What's new

General/Other - Cyrax 3/29/16 Patch V.13 Discussion

scarsunseen

RIP TYM 6/11/2021
Been playing with patched Cyrax for about 15 minutes and here's what immediately comes to mind.

1) Opponent is caught in net for a short amount of time.

2) Can't do F43-(ex)DB4 45% mid-screen anymore. Opponent falls out of net faster.

3) Has standing armor on enhanced teleport, BUT can not combo off of enhanced teleport.

4) From my quick assessment, his corner hard-to-block game has been severely nerfed. After a HKD or splat knockdown, if you drop a close bomb followed by B3D4 for the hard-to-block setup, you can NOT do a net. This will not work mid-screen also.

5) Similar to above, can't do a net after a hard-to-block B1,2+4/low bomb setup.

6) Similar to above, can't do bomb/grab>both get knocked down>wake-up ex-saw>net... the net won't come out.

7) Can not do more than 4 smart bombs in a combo. Might have to mix it up more between smart bombs and low bombs.

Last edited:
Reactions: huh
Maybe I this will stop the temptation to throw my controller through the window.

In all seriousness though, not allowing a net after a bomb really helps avoid the BS HTB set ups without ruining bombs by making them mid or something.

huh

Noob
Although the ex-teleport has armor now, it now longer launches for a combo. Now the opponent is thrown far away, so, it is not possible to connect anything afterwards

Cyrax also cannot do more than 4 air bombs in a combo. But you can do extra ground bombs, so a combo like 111~net, df2, f43, df2, f43, df2, 114~dd2, d2, db3, walk back, 21~dd3, walkback, 212 (32%) is still possible. PS: You can do cut the last part of the combo ann do 111~net, df2, f43, df2, f43, df2, 114~dd2, d2, db3, walk back, 212 for the same 32%

After a net in the air, the opponent falls faster. It seems it is not possible to do b2, 4~net, db2... Or anything with db2 after a net on an airborne opponent. The opponent falls before the close bomb connects.

HTB is now much less dangerous, since the net cannot be used after a bomb in a combo. However, you can do something like dd3, b3d4, njp, f43~db4 for 29%

That's what I've noticed so far

Last edited:

scarsunseen

RIP TYM 6/11/2021
If your opponent is in any sort of hit stun animation followed by a bomb (while still in the previous hit stun animation), a net will NEVER come out.

This doesn't just affect HTB setups... it affects literally everything.

IE: If you uppercut someone into a bomb, you can't follow up with a net.

Last edited:

Reaper

Noob
also ive noticed that sometimes that if you cancel into a different bomb mid combo, while another bomb is still out then bomb won't come out

Harlequin969

Always press buttons
The net bomb nerf I was okay with until i heard that the net went away faster and there was a limit to the bombs per combo.

The Abbot

Unit LK-52O
cyrax needed a nerf, but these nerfs were total fucking bullshit
Thank You! It's beyond ridiculous. Damage and set ups are gone. Dude CSZ can't combo off f13,b1 and b3 from certain distances. The robots have been hit with the NRS nerf virus!

Krabman

Noob
Honestly tho I might learn cyrax now that he isn't complete horsesh!t and 75% of the cyrax mains will drop him.

Reaper

Noob
can we give the armor back and trade it for old net but it no longer restands? And can all my combos not lose 7% each?
I can't get anything off of trade, so if i trade i get hit for 6-9% while they get away, I hit with bomb full screen and I can't get anything big.

Reaper

Noob
Smoke's vortex isn't guaranteed anymore and his combos scale more(for whatever reason), Sektor lost his armor break, CSZ lost some midscreen damage and combos, Cyrax lost essentially all of his high damage setups and alot of his full screen confirms AND his combos do about 7% less(depending on how long it is).

But this motherfucker Johnny Cage gets a nutcracker fix