What's new

2018 FIFA World Cup Thread

STRYKIE

Are ya' ready for MK11 kids?!
Ronaldo confirmed to Juve btw.

I think Real Madrid are done for the next couple of years until they rebuild a decent squad again.
I wondered this too, but equally, this is Real Madrid we're talking about. Would they have agreed to sell him without having someone else lined up?

Braindead

I want Kronika to step on my face
I wondered this too, but equally, this is Real Madrid we're talking about. Would they have agreed to sell him without having someone else lined up?
Whomever they bring in, I doubt he'll be able to carry Benzema. If Benzema is to leave as well, it'll be a proper rebuild job, with Bale also looking to be on his way out.

Either way I don't think they'll be strong enough for the next couple of years. Especially considering they got owned in the league this year.

Braindead

Maaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaannnnn this year was it for Belgium. It was now or never. Never it is.

Can't believe England's sandbagging actually worked.

Braindead

I'm glad it's France though. They have a fantastic team and they've been getting better and better with each match. Mbappe is playing out of his mind. They deserve to win the whole thing.

vapid

cyber warlord
Yeah I saw the game but wasn't online to comment at the time. Going to be watching the England-Croatia game in the pub with some friends later; not overly confident, but it's certainly doable. I think Croatia will shift up a gear today and score relatively early.

I'm just happy we made it to a semi-final for the first time in 28 years, so by any measure England have had a good run. May the best team win, and ideally before 90 minutes - not sure I could sit through penalties again, and I doubt the Croatian players want to either!

Even if England do win and make it to the final, they will have their work cut out against the France that played yesterday. They are on solid form and may even get better... or not, as was the case with Belgium. Anything can happen on the day. :D