What's new

Tech - Cyrax 2-bar inescapable 55% reset

God Confirm

We're all from Earthrealm. If not, cool pic brah.
there is no world where one combo makes a characters neutral game suddenly become amazing. especcially a bottom tier character. Cyrax has the problem of only getting combo setups from his true starter into net which is very punishable on block, and his oh options are very slow 18 frams and 35 frames.

of course you can waist bars of meter all day for a guess to make him safe EX buzz saw starters, but i wouldn't recommend that esp sense he needs to save it for gaps and wakups as well as EX buzz saw being his only real Projectile, since his Bombs are very slow to come out and very long recovery, one only has to RC through them for punish, and only has to fear a very punishable Net on block, which if you can't see a net coming from half to full screen then my gawd thats another problem in its self.
Seriously dude you need to shut the fuck up about tryna downplay Cyrus. I said Ronin has an amazing nuetral not Cyrax. Didn't need your trash tier input

MadeOfMetal

Kenshi Srubtastic,Cyrax, Special Forces Mains
Seriously dude you need to shut the fuck up about tryna downplay Cyrus. I said Ronin has an amazing nuetral not Cyrax. Didn't need your trash tier input
wow lol, ok then, i never downplayed Cyrax in fact i have upplayed him plenty, maybe you should not call others trash when you clearly don't know them.

and if you where not talking about Cyrax at all then im wrong , but thats no excuse to call me names, i didn't attack you so chill the hell out, im defending my character that i know very well needs help and noone can say they wouldn't do the same

Tweedy

Noob
Cyrax's neutral is not bad, he is not "bottom tier", unless bottom tier is A or A+ tier. It may be on this game.

You can't discredit moves because they aren't perfect, and then remove them completely from the equation. Saying that F1 is a high doesn't automatically make it useless. It's really, really good unless they try to low profile you with a poke. F4 is still a really good whiff punisher and Cyrax can make it -8 with pushback, rather than death on block.

Cyrax not having hit cofirmable 50/50s is such a first world problem. He can make them neutral on block with meter or take the risk. There are some characters that have to use meter to attempt a 50/50 that will still be unsafe. Other characters have no 50/50s, some cannot hit confirm and cannot use meter to be made safe. When it comes to 50/50s Cyrax is above average, for sure.

Characters like Cutthroat Kano, D'vorah, Spectral, are bullshit. You're basically complaining because Cyrax isn't them.

I love how people are putting Ermac in S tier and the Ermac players are like "yeah breh our neutral is whatever but we get those big damages and 50/50s", while the Cyrax community is acting like their character with similar attributes belongs in the dumpster. Now i'm not saying that Cyrax is as good as Ermac, but I basically am. Master of Souls and Mystic anyways.

Also, i'm not calling anyone a noob, but Cyrax is definitely not a noob friendly character. He has to not jump and rely on a good D1 and backdash to get out of pressure. If you rely on jumping and good armor to do work, the character might not be for you.

GLoRToR

Positive Poster!

I can't be backdashed. It can't be armored. It can't be blocked. It can't be jumped out of. It can't be throw broken. It can't be bargained with. It can't be reasoned with. It doesn't feel pity, or remorse, or fear. And it absolutely will not stop, ever, until you are dead.
Nah he's a bad character.

MadeOfMetal

i don't think his neutral is bottom tier, i think his lack of zoning, lack of footsies and neutral together put him in bottom tier, its him as a hole compiled with all his bad matchups, and how many characters do what he does but better probably why every swapped from him to others.

dont get me wrong i love cyrax, because of his fun tools, like techrolls into carries, or cool setups, i like having to work to get any sort of damage on them.

buit if others had it there way a already struggling character in this cast, would be nerfed once again just after people are finding ways to dust him off after that horrible nerf

xxFalcon Loverxx

Ignorant slaves, how quickly you forget.
Ronin gets 52% off B21 for 2 bars, and his neutral is amazing.
Explain how his neutral is this amazing godlike, one hit kill machine.

He gets low profiled by 99% of the cast. His footsies are highs; and can be easily low profiled by simply crouch blocking. People like you, literally have no idea what the fuck they're talking about.

EDIT: Oops, you weren't referring to cyrax. Disregard post pls.

MadeOfMetal

He gets low profiled by 99% of the cast. His footsies are highs; and can be easily low profiled by simply crouch blocking. People like you, literally have no idea what the fuck they're talking about.

lol i made same mistake, and believe it or not there are some saying Cyrax isn't bottom tier(they say he is A+ or higher, lol they must have some serious matchup issues in serious need of lab time), and that is neutral is good LMAO

xxFalcon Loverxx

lol i made same mistake, and believe it or not there are some saying Cyrax isn't bottom tier, and that is neutral is good LMAO
Tbh, in my opinion cyrax is mid tier. I wouldn't say bottom tier. But i respect your opinion. :D

But the people saying cyrax's neutral is good: Stop making random as fuck fairytales about how good his neutral is. God...

MadeOfMetal

man someone has got to find a Cyrax Secret Brutality, we know he has one, just gotta find it

RyuKazuya

Jesus is my Lord and Savior!
Even though this will cause a "mk9 Cyrax says hello" shit storm i have to say that this looks cool and is not as stupid as in mk9. Or am i wrong?

Tweedy

Noob
I'm pretty sure this isn't stupid. Alot of characters can do 50% 2 bars.
55%, and no.

There are some characters with situational 55% 2 bar combos, like in the corner and shit, but no. Getting a 55% combo for two bars off of any hit midscreen, and being 0 on block if they guess right, is pretty good M8.

Of course this is Cyrax, though. He could have Cutthroat's EX buff and his bad footsies would make it an average tool, right? His footsies, neutral, spacing are all bad bro. That's 3 things even though it's one thing. Agenda pushing boys.

God Confirm

It's clearly talking about Takeda and I eve specified in the next post for the other moron... Edit your post away if you want me to disregard it, this Cyrax community is unbearable, you guys downplay him so rabidly you can't even stop and read when someone is defending this

xxFalcon Loverxx

It's clearly talking about Takeda and I eve specified in the next post for the other moron... Edit your post away if you want me to disregard it, this Cyrax community is unbearable, you guys downplay him so rabidly you can't even stop and read when someone is defending this
LOL, i get mocked for saying he's upper mid tier (because people think i'm an up-player). What do you want me to place him? Top 5? Top 1? If we "downplay" him so much, then tell me what his actuall tier placement is.

God Confirm

55%, and no.

There are some characters with situational 55% 2 bar combos, like in the corner and shit, but no. Getting a 55% combo for two bars off of any hit midscreen, and being 0 on block if they guess right, is pretty good M8
It is very good, and it's definitely not something "a lot of characters can do" like he said, but it's also not all really situational gimmicks or whatever. Takeda punishes midscreen for 52% for two bars, and it doesn't even need to be a punish, it's a long reaching 15f OH into low string, so good opener too. Hellfire up until this patch could dump two bars into a 52% standing reset combo from connecting anywhere on the screen. That's just the top of my head. I mean that's EXCELLENT top range damage don't get me wrong, its not necessarily too much tho if the character is balanced around it

E

Eldriken

Hm. This doesn't look like the General Discussion thread for this character, so why is it being discussed here? I somehow doubt the OP intended for this to become a "CYRAX SUX BUPH PLZ", "CYRAX IS TOO GUD NEFR NAO" or "CYRAX HAS NO NEUTRAL" thread.

Take it there if that's what you want to discuss. Otherwise discuss what the topic is about.