What's new

100+ Rage Quits in SFV on the first release week

The RQ issue needs to be addressed to Capcom and I hope this is going to be fixed as soon as possible. In USF4 there is a penalty for RQ = losing points & win streak, but in SFV any RQ = you keep your points & win streak. On the first release week 100+ ppl did RQ vs me, but I wasn't recording all the time.
I ended up compiling this vid and hope this is going to be fixed soon.
Thanks for reading.

ChaosTheory

A fat woman came into the shoe store today...
So are these guys just hitting Start ---> Leave Game and the match doesn't count?

I remember there used to be a distinction between rage quitting and pulling. The rankwhores had to actually get up and pull their cords or turn their console off or whatever to preserve their 1500-2 record.

TheIrishFGCguy

Pew pew pew
When a competitive fighting game doesn't have a penalty for quitting, you get bullshit like this. Jimmy over here has a 45 game win streak, but guess what? Jimmy fucking sucks and can't play for shit. Jimmy quits the game right as he gets rekt by his superior opponent and the game is kind enough to keep Jimmy's fabricated win streak. Jimmy is a fucking loser.
Fuck Capcom.

Jynks

some heroes are born, some made, some wondrous
I do not understand why this is allowed in these games. Your both connected to the server right.. so the server knows who leaves the game and who is left in the lobby or w/e... (or dose it use direct connects.. i doubt it) Anyway... as far as I am concerned if you disconnect FOR ANY REASON you should get counted as a loss and the other player should count as a win. Sure there will be some people that get legit disconnects getting upset.. but I think that is preferable to encouraging DC-kids form doing it all the time as a typo of cheating.

I just do not understand why this is not implemented in like all games, why is this even an issue... is there something I am missing here?

THTB

Arez | Booya | Riu48 - Rest Easy, Friends
So are these guys just hitting Start ---> Leave Game and the match doesn't count?

I remember there used to be a distinction between rage quitting and pulling. The rankwhores had to actually get up and pull their cords or turn their console off or whatever to preserve their 1500-2 record.
Can't access start menu online. Everyone's just closing the game, then restarting it.

It's really dumb. Good thing the level system doesn't work properly, otherwise this shit would be even more infuriating. Not sure how Capcom missed this one.

Sugarwatermixlegit

Bruce Campbell 4 MK!!!
Wow. This is dumb. I am happy MKX lets you feel better about yourself by having the person who RQ getting their head blown off. Could have been more brutal though. Sigh.

E

Eldriken

Can't access start menu online. Everyone's just closing the game, then restarting it.

It's really dumb. Good thing the level system doesn't work properly, otherwise this shit would be even more infuriating. Not sure how Capcom missed this one.
The same way they missed having challenges, instant rematch, etc. :DOGE

RoboCop

The future of law enforcement.
Administrator
Premium Supporter
When a competitive fighting game doesn't have a penalty for quitting, you get bullshit like this. Jimmy over here has a 45 game win streak, but guess what? Jimmy fucking sucks and can't play for shit. Jimmy quits the game right as he gets rekt by his superior opponent and the game is kind enough to keep Jimmy's fabricated win streak. Jimmy is a fucking loser.
Fuck Capcom.
#fuckJimmy

ChaosTheory

A fat woman came into the shoe store today...

You can't press start in a game? I've heard people complaining, but was this game released that incomplete?

It's absolutely insane how bad it is. I can't really think of any game I've played prior to this that had such rampant rage quitting.
I'm unfamiliar, but you earn points for doing this, right? Do these points have to do with anything outside of the big tournament? Like the in-game currency?

E

Eldriken

You can't press start in a game? I've heard people complaining, but was this game released that incomplete?

I'm unfamiliar, but you earn points for doing this, right? Do these points have to do with anything outside of the big tournament? Like the in-game currency?
No. The points are just for the ranking system as far as I know.

evolution07

It's too soon to get cocky.
I think what they're doing is going into the psn network options before doing any matches, and then they keep that screen in the background so that if they lose, they just double tap start, uncheck "connect to Internet", connect again and go back to the game.