What's new

2018 FIFA World Cup Thread

Braindead

I want Kronika to step on my face
Yep. Messi now the third Argentine to score in 3 World Cups alongside Maradona and Batistuta (legend).
4 years ago before the 2014 World Cup I decided to quit being a fan after being one for many years because I realised all the players I used to love in that team were long gone. Batistuta, Ortega, Veron, Riquelme, Crespo, Zanetti, Ayala... That bunch.

I miss those players.

TheGabStandard

The anticipation is killing me
4 years ago before the 2014 World Cup I decided to quit being a fan after being one for many years because I realised all the players I used to love in that team were long gone. Batistuta, Ortega, Veron, Riquelme, Crespo, Zanetti, Ayala... That bunch.

I miss those players.
yeah they were a great crew of players. Grew up watching a ton of Serie A so have a close affinity to some of the names you mentioned. As much as I love today's football I think late 90s to mid 2000s was an amazing era in terms of quality players, probably a lot of them have been long forgotten.

kcd117

Noob
I miss the 80/90's talent as well, even tho I didn't see most players on their prime. I think today's soccer is a much more tactical sport than it used to be in the past decades.

Deep33

Noob
I hope Uruguay (the silent underdog stunner) wins this worldcup. All these noisy obnoxious Brits, Spaniards, Brazilians and Argentines need to lose.

Braindead

OK last minute corner to Nigeria and their goalkeeper to head it in to send them through.

I just wanna see that for once before I die lmao

Deep33

Noob
Well, looks like the sole African team left on the list just got sent home. JAPAN, my dear underdog Asian Shinobis....counting on you to send all the loud obnoxious fkers home.

TheGabStandard

The anticipation is killing me
man, so many big teams could have gone out by now and yet they are scraping through. Admiring and yet frustrating at the same time

Braindead

Lmao Argentina so lucky to get an easy group.

The only team so far to go through with only 4 points and will most likely still be the only team by the end of the week.