neutral and lack of good mids which were his exact problems before. Yeah they maybe went a little overboard on him but there is no way he is trash.
^^this right here. He is still a solid character that can play the same game everyone else is playing.

Cyrax is hella lower than he used to be.

on release i felt he was top 10 for sure, he hit close to mid tier now with those nerfs.

Don't get me wrong Cyrax is not Bottom tier, but definitely does not deserve to be left here from that god awful patch.
If you can say yourself that he's not bottom tier and you would place him somewhere in mid tier, what justifies asking for anything more?? Because you paid for him? Because the combos arent as swaggy for ya as they used to be??

I'm not trying to pick on anyone. I just really dont understand this logic. After going through several forums similar to this, i feel like everything can be boiled down to "he was sooo cool on release, and I did have to pay for him, so why shouldn't I get to keep all my BS from release?"

DAFUQ??

xxFalcon Loverxx

reading some of this salt really makes me giggle. Justifying it with 'his combos aren't swaggy enough now' or 'I cant run out the clock anymore with 100000 bombs' or 'ive wasted soo much time fleshing him out in the last month and now he's different...IM DONE' are extremely entertaining. 1 months worth of time is nothing in the life of this game, and some characters that have been out since release have also undergone major overhauls over the last year. THOSE ppl are the ones who have actually put a considerable amount of time into learning their character, and yet the cyrax cries ring 100x louder than any of those characters.

^^this right here. He is still a solid character that can play the same game everyone else is playing.

If you can say yourself that he's not bottom tier and you would place him somewhere in mid tier, what justifies asking for anything more?? Because you paid for him? Because the combos arent as swaggy for ya as they used to be??

I'm not trying to pick on anyone. I just really dont understand this logic. After going through several forums similar to this, i feel like everything can be boiled down to "he was sooo cool on release, and I did have to pay for him, so why shouldn't I get to keep all my BS from release?"

DAFUQ??
Exactly. There are 5 or 4 people who think that cyrax isn't trash and i think those people are the only ones to be actually called "Cyrax main" instead of "tier whore".
Sure, i myself was pretty enraged by the changes but then i went to the lab and found out he isn't that bad. He's still very good, people need to stop the downplay.

I'm ashamed to be a part of the triborg community now.

scarsunseen

RIP TYM 6/11/2021
The thing about Cyrax in his current state is that: if you play Cyrax casually, you're going to be awful. If you know him on an advanced level, you will probably dominate. There's no middle with this character. He has dirt still but it's VERY high execution.

MadeOfMetal

Kenshi Srubtastic,Cyrax, Special Forces Mains

DAFUQ??
not asking for Dirt

just shit he needs. he has alot of bad matchups. for exapmple, Mileena can B12 over and over, and there is nothing in his arsenal to hit her at max range.

what they did was castrate his Neautral, Strings, general gameplay, combos and even damage.

many characters have had a damage nerf, but he has gotten a 22% reduction on many combos. not 4% he got 22%.

mid tier is fine and all, but do you realize that i intend to main this character, not use poket characters to win bad matchups. and what defines a tier placement is matchups.

top tiers can pile through him like he is nothing. and thats not fair. i don't wan't half the cast to have glaring advantages over him in zoning/neutral/ and Footsies.

some mid tiers are fine where they are at because they have the dirt to overcome the situations where they are weak.

but they removed all that from cyrax, so when i say he need only to things.

1. His Shrapnel Port fixed, since they castrated it (id rather have the old one at this point)
  2. and Metered net allowed after Bomb connect.
i don't believe thats asking for too much. quite honestly he won't raise many tiers from those two adjustments, it would only serve to handel some matchups better.

now i am sorry for whatever character is your favorite that you feel if yours is low and mine should not be above yours while yours remains low.

thats not my fault, thats NRS's

all those Mid tiers should be raised as well and the Low tiers if there is any left.

other characters being below standards in this game of dirt is not an excuse to keep a character from getting what they need.

Madog32

PSN: ImaGiveItToUBaby
not asking for Dirt

just shit he needs. he has alot of bad matchups. for exapmple, Mileena can B12 over and over, and there is nothing in his arsenal to hit her at max range.

what they did was castrate his Neautral, Strings, general gameplay, combos and even damage.

many characters have had a damage nerf, but he has gotten a 22% reduction on many combos. not 4% he got 22%.

mid tier is fine and all, but do you realize that i intend to main this character, not use poket characters to win bad matchups. and what defines a tier placement is matchups.

top tiers can pile through him like he is nothing. and thats not fair. i don't wan't half the cast to have glaring advantages over him in zoning/neutral/ and Footsies.

some mid tiers are fine where they are at because they have the dirt to overcome the situations where they are weak.

but they removed all that from cyrax, so when i say he need only to things.

1. His Shrapnel Port fixed, since they castrated it (id rather have the old one at this point)
  2. and Metered net allowed after Bomb connect.
i don't believe thats asking for too much. quite honestly he won't raise many tiers from those two adjustments, it would only serve to handel some matchups better.

now i am sorry for whatever character is your favorite that you feel if yours is low and mine should not be above yours while yours remains low.

thats not my fault, thats NRS's

all those Mid tiers should be raised as well and the Low tiers if there is any left.

other characters being below standards in this game of dirt is not an excuse to keep a character from getting what they need.
so...tier-whore confirmed? While I agree that yes, it would be nice to have metered net connect in any combo, its not necessary to win any matches. You just need to learn the current version of Cyrax and get gud with that.

And there isn't anything wrong with his armored port, either. Just because a few other characters have an armored launcher doesnt mean you need one too. Now you have a means of interrupting strings with holes and getting the advantage. If you need to launch your opponent, find another way. There are plenty of other characters whose armored wakeups don't launch. Should everyone that mains those characters all drop them for Kitana because she has one?? Probably not a good idea...

