What's new

General/Other - Cyrax 3/29/16 Patch V.13 Discussion

John the Savage

"Safeties disabled, combat mode engaged."
You're kidding, right? He's horrible now. This isn't an overreaction either lol.
Maybe you shouldn't have posted this hours after the patch...Cyrax is no way bad now. I'd put him right in the middle.

Standing armor means we can interrupt gaps now which was one of his biggest weaknesses before.

He still can do 33% meterless that ends with a bomb on the screen. Last I checked that is still good meterless damage.

You can get over 20% trades off of a random bombs full screen without being able to net.

Has 1 bar 50% hard-to-blockable combos. That are safe on block.

Still has all of his corner set ups even without net, just less damage at 27% each rotation meterless into another set up (can spend a bar to get 40% into another corner set up).

Can get 45% meterless off a raw NJP with a htb combo.

Can break armor with ex bomb set ups.

But yeah he's bad...

His only problem is his neutral and lack of good mids which were his exact problems before. Yeah they maybe went a little overboard on him but there is no way he is trash.

Last edited:

xxFalcon Loverxx

Ignorant slaves, how quickly you forget.
Smoke's vortex isn't guaranteed anymore and his combos scale more(for whatever reason), Sektor lost his armor break, CSZ lost some midscreen damage and combos, Cyrax lost essentially all of his high damage setups and alot of his full screen confirms AND his combos do about 7% less(depending on how long it is).

But this motherfucker Johnny Cage gets a nutcracker fix
Off topic but:
Sektor has a corner armor breakign setup now, it doesn't work against tech roll though. I've used it alot in matches and it always works.

I was messing around with him in the lab then i found it.

xxFalcon Loverxx

Tell me why Cyrax is now bottom 5? Lmao. Holy shit I don't even know what they were going for with these changes. NRS are fucking high.

Honestly I cannot think of a more useless character right now. Bottom 5 is generous, he's the worst in the game arguably. Terrible balancing, NRS. I'm ashamed. They were doing fine up until this point with MKX, but this character is done.
They're balancing was terrible, i agree.
Cyrax isn't bottom 5 imo he's upper mid or top tier now. He should still be fine.

Kyloth

The cyber initiative lives on!
Off topic but:
Sektor has a corner armor breakign setup now, it doesn't work against tech roll though. I've used it alot in matches and it always works.

I was messing around with him in the lab then i found it.
There is specific topic about that in the Sektor forums posted by Ketchup. Could you please post it there as well. Thank you for the finding it is real nice.

Here is link for the topic on the Sektor forums:

http://testyourmight.com/threads/post-patch-hidden-sektor-nerf.59645/page-2#post-2076841

Thanks again.

JDM

Noob
Maybe you shouldn't have posted this hours after the patch...Cyrax is no way bad now. I'd put him right in the middle.

Standing armor means we can interrupt gaps now which was one of his biggest weaknesses before.

He still can do 33% meterless that ends with a bomb on the screen. Last I checked that is still good meterless damage.

You can get over 20% trades off of a random bombs full screen without being able to net.

Has 1 bar 50% hard-to-blockable combos. That are safe on block.

Still has all of his corner set ups even without net, just less damage at 27% each rotation meterless into another set up (can spend a bar to get 40% into another corner set up).

Can get 45% meterless off a raw NJP with a htb combo.

Can break armor with ex bomb set ups.

But yeah he's bad...

His only problem is his neutral and lack of good mids which were his exact problems before. Yeah they maybe went a little overboard on him but there is no way he is trash.
Good to hear, I hope I'm wrong. I'm done with him though unless people flesh him out for me now. I put in a ton of work into him and most of it got taken away, not worth relearning all the shit again for a character who isn't even that good. I love Cyrax but I been playing SFV more anyways. Someone show me how good he is now (since he didn't even place at FR, for fuck sakes) and I might play em again :V

xxFalcon Loverxx

Good to hear, I hope I'm wrong. I'm done with him though unless people flesh him out for me now. I put in a ton of work into him and most of it got taken away, not worth relearning all the shit again for a character who isn't even that good. I love Cyrax but I been playing SFV more anyways. Someone show me how good he is now (since he didn't even place at FR, for fuck sakes) and I might play em again :V
Ima show you. :)
Since i'm too lazy to make a video. Ima tell you* jk, i'll make one.

Reactions: JDM

THTB

Arez | Booya | Riu48 - Rest Easy, Friends
This is the leaky boat we're talking about here.

roosTakk

Chode Juggler
So its been a few days since the patch..whats the verdict on Cyrax? Bottom 10? Top 10?

I can't decide for myself because I am traveling for the next few weeks, no console

jokey77

Character Loyalist
Fwik b1/b3 still combo with ex-farbomb, while being plus on block. This might very well be his strongest tool, why is noone talking about this?

... I am done with the character though. Picked him up for beeing broken; these days are over! :p