What's new

"12th-level intellect" Brainiac General Discussion

Hey so ive been trying to play braniac but problem I'm having is I use a different control scheme for braniac and it doesn't seem to be a way to switch controls online if their is a way can someone tell me

Hey so ive been trying to play braniac but problem I'm having is I use a different control scheme for braniac and it doesn't seem to be a way to switch controls online if their is a way can someone tell me
Save your control scheme in the menu and it should carry over for online, offline etc. You need to select the correct control setup. You can have more than 1 saved.

Marinjuana

Up rock incoming, ETA 5 minutes
I mean like I wanna use custom 2 for braniac but custom 1 for everyone else and is their a way to switch between them while playing online.
I don't think you can, but what you can do, is just use LB/L1 or another button as trait for every character. Then you have throw tech right there on your buttons like other games do. For most characters I feel comfortable having trait there. Obviously not the answer you were looking for but I think it works great.

Marinjuana

Id like to take my brainiac to the next level and start mixing.
You guys have any of those dirty crossup set ups?
@Marinjuana ?
I don't really have any crossup setups outside of the corner one which SixPathsOfHate mentioned. You can also make it so you don't have to do divekick to crossup but it's trickier. You can land off pretty much any hard knockdown.

That said, I go for long range crossups with trait to help cover all the time. If you scare them away from anti airing and have them respect it by blocking high, you can get some tricky to block situations with trait on top of ambiguous JI2s.

There's a lot of times where you can do a simple ambiguous crossup midscreen off pretty much any decent knockdown but there's usually a bunch of ways to avoid it.

There's also that divekick OKi crossup tech, I think from legion666, basically you'll do a hard knockdown(easily done with sweep), dash forward and then jump forward into reverse divekick that will cross the opponent up. Not the easiest one to pull off consistently but it's pretty nasty.

SixPathsOfHate

Make triple skulls input BDF or DF Hold F
are you equiping it before going into a online match? You have to equip it with a before you leave the screen.

Id like to take my brainiac to the next level and start mixing.
You guys have any of those dirty crossup set ups?
@Marinjuana ?
I don't really have any crossup setups outside of the corner one which SixPathsOfHate mentioned. You can also make it so you don't have to do divekick to crossup but it's trickier. You can land off pretty much any hard knockdown.

That said, I go for long range crossups with trait to help cover all the time. If you scare them away from anti airing and have them respect it by blocking high, you can get some tricky to block situations with trait on top of ambiguous JI2s.

There's a lot of times where you can do a simple ambiguous crossup midscreen off pretty much any decent knockdown but there's usually a bunch of ways to avoid it.

There's also that divekick OKi crossup tech, I think from legion666, basically you'll do a hard knockdown(easily done with sweep), dash forward and then jump forward into reverse divekick that will cross the opponent up. Not the easiest one to pull off consistently but it's pretty nasty.
If the dirty cross up set ups are what you want I have a juicy one, but that might require it's own thread. It is a a cross up /non cross up hard-to-blockable midscreen, similar to the corner j2xxdivekick.

4x4lo8o

Noob
Are there any Brainiac players on xbl that would like to get games with me? I'm trying to learn to learn this match up?

SixPathsOfHate

Are there any Brainiac players on xbl that would like to get games with me? I'm trying to learn to learn this match up?
I cant consistently dive kick on my left side anymore for some reason after taking a break for 2 days but I am still willing to play. Im not a god but I know enough to net me a win or 2... GT: SixPathsOfHate

Marinjuana

My internet is down so no patch for me yet but I like the sound of these changes. BF3mb will now be the guaranteed damage it should be and it sounds like we'll get our "proper" plus frames after s blocked DK-trait, which could be super good.

I am curious about this combo hitbox thing with Beta Strike, Idk what they mean but I hope it doesn't have any negative consequences.

Edit: I don't know how to strikethrough but ignore that shit about BF3 it was DB2.

Last edited:

Marinjuana

Add me if you want, same tag as profile name. Just send a message if you see me online.

Last edited:

SixPathsOfHate

My internet is down so no patch for me yet but I like the sound of these changes. BF3mb will now be the guaranteed damage it should be and it sounds like we'll get our "proper" plus frames after s blocked DK-trait, which could be super good.

I am curious about this combo hitbox thing with Beta Strike, Idk what they mean but I hope it doesn't have any negative consequences.
What do you mean by guaranteed damage? Like it has more invincibility frames?

Marinjuana

What do you mean by guaranteed damage? Like it has more invincibility frames?
I just mean that they can't get out of it if they get hit. You can't clash MB special hits but you were able to air escape in between bf3 and the MB which could actually be really annoying if you were trying to close out a round or something.

Edit: Ignore all this shit.

Last edited:

Won't have a chance to play today but sounds like beta strike has bigger hit region in combos, hope that this means that I now can actually do my monster trait combos not only on large characters but on females as well))))

Marinjuana

I have internet! Assuming this download finishes I'll post any thing I find, yea I'm hoping that the change makes combo'ing on females easier cause even the simple divekick-beta strike is way more difficult on the smaller hitboxes. Here's the notes just to post him in this thread.

• Brainiac - Fixed a bug that allowed Tendril Smash MeterBurn (Towards + Hard, MB) to be air escaped
  • Brainiac – Fixed a bug that prevented Beta Strike’s hit region to be increased while opponent is in a combo
  • Brainiac - Fixed bug causing Beta Strike and Beta Bomb blockstun and hitstun being shorter than expected if it collides with the opponent immediately following a blocked Pneumenoid Dive

SixPathsOfHate

On the change with beta strike hitbox being adjusted. If you did something like f2d1 with a held beta strike before it would whiff on the d1 part cause the enemy was facing downward cause the low strike but now its alot more consistent.

Marinjuana

New shaders are cool but they are pretty similar to other ones already available. I like the alt, "B-13 Phantom (Alternate)". Reference to Brainiac 13 I guess.

I don't think d1~beta strike actually combo'd pre patch, it does now. Stuff like that seems easier, like if you did b12~trait release, it seems easier to get it to combo. Idk for sure though TBH.

Can't tell if these trait combos on Wonder Woman are easier or if I just knocked the rust off from practicing before I downloaded the patch. It feels easier but it could be placebo.

Beta Strike/Bomb after divekick feels more consistently plus and you can get it to fully jail into d1 and maybe some other stuff(as in, Divekick~Beta~D1 no gaps) but you are still at the mercy of spacing it seems like.

My LB button is starting to break from all this trait usage. :confused:

New shaders are cool but they are pretty similar to other ones already available. I like the alt, "B-13 Phantom (Alternate)". Reference to Brainiac 13 I guess.

I don't think d1~beta strike actually combo'd pre patch, it does now. Stuff like that seems easier, like if you did b12~trait release, it seems easier to get it to combo. Idk for sure though TBH.

Can't tell if these trait combos on Wonder Woman are easier or if I just knocked the rust off from practicing before I downloaded the patch. It feels easier but it could be placebo.

Beta Strike/Bomb after divekick feels more consistently plus and you can get it to fully jail into d1 and maybe some other stuff(as in, Divekick~Beta~D1 no gaps) but you are still at the mercy of spacing it seems like.

My LB button is starting to break from all this trait usage. :confused:
Can you try if d1xxShoulder, beta strike connects consistently on females?!?!