The buffs you're asking for aren't crazy, but they're not needed. They'd just be luxury buffs that you probably feel are justified just because of what he was capable of on release.

BTW, my favorite character doesnt exist in this game. There's nothing but a glimpse of her in a variation that doesn't even do her justice. I don't mean to pick on you or anyone for that matter, but there is simply no reason to be asking for buffs for a character that isn't even on the bottom half of the tier list.

Last edited:

MadeOfMetal

Exactly. There are 5 or 4 people who think that cyrax isn't trash and i think those people are the only ones to be actually called "Cyrax main" instead of "tier whore".
Sure, i myself was pretty enraged by the changes but then i went to the lab and found out he isn't that bad. He's still very good, people need to stop the downplay.

I'm ashamed to be a part of the triborg community now.
i have respect for your tech and knowledge of Cyrax.

but i think i differ in opinion.

i play Cyrax at a high level and i am struggling with quite a few matchups.

there is Glaring problems in his neutral

was playing with a very good Mileena and had Frame perfect execution, Basically used B12 into a frame perfect followup of B12 at max range. what this caused was:

Jip got blown up, F13 wiffed, F21 wifed, EX Far Bomb hit before it started, DB1 hit before active, D1 wiffs, D3 wiffs, D4 wiffs, and every other normal was to slow so it got hit before it was active: conclusion is he has no tools to deal with those frames and range.

than you have Backdash which you can guess right, a high level player will read you and sometimes react and then you have to deal with Awesome Zoning and space control, which again, Cyrax fails in that department against a few matchups, her low sai tele and high sai, beat his net and bombs obviously.

and since the net has like 1/3rd the hold, they can block the bomb setup after that miracle grab by net. which sets you back into guess what Mixups or B12 abuse.

i love mileena don't get me wrong, not saying she is broke at all. just saying

Cyrax could benefit from a few adjustments.

having A launching armor move could help keep them off when they use these tactics.

and or having Metered net could help setup some nice combos for the cost of a bar.

i don't think im asking to much, i could be asking for normals to be adjusted but im not.

i find cyrax strong in alot of matchups, but when you are playing a match that knows the matchup and has that tier advantage, there in lies the problem

Last edited:

SOULWARRIOR 71K

XBL: SOULWARRIOR 71K PSN: SOULWARRIOR71K
It's taking some adjustment to not being able to use a net after a bomb, but I'm starting to find my way around needing it.

MadeOfMetal

so...tier-whore confirmed? While I agree that yes, it would be nice to have metered net connect in any combo, its not necessary to win any matches. You just need to learn the current version of Cyrax and get gud with that.

And there isn't anything wrong with his armored port, either. Just because a few other characters have an armored launcher doesnt mean you need one too. Now you have a means of interrupting strings with holes and getting the advantage. If you need to launch your opponent, find another way. There are plenty of other characters whose armored wakeups don't launch. Should everyone that mains those characters all drop them for Kitana because she has one?? Probably not a good idea...

The buffs you're asking for aren't crazy, but they're not needed. They'd just be luxury buffs that you probably feel are justified just because of what he was capable of on release.

BTW, my favorite character doesnt exist in this game. There's nothing but a glimpse of her in a variation that doesn't even do her justice. I don't mean to pick on you or anyone for that matter, but there is simply no reason to be asking for buffs for a character that isn't even on the bottom half of the tier list.
one im not a tier whore, i was a jason main and day one mileena main.

i love Cyrax and have since MK3, has nothing to do with tier placement. i just have a nostalgia for Him

as for that second comment in red:

that is whats wrong with the community, if it don't hurt and its not asking to much, then why not.

Do you even main Cyrax? i ask because i don't know you.

i suggest you ask for your own buffs.

And i am one who is frustrated with the combos damage reduction and swaggyness being gone. thats a big deal for me, because he is my favorite and to me thats what makes him Cyrax.

and i do know cyrax, i have him down. not evey single matchup just yet, but i have found far to many bad ones, do to his glaring holes that this patch alone created.

because they decided to Patch like children waving a wand.

if they would have made Net a knockdown after release and remove the current Restand from net drop. the Reset would have been adressed, and i would have been fine with everything.

but they shelled out 18 nerfs for Cyrax, and removed Combo diversity, and with that went away Starter diversity and his somewhat mediocre Neutral strength.

id agree he might be upper mid tier.

now i don't know how well you have Cyrax down, but because i main him, i understand that what you referred to Luxury buffs, i refer to as Necessity, because i truly understand how that bridges the gap with his short comings.

Harlequin969

Always press buttons
Trying to step up my Cyrax game. I can combo mostly consistently and reset somewhat well. I need help in the neutral usually mid to full screen. For the most part I throw out bombs and nets to setup the mine field but with net timer down it's almost impossible for me to convert that net into anything with the inconsistencies of online. Also when it comes to bombs I have a hard time guessing when I should be switching between smart bombs and ground bombs from full screen. Also does Cyrax just get smothered by pressure or is there a way out outside of armor. Any tips from the other Cyrax players?

xxFalcon Loverxx

Trying to step up my Cyrax game. I can combo mostly consistently and reset somewhat well. I need help in the neutral usually mid to full screen. For the most part I throw out bombs and nets to setup the mine field but with net timer down it's almost impossible for me to convert that net into anything with the inconsistencies of online. Also when it comes to bombs I have a hard time guessing when I should be switching between smart bombs and ground bombs from full screen. Also does Cyrax just get smothered by pressure or is there a way out outside of armor. Any tips from the other Cyrax players?
His d1 gets low profiled pretty badly, so i use d1 and d3 as a tool to get put of pressure.