What's new

General/Other - Cyrax 3/29/16 Patch V.13 Discussion

John the Savage

"Safeties disabled, combat mode engaged."
Honestly if they fixed d1 getting low profiled, and then did something crazy like making f1 a mid, and making 21 a mid mid instead of high mid Cyrax would shred so hard.

most likely never gonna happen though.

John the Savage

As a smoke player I know lol. Any tips for the full screen or just more bombs at varying heights?
Honestly the only hover bombs I use is the mid one. Usually in case they jump around. I do ground for far and close. If they are over respecting the bombs and just holding crouch block I usually try to run in and apply pressure at the same time. It can be tough but it's a good idea to try and have a close ground bomb out as often as possible. Helps keep them off of you.

F21 is obviously a decent tool. F34 is honestly pretty decent too. I find its good to use against people who just blindly run in when you get bombs on the ground.

213 I feel is somewhat un talked about. They actually made it better in the last patch making it -1 on block instead of -6. Now it isn't amazing but The last hit is an overhead that causes a hkd right in front of you that gives you a free 50/50 after. I've had some success even dropping the last hit on blocking enemies and doing b3 or b1 if they catch on. 21 leaves you at like +2 on block which usually by the time they realized you dropped the last hit of 213 makes the next 50/50 much harder to react to. Once you have conditioned them with this string it can help get in their head and open them up a lot easier I've found. Gotta be careful though because the first hit is a high.

If you catch them with a random bomb you can run in and NJP, b2, 4, bomb for 21% and a bomb on the ground. Or end with f43 air grab instead of 4, bomb for 25% hkd instead.

Another note if you catch them full screen with a net you can shoot a hover bomb out and it will connect before the net times out. So off of full screen net trades you can do something like this,

Net, df2, dd2, dd2(after the first dd2 bomb explodes), d2, db3, 21 dd3, NJP, b2, 4, ground bomb. Think it does around 25%.

Harlequin969

Always press buttons
Honestly the only hover bombs I use is the mid one. Usually in case they jump around. I do ground for far and close. If they are over respecting the bombs and just holding crouch block I usually try to run in and apply pressure at the same time. It can be tough but it's a good idea to try and have a close ground bomb out as often as possible. Helps keep them off of you.

F21 is obviously a decent tool. F34 is honestly pretty decent too. I find its good to use against people who just blindly run in when you get bombs on the ground.

213 I feel is somewhat un talked about. They actually made it better in the last patch making it -1 on block instead of -6. Now it isn't amazing but The last hit is an overhead that causes a hkd right in front of you that gives you a free 50/50 after. I've had some success even dropping the last hit on blocking enemies and doing b3 or b1 if they catch on. 21 leaves you at like +2 on block which usually by the time they realized you dropped the last hit of 213 makes the next 50/50 much harder to react to. Once you have conditioned them with this string it can help get in their head and open them up a lot easier I've found. Gotta be careful though because the first hit is a high.

If you catch them with a random bomb you can run in and NJP, b2, 4, bomb for 21% and a bomb on the ground. Or end with f43 air grab instead of 4, bomb for 25% hkd instead.

Another note if you catch them full screen with a net you can shoot a hover bomb out and it will connect before the net times out. So off of full screen net trades you can do something like this,

Net, df2, dd2, dd2(after the first dd2 bomb explodes), d2, db3, 21 dd3, NJP, b2, 4, ground bomb. Think it does around 25%.
213 has been okay except for the people who know there's a gap in 213 and backdash. Not often but it does happen. As for full screen net, does df2 connect now that the hit advantage of net has been reduced? Especially on a trade where you can't react immediately.

John the Savage

213 has been okay except for the people who know there's a gap in 213 and backdash. Not often but it does happen. As for full screen net, does df2 connect now that the hit advantage of net has been reduced? Especially on a trade where you can't react immediately.
Yup it connects. Since the net travels full screen before hitting them you recover fast enough to get it out fairly easy.

John the Savage

If it's a really bad trade where their projectile hits you late it might not come out in time to connect. Haven't tested it enough. But I have taken trades and still got it off.

Hellbringer

1 2 3 drink
one im not a tier whore, i was a jason main and day one mileena main.

i love Cyrax and have since MK3, has nothing to do with tier placement. i just have a nostalgia for Him

as for that second comment in red:

that is whats wrong with the community, if it don't hurt and its not asking to much, then why not.

Do you even main Cyrax? i ask because i don't know you.

i suggest you ask for your own buffs.

And i am one who is frustrated with the combos damage reduction and swaggyness being gone. thats a big deal for me, because he is my favorite and to me thats what makes him Cyrax.

and i do know cyrax, i have him down. not evey single matchup just yet, but i have found far to many bad ones, do to his glaring holes that this patch alone created.

because they decided to Patch like children waving a wand.

if they would have made Net a knockdown after release and remove the current Restand from net drop. the Reset would have been adressed, and i would have been fine with everything.

but they shelled out 18 nerfs for Cyrax, and removed Combo diversity, and with that went away Starter diversity and his somewhat mediocre Neutral strength.

id agree he might be upper mid tier.

now i don't know how well you have Cyrax down, but because i main him, i understand that what you referred to Luxury buffs, i refer to as Necessity, because i truly understand how that bridges the gap with his short comings.
@esg jagged :DOGE

John the Savage

@Harlequin969 if they start backdashing 213 (if you ever use it) you can switch it to 21 db1. Which will leave them in a hkd in front of you as well and is a true block string.

MadeOfMetal

Kenshi Srubtastic,Cyrax, Special Forces Mains
@esg jagged :DOGE
Vadim is not on here anymore, im his younger brother. jagged or whatever you call him, is my brother thats 6 years older than me. he said he wanted nothing to do with TYM and said here is my account, so i changed the name and took over the account.

did you know my brother?

friend or foe?

Hellbringer

1 2 3 drink
Vadim is not on here anymore, im his younger brother. jagged or whatever you call him, is my brother thats 6 years older than me. he said he wanted nothing to do with TYM and said here is my account, so i changed the name and took over the account.

did you know my brother?

friend or foe?
Lmao ok

MadeOfMetal

Kenshi Srubtastic,Cyrax, Special Forces Mains
i would still encourage NRS to give Cyrax a few buffs.

Maybe Armor launching, and maybe F13 reaching longer so we can deal with Mileena B12