What's new

Match-up Discussion 2013 Ermac MU Chart

SonicFox5000

The Best.
you play crack mileena. which i feel would just kill herself against ermac
then again, i have never played you and we both have been at every east coast tourney except this past WB
Thats the deceiving part ;_;. I appear that I play crack mileena! Im a very smart player~

zaf

professor
I already have a 47% dmg meterless combo for roll animations. I have been telling it for almost a year now. Apparently no one was listening.
metzos uses b2 b1 lift and it ends to 48

i was unfortunate enough to try a scorpion iatp
Yea, I know about that one. I really should use that now >_>.
I don't know why i wasn't before.
Does the b2 catch them in the air? or right as they touch the ground?

Thats the deceiving part ;_;. I appear that I play crack mileena! Im a very smart player~
Yea i know that's how you play, and i do recognize that.

Qwark28

Joker waiting room

Yea i know that's how you play, and i do recognize that.
air, scales much better, just like scorps b2

did you actually reply WITHIN my quote?

damn another discovery

Metzos

You will BOW to me!
Both.You can even go for the unblockable and if they try to jump out they will get hit. It can only be stuffed by fast armored moves, but there is no need to go for the unblockable. 47% dmg meterless is just fine. No need to take risks.

NRF CharlieMurphy

Kindergarten Meta
How ? Plz explain. Bombs ? And i answer. Dashing. Up close Cyrax wins slightly, but full screen and mid screen Ermac has the upper hand.
up close cyrax DESTROYS ermac. not slightly. Everything he does is safe. He can bait pokes and toss a net for free.
Command grab mixups can also be tossed in there for his amusement.

I don't think you realize just how stupid this character is when he touches you on block as well as hit. If he confirms any 21 or 12 ... thats exNet and death. Denzell showed us just how dumb he is with good HC.
AT worst he'll end a string in ragdoll and be safe to start counter poking you.

what can ermac do? d1 and d3? have fun with the 1% - 80% risk reward.

Metzos

You will BOW to me!
up close cyrax DESTROYS ermac. not slightly. Everything he does is safe. He can bait pokes and toss a net for free.
Command grab mixups can also be tossed in there for his amusement.

I don't think you realize just how stupid this character is when he touches you on block as well as hit. If he confirms any 21 or 12 ... thats exNet and death. Denzell showed us just how dumb he is with good HC.
AT worst he'll end a string in ragdoll and be safe to start counter poking you.

what can ermac do? d1 and d3? have fun with the 1% - 80% risk reward.
Ok lets say he DESTROYS Ermac as you say. I dont find it impossible. Yes, he is really good up close. Command grabs can be broken. I realize how stupid this character is, believe me, i have experienced it first hand against Mustard, and that was before he started using his resets. My question is, how he is going to get in ? He cannot spam bombs, cause that can be dealt with, with dashing to TKP from full screen to mid screen. Nets from that distance as well, are out of the question. Teleport is out of the question. And what do you mean that he can bait down pokes with a net ?

NRF CharlieMurphy

Kindergarten Meta
Ok lets say he DESTROYS Ermac as you say. I dont find it impossible. Yes, he is really good up close. Command grabs can be broken. I realize how stupid this character is, believe me, i have experienced it first hand against Mustard, and that was before he started using his resets. My question is, how he is going to get in ? He cannot spam bombs, cause that can be dealt with, with dashing to TKP from full screen to mid screen. Nets from that distance as well, are out of the question. Teleport is out of the question. And what do you mean that he can bait down pokes with a net ?
unless you have jedi mind powers.... he will get a net/bomb on the screen..... which will usually be behind you so you have to close distance. it is just the nature of the game. Its not spamming... just simply getting one out at the right moment. Sure... you'll hit him a few times... but that is simply fueling him.
So... no... bomb and nets aren't out of the question.

He can bait pokes with his strings and simply back dash and toss a net. What can you do about it? nothing. Hell he can do it with d4 because its 0 on block.
Cyrax is a bully character.

Metzos

You will BOW to me!
unless you have jedi mind powers.... he will get a net/bomb on the screen..... which will usually be behind you so you have to close distance. it is just the nature of the game. Its not spamming... just simply getting one out at the right moment. Sure... you'll hit him a few times... but that is simply fueling him.
So... no... bomb and nets aren't out of the question.

He can bait pokes with his strings and simply back dash and toss a net. What can you do about it? nothing. Hell he can do it with d4 because its 0 on block.
Cyrax is a bully character.
Ok, so now just dashing forward and backwards, requires jedi powers ? Thats a first one. Yeah he will get a bomb or net on the screen. So ? I close the distance. SO ? "Sure, you ll hit him a few times". You do realise TKP does 11% dmg, its a zoning tool and has insane range and hit box, yes ? 3 of those=33% unbreakable dmg. Oh thats what you meant about baiting. And what if Ermac jumps then ? Or just dash block the net ? I ll tell you what happens. 40+% dmg. These arent facts you are telling me. These are reads. Same applies for both sides. Yes, he has resets and insane dmg, but that means squat if he cant touch me. Same with Quan Chi's rune-trap. Cyrax is STUPID, i dont deny that at all. But you arent giving me facts here man. You cant judge a MU based on reads alone. The reads come off the player, not the character.

Post edited.

Red Reaper

The Hyrax Whisperer
Both.You can even go for the unblockable and if they try to jump out they will get hit. It can only be stuffed by fast armored moves, but there is no need to go for the unblockable. 47% dmg meterless is just fine. No need to take risks.
Kan you get 47% against Mileena's Roll? She doesn't land..

EMPEROR_THEO

I only use characters with wakeup scoops.
Agreed with the Jax and Ermac number. Jax's low hitbox and fast normals are good for shutting down Ermac's up close game. Full screen, if Jax gets one or two good reads on Ermac throwing a projectile with a far GP, then Ermac zoning him fullscreen is a losing battle. The only place Ermac wins is midscreen, since he can shut down Jax's GP game with TKP or lift, and that's not fun. In the corner, Ermac has no hope.

LionHeart

Whisper within a sigh
Kan you get 47% against Mileena's Roll? She doesn't land..
Since I've experienced this 1st hand, he basically charges b2 for about 10 frames and catches you off the air followed-up by a b1-lift for approximately 21312% dmg from one stupid roll...

Pressuring Ermac with 42-ex ball is very stupid IMO.