What's new

100+ Rage Quits in SFV on the first release week

Temp

Salmon. Otters. The Bringer.
I do not understand why this is allowed in these games. Your both connected to the server right.. so the server knows who leaves the game and who is left in the lobby or w/e... (or dose it use direct connects.. i doubt it)

I just do not understand why this is not implemented in like all games, why is this even an issue... is there something I am missing here?
Mike Z commented about this issue on Eventhubs, and he says that the servers have no foolproof way of knowing which player ragequitted. I'm not a developer, so it's weird to me that that's true, but I generally trust Mike Z.

The Farmer

Gunslinger since pre ptch -Shout out 2 Youphs 2015
What sucks is I am a complete noob at sf. I've worked pretty hard lately just trying to get timing and mechanics down. I rarely ever get a win, but hey I'm trying to level up and learn. But a few times when I was on the verge of getting a rare hard fought win......BOOM rage quit.

big j gleez

Mains: Not Sure Right Now ...
The first few days I was up to over 2,000 lp. Then everyone started rage quitting literally every match. The only time points were changed was when I lost because I wasn't quitting lol. Dropped down to 1,000 and said screw this I am just playing casual matches and people on my friends list.

Dizzy

False Information Police Officer
Premium Supporter
NetherRealm Studios
I've only played probably 50 matches of ranked sfv and it's insane that even at the low ranks it's like, 30% or so of wins are rage quits. I can imagine it just gets worse as your rank gets higher

It's absolutely insane how bad it is. I can't really think of any game I've played prior to this that had such rampant rage quitting.
I don't think it's possible 2 top the Cheating and R Q from Umvc3 and Tekken 6 the top Ranked PSN Tekken 6 Player had a 24k W- 29 L !!!! Record Booster and Hackers in both Games delete their losses and keep their "Win Streak" goin the best way 2 get rid of them delete their PSN or XBLIVE Account.

from EH

Capcom gave another update on what will be happening with Street Fighter 5 in the coming days and weeks.

Neidel "Haunts" Crisan said that Capcom is looking at a permanent solution to address the rage quitting issue which a number of players have complained about since launch, but some kind of penalty system will be implemented next week.

Until then, Capcom wants your help tracking down the worst offenders, by recording videos of them abusing the system and submitting it to them.

Disconnecting Players (aka Rage Quitters)

Yes, we are well aware of the problem of players disconnecting before the match ends to retain their League Points and their win streaks. Thanks to all of the players who have brought this to our attention.

We are working on a permanent solution to this problem, though we don’t have an exact date to share with you at the moment. That said, we are going to take direct action starting next week to punish those players who are abusing the system.

This punishment will be severe for the worst offenders, but we will need the community’s help with this. We will follow up with more details next week, but over the weekend, please record every instance of rage quitting you encounter.

The best way to do this is to use the SHARE function on the PlayStation 4 after the match has concluded, though any video evidence will suffice (Twitch archives, local recordings etc.).

Matchmaking

Much like the last update, matchmaking for both Raked and Casual modes is working as intended for most users, but we do understand this is not the case for some players in Europe, the Middle East and various other regions.

Several improvements were made this past week that should have decreased the wait time for many users in those territories, but we will continue to monitor the situation and will provide updates when additional improvements are made.

That’s about it for today. Once again, if you have any feedback, please leave a comment here on Capcom Unity or shoot a tweet over to @SFVServer.

from EH

Capcom gave another update on what will be happening with Street Fighter 5 in the coming days and weeks.

Neidel "Haunts" Crisan said that Capcom is looking at a permanent solution to address the rage quitting issue which a number of players have complained about since launch, but some kind of penalty system will be implemented next week.

Until then, Capcom wants your help tracking down the worst offenders, by recording videos of them abusing the system and submitting it to them.

Disconnecting Players (aka Rage Quitters)

Yes, we are well aware of the problem of players disconnecting before the match ends to retain their League Points and their win streaks. Thanks to all of the players who have brought this to our attention.

We are working on a permanent solution to this problem, though we don’t have an exact date to share with you at the moment. That said, we are going to take direct action starting next week to punish those players who are abusing the system.

This punishment will be severe for the worst offenders, but we will need the community’s help with this. We will follow up with more details next week, but over the weekend, please record every instance of rage quitting you encounter.

The best way to do this is to use the SHARE function on the PlayStation 4 after the match has concluded, though any video evidence will suffice (Twitch archives, local recordings etc.).

Matchmaking

Much like the last update, matchmaking for both Raked and Casual modes is working as intended for most users, but we do understand this is not the case for some players in Europe, the Middle East and various other regions.

Several improvements were made this past week that should have decreased the wait time for many users in those territories, but we will continue to monitor the situation and will provide updates when additional improvements are made.

That’s about it for today. Once again, if you have any feedback, please leave a comment here on Capcom Unity or shoot a tweet over to @SFVServer.
oooohhh someone gonna get punished

Airvidal

"You play weird" It's called being unorthodox ;)
How do you know they are not losing streak or points for each rage quit? Did you do it yourself to test it?

How do you know they are not losing streak or points for each rage quit? Did you do it yourself to test it?
I have faced many of these RQtters 2-3 times and their points and win streak stayed the same or got higher every single time I run into them again and they did RQ again on the second and third time after I beat them easily = no points lost.

Blade4693

VIVIVI
Maybe its because I lose half of the time and can't get out of bronze but I think I have only been rage quitted on once, though I have had a handful of matches that "failed to retrieve data" right at the win screen lol

Apex Kano

Kano Commando main MKX
Rage Quits would stop if you win/loss was hidden. Therefore it would be for your personal viewing and more people would play to ger better.

Undeadjim

Green Lantern Corps.
Do not by any means play this game late night from EU it is pointless. In about 2 hours I managed to pull 20ish games I had 11 rage quits.... about 3 Americans and the rest were actual games. Also GG's Qwark.

SinkFla

Noob
Yesterday I had 11 rage quits in a row. Five of them were from Silver tier players. Can't wait until next week lol.