What's new

Tech - Cyrax 2-bar inescapable 55% reset

MadeOfMetal

Kenshi Srubtastic,Cyrax, Special Forces Mains
yeah i love this one, i use it all the time. you and reaper are forces to be reckoned with. i appreciate all your posts in the cyrax threads, glad to have you as a part of Team Cyrax.

is whats sad is he needs this.

becaus ehis neutral game is so bad and his zoning is so bad, ill take what i can get, after that damage nerf this helps get some damage.

i think the way i do it is:

F21 EX DB1, RC- B2, Step forward Standing 4-Net, DD3 step forward, B2, Step back, Standing 4, EX DB4, F43-DB4

MadeOfMetal

Yup. If Cyrax's neutral game was improved and he didn't have to be so reset-heavy, that would be ideal. Currently, his neutral is poo.
i wish you had XB1 :(
then we could be Cyrax buddies and practice buddies, i go online and there is no Cyrax players i feel alone

myri

Time Warrior

I can't be backdashed. It can't be armored. It can't be blocked. It can't be jumped out of. It can't be throw broken. It can't be bargained with. It can't be reasoned with. It doesn't feel pity, or remorse, or fear. And it absolutely will not stop, ever, until you are dead.
Nice Predator reference :DOGE

omooba

fear the moobs
everytime something stupid comes up about cyrax cyrax mains be like 'but he has no neutral'

MadeOfMetal

so others can see how to escape most of his shit or what you should do when you see the setups, and his B1 can be oh/low or low/oh.

but his b1 is 18 frames on startup so you should have no problem predicting what to block

MadeOfMetal

so others can see how to escape most of his shit or what you should do when you see the setups, and his B1 can be oh/low or low/oh.

but his b1 is 18 frames on startup so you should have no problem predicting what to block

DDutchguy

Stand 4'ing airplanes out of the sky

Thanks for showing the options you have against certain Cyrax setups. The problem is that in a lot of these setups, Cyrax can either delay it so you'll have to be lord Paulo himself to be able to block the oh/low or low/oh or Cyrax can do a B3 or throw instead of B1. I'd also like to say that B1 being 18 frames is not enough to make it no problem predictomg what to block. First time you showed the setup, B1 came out darned fast.

MadeOfMetal

Thanks for showing the options you have against certain Cyrax setups. The problem is that in a lot of these setups, Cyrax can either delay it so you'll have to be lord Paulo himself to be able to block the oh/low or low/oh or Cyrax can do a B3 or throw instead of B1. I'd also like to say that B1 being 18 frames is not enough to make it no problem predictomg what to block. First time you showed the setup, B1 came out darned fast.
true true, but at the same time its a guess for cyrax as well, what your going to do armor backdash delay block or what not

DDutchguy

true true, but at the same time its a guess for cyrax as well, what your going to do armor backdash delay block or what not
So I just watched the video again to check something. The first time you showed Reptile armoring out, it was after the setup had already connected. To actually armor out, you would have to block the actual setup first before your armor comes out. I imagine this has to do with B1s blockstun so that B1~bomb becomes a true blockstring that can't be armored in-between.

And then another thing, the first showing of Reptile armoring out isn't actually escaping the HTB, it's just general disrespect of + frames. After a low bomb I'm sure Cyrax is reasonably plus, allowing him to go for a throw or whatever. Armoring out is only escaping the options Cyrax has after the setup, which are far less threatening than the HTB itself.

MadeOfMetal

So I just watched the video again to check something. The first time you showed Reptile armoring out, it was after the setup had already connected. To actually armor out, you would have to block the actual setup first before your armor comes out. I imagine this has to do with B1s blockstun so that B1~bomb becomes a true blockstring that can't be armored in-between.

And then another thing, the first showing of Reptile armoring out isn't actually escaping the HTB, it's just general disrespect of + frames. After a low bomb I'm sure Cyrax is reasonably plus, allowing him to go for a throw or whatever. Armoring out is only escaping the options Cyrax has after the setup, which are far less threatening than the HTB itself.
on the second one, you have enough time to armor with some characters, and certain characters who avoid mids and oh with thier low profiling armor moves like Sub or Reptile or Mileena can naturally get out of these setups, without strain, but some senerios you can have enough time to armor with alomst any character.

the first time, i wasn't showing me armoring or that wasn't my intent, it was more the fact that you can block it, which before patch many top players made videos explaining how to consistantly do this before and how you can practice the fuzzy blocking to stop these setups. the fact im getting at here is its very good tech and you should utilize these tech vids that others share, cuz they are viable in certain curcumstances but there is an option and none of them are unblockable or unescapable. iof you can't armor one odds are your response is to block it, if you can't backdash or jump out try armor or simply block.

the B1 setups is great tech and very cool and i give Reaper props for making it a few months back, but having known it for months many people have learned to block these setups due to the fact that B1 is 18 frames on startup and those with Gaming Monitors can consistantly block these setups, and on the ones that can be armored are easily escapable, and considering his shitty Neutral after a sucessful block you should have plently of opertunities to end him, especcially with a cancel pressure character that you get 3 mixups to his 1.

aslo to note would be the fact that Cyrax has no real Hit confirmable OH's and he only has one Low that is hit confirmable his F13 and that is hard btw i think its a 4 frame link.

his F21 only has 1 frame between the 2 and 1, and his B1 and b2 are not hit confirmable, his most used string to hit confirm is 111. and its great, but doesn't have that range his F13 has, id compare the first hit of 111 to mileenas D1 range and its a high and easily avoidable.

Doombawkz

Trust me, I'm a doctor
I can't be backdashed. It can't be armored. It can't be blocked. It can't be jumped out of. It can't be throw broken. It can't be bargained with. It can't be reasoned with. It doesn't feel pity, or remorse, or fear. And it absolutely will not stop, ever, until you are dead.
Yeah that may be but...

Can it see why kids love Cinnamon Toast Crunch?

MadeOfMetal

his neutral is amazing.
there is no world where one combo makes a characters neutral game suddenly become amazing. especcially a bottom tier character. Cyrax has the problem of only getting combo setups from his true starter into net which is very punishable on block, and his oh options are very slow 18 frams and 35 frames.

of course you can waist bars of meter all day for a guess to make him safe EX buzz saw starters, but i wouldn't recommend that esp sense he needs to save it for gaps and wakups as well as EX buzz saw being his only real Projectile, since his Bombs are very slow to come out and very long recovery, one only has to RC through them for punish, and only has to fear a very punishable Net on block, which if you can't see a net coming from half to full screen then my gawd thats another problem in its self.

DDutchguy

on the second one, you have enough time to armor with some characters, and certain characters who avoid mids and oh with thier low profiling armor moves like Sub or Reptile or Mileena can naturally get out of these setups, without strain, but some senerios you can have enough time to armor with alomst any character.

the first time, i wasn't showing me armoring or that wasn't my intent, it was more the fact that you can block it, which before patch many top players made videos explaining how to consistantly do this before and how you can practice the fuzzy blocking to stop these setups. the fact im getting at here is its very good tech and you should utilize these tech vids that others share, cuz they are viable in certain curcumstances but there is an option and none of them are unblockable or unescapable. iof you can't armor one odds are your response is to block it, if you can't backdash or jump out try armor or simply block.

the B1 setups is great tech and very cool and i give Reaper props for making it a few months back, but having known it for months many people have learned to block these setups due to the fact that B1 is 18 frames on startup and those with Gaming Monitors can consistantly block these setups, and on the ones that can be armored are easily escapable, and considering his shitty Neutral after a sucessful block you should have plently of opertunities to end him, especcially with a cancel pressure character that you get 3 mixups to his 1.

aslo to note would be the fact that Cyrax has no real Hit confirmable OH's and he only has one Low that is hit confirmable his F13 and that is hard btw i think its a 4 frame link.

his F21 only has 1 frame between the 2 and 1, and his B1 and b2 are not hit confirmable, his most used string to hit confirm is 111. and its great, but doesn't have that range his F13 has, id compare the first hit of 111 to mileenas D1 range and its a high and easily avoidable.
Ah alright, thanks for the explanation.