What's new

"12th-level intellect" Brainiac General Discussion

SixPathsOfHate

Make triple skulls input BDF or DF Hold F
Why cant I combo after the beta strike?
An example would be in the corner if I do f1 beta strike it combos but I cant get anything after that, not even a d1. Whats stopping it?

The list of strings that combo with beta strike:
1, f1, f2, b2, 3, 11, f2 d1

SixPathsOfHate

So after watching a green lantern constantly cross me up with his stupid f3 I decided to try and find something similar to it. To my surprise I did. I cant block it to save my life.

I try holding block in both directions to see which side blocks it but neither blocks it. Somehow I managed to get brainiac to hit on both sides at different times. I even tried left to right and vice versa and nothing, I blocked it one time but I mashed left and right after about 5 tries.

I didnt get all the footage but what I have here should be enough. I havent been able to replicate it and I am wondering if yall could try.

EDIT: So I was able to do it again and I still dont understand whats going on but I am now getting it consistently. To block this you have to literally a frame to block front to back. Any faster or slower and you dont block it.

The confusing part comes in that you are infront of them even though you are still crossing them up.

You can tell which way they tried to block if they failed because if you land back in front they held foward and vice verse if they held back.

Last edited:

just_2swift

MK1 is the best MK period.
So after watching a green lantern constantly cross me up with his stupid f3 I decided to try and find something similar to it. To my surprise I did. I cant block it to save my life.

I try holding block in both directions to see which side blocks it but neither blocks it. Somehow I managed to get brainiac to hit on both sides at different times. I even tried left to right and vice versa and nothing, I blocked it one time but I mashed left and right after about 5 tries.

I didnt get all the footage but what I have here should be enough. I havent been able to replicate it and I am wondering if yall could try.

Good Lord I can't wait to try this and add it to my collection of corner rape

EDIT: So I was able to do it again and I still dont understand whats going on but I am now getting it consistently. To block this you have to literally a frame to block front to back. Any faster or slower and you dont block it.

The confusing part comes in that you are infront of them even though you are still crossing them up.

You can tell which way they tried to block if they failed because if you land back in front they held foward and vice verse if they held back.
That is what I was talking about when I posted my set up with trait hitting in front and divekick crossing up. Here you have a great example of such set up executed so that you have a very tight timing for blocking trait and divekick. Of course delayed wake up avoids this, but the timing of the set up can also be changed to account for the delay.

SixPathsOfHate

That is what I was talking about when I posted my set up with trait hitting in front and divekick crossing up. Here you have a great example of such set up executed so that you have a very tight timing for blocking trait and divekick. Of course delayed wake up avoids this, but the timing of the set up can also be changed to account for the delay.
Oh damn really.
I saw what you posted but its been so long and I took a break from the game for atleast a month.
I still dont understand how dive kick is hitting the front of them but it is crossing up.

Oh damn really.
I saw what you posted but its been so long and I took a break from the game for atleast a month.
I still dont understand how dive kick is hitting the front of them but it is crossing up.
Actually, after watching you video about 10 times I think that the trait is crossing up, and divekick doesn't, so it is the reverse of my set up)

Marinjuana

Up rock incoming, ETA 5 minutes
Brainiac takes an extra tick of damage when he Tendril Swings when affected by Enchantresses' "Ehwaz" hex which causes you to take damage when you jump or duck. Does about 5% per tick so that is very significant.

SixPathsOfHate

Enchantress looking booty so far. With my time played with her, looking at her normals and specials. She doesnt have the mid screen presence to make us fear her. Her hells gate does nothing against us. I still dont know what her restand does for her but I dont see anything worth it atm. (IK she just came out). None of her parries work on dive kick so when ever you see her go into any of them just dive kick.

Her damage is PITIFUL. Her trait is non existent against us as we just jump over it. Only thing we have to "worry "about is her f23 which can be confirmed into ice cube where she can get a free hex or trait call and still be able to combo you.

Marinjuana

Up rock incoming, ETA 5 minutes
Enchantress looking booty so far. With my time played with her, looking at her normals and specials. She doesnt have the mid screen presence to make us fear her. Her hells gate does nothing against us. I still dont know what her restand does for her but I dont see anything worth it atm. (IK she just came out). None of her parries work on dive kick so when ever you see her go into any of them just dive kick.

Her damage is PITIFUL. Her trait is non existent against us as we just jump over it. Only thing we have to "worry "about is her f23 which can be confirmed into ice cube where she can get a free hex or trait call and still be able to combo you.
Yea but if she get's her Fehu curse out then we can enjoy not having special moves. She's not even really out yet, you have to give her time. I could see her being good but also see her losing some matchups badly, but only time will tell.

SixPathsOfHate

Our dive kick goes through all her parries. She can't play that game with us cause we can just jump and dive kick the moment we see that restanding S2. Her other parry isnt used much and it doesnt seem good either unless she can make reads. We can hold our beta bombs so her wall is useless in that sense and we can just leap over. Only thing she has on us is that she can air to air us easily so we have to be careful with that but a dive kick will deal with it like everything else.

She is one of the few characters we can use IADK as mobility/rushdown cause she has no projectile, if we get full screen. Leap isnt even needed cause iadk our way to mid screen is faster and more reliable. From my experience.

Edit: spelling.

Last edited